KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » Heroism vs. Terrorism

Heroism vs. Terrorism
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

I was thinking towards a few weeks. I'm ready to start when everyone else is. smile

I'll post the character things in a second, BB.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2003 04:55 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Here's an example, using a super villain instead of a hero. A hero is likely to have a less twisted past. And remember, nothing absurd for powers, and follow the templates above.

Name: Bruce "Hitler" Garret
Hero Name: Nazi
Background: Born in 1913 in Germany, he joined the Nazi War Machine for WWII. He was trained as a sniper. He was shot by an American soldier and fatally wounded. A scientist had come up with a chemical that he though could keep Bruce alive. Not only did it keep Bruce alive, but, after an accident in the lab, the mixed chemicals gave him uncommonly long age and excellent eyesight. In the year 2234, he still looks like he is about 30, though he has the mind of a 300-year-old man. He is highly dangerous and, though he's an old man in mind, he carries a horde of advanced equipment. Alongside all of the new equipment he carries a Gewehr sniper rifle.
Template: Bullet
Equipment:
--Gewehr sniper rifle
--Pistol
--Shotgun
--Flamethrower
--Plasma bullets for pistol (bullet encased in purple energy)
--Sniper bullets for Gewehr (normal sniper bullets)
--Flare shells for shotgun (causes a big flash)
--cases of gasoline for flamethrower

Old Post Mar 16th, 2003 05:12 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

BTW, I have nicknamed this game 'TeHeroism'...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 16th, 2003 12:32 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

TeHe. big grin

Old Post Mar 16th, 2003 08:51 PM
genral zink
Keeper of the Jello

I'll join. smile

Should I post my description here?

Old Post Mar 17th, 2003 12:02 AM
genral zink is currently offline Click here to Send genral zink a Private Message Find more posts by genral zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Sure, go ahead. smile

Old Post Mar 17th, 2003 02:01 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Rex, what's the news here?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 21st, 2003 07:51 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Well, no one seems to be wanting to join.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2003 05:05 AM
Fitch
Free

I dunno....I entered Fire's RPG and it looks like nobody is playing.SO there is a lack of interest in RPGs in this moment.I would join but I'm afraid the same thing will happen with u'res.I think it's better to keep it until the members are in the RPG fever again...big grin

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2003 07:25 PM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Fire's is in trouble? I mean, I haven't been fronting it or anything because he said he had the players he needed.

Seriously, guys., if you need help with these things just ask! I had to build this area from nothing to start with, remember.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2003 08:08 PM
Fitch
Free

Ush,u're the master here.If I'll ever make an RPG for sure I'll need your help.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2003 06:35 AM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Hmm...I think I'll post my description here...how does "The Mole" sound?

Name: Digory Underhill
Hero Name: The Mole
Background: Digory's past is somewhat unknown. His partners only know that he has spent his past with dirt. He had a fascination with what lay underneath the ground, and had had some experience as an archeologist. He was mutated at some point in his life, and his hands grew, and sharp digging claws formed. He can dig amazing fast.
Template: Mutant
Equipment:
--Drilling Rocket Launcher: Can fire drill-like rockets through the ground that explode upon impact. Keeps around just incase.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Apr 24th, 2003 03:59 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Good, BB. There's one...

I've got a notice. I'm expanding the Mutant category a little. There will be the Power Mutant, like the one above, and the Physical Mutant.

Power Mutant -- Received special powers by accident or on purpose. Wide range of powers, though it is usually only one or two abilities.

Physical Mutant -- Received special body adjustments by accident or on purpose. This includes changes to the body, including the building of muscles, the altering of body parts, the strengthing of bones, or enhanced athletic abilities.

BB, the Mole would fall under the Physical Mutant, just so you know.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2003 04:30 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Time to give examples of the templates in existing super heroes and super villains, as Ush has done with his Star Wars and Lord of the Rings games.

Combat Note: Since the Combat templates was somewhat my own creation for Super Heroes, I'm unsure about some of them fo now...

Fist -- Batman and Robin would go here, for they usually fight hand-to-hand.
Bullet -- My Hitler super villain falls into this category, for he has many guns that he is good with.
Melee -- Unsure for now...
Weapon Master -- Possibly Daredevil, being good with melee weapons and hand-to-hand combat.

Power

Generator -- Pyro and Iceman might fall into this category, being able to shoot fire or ice from their hands.
Elemental -- Storm has some control over the weather. Not sure if the weather is an element, but it is relevant to what this template can do.
Power Mutant -- Spider-Man, with his spider-sense and the ability to shoot webbing.
Freak -- Psychics like Dr. Xavier, shape-shifters like the Alien Manhunter, or people that cover themselves in goo like Venom or Carnage would go here.

Physical

Athlete -- Quite a few heroes would go here, examples being Spider-Man and Daredevil.
Hulk -- The Hulk and his green muscles.
Flash -- The Flash, who runs faster than light.
Hawk -- Hawk Girl or Bird Man, who both can fly.
Physical Mutant -- The Mole, BB's character, would fall into here, having enlarged hands and a bit of super speed in there somewhere. Flash and Hulk might go here too, but they would be a teeny bit slower or weaker than usual.

All-Around

Inhuman -- Super Man would fall into this category, having super strength and speed, the ability to fly, x-ray vision, laser vision, etc. Aqua Man might also go here, being very strong and can breath underwater.
Warrior -- Hawk Girl might go here too. She wields a mace as well as flies.
Laserbeam -- Unsure for now...

Last edited by REXXXX on Apr 24th, 2003 at 05:08 AM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2003 04:58 AM
yerssot

and this will start ... when?

Old Post May 7th, 2003 09:11 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

When people join, I suppose. Until then we just...wait.

Old Post May 8th, 2003 04:27 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Well, am I the only one pitching in here? It would be interesting to watch one or two people play it, wouldn't it? sad

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post May 18th, 2003 07:58 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Hello, anybody want to join?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 06:41 PM
Slybaghouse
A breath of fresh air

I'll join if you'll have me, I'm new to these boards but have been Rp'ing Star Wars for about a year now. I was searching for an X-men Forum and found this site and since this is close enough I would love to join. I'll give some thought to my character, if this thread is still a go.

- Winston Churchill

Old Post Jun 24th, 2003 09:08 PM
Slybaghouse is currently offline Click here to Send Slybaghouse a Private Message Find more posts by Slybaghouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Sure I'll have you. Welcome to the Forums. smile\

2 characters, still need 2 or 3 more.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2003 10:10 PM