KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Sooooooooo. Darth Maul has a brother

Sooooooooo. Darth Maul has a brother
Started by: TheMagicPillow

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
They can go... just don't do it in a tv series. They're not supposed to be boring.

lol

My point is, it's like complaining that in Star Trek, it's lame beacuse they encounter a new alien species. Diplomats are going to be diplomatic during the Clone Wars. It's going to happen.

I would agree if either of you if you said something similar to:

"They should make the same situation, which is obviously going to occur multiple times during this time frame, "off-screen" unless something significantly important to the plot occurs that is different from the last time."

If you said that, then, yes, I would agree.

You can and should complain about the same exact plot, "Padme goes on a diplomatic mission. Bad guys try to kill her because of her position. Ahsoka saves the day. The end." Was that really what occured?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 04:02 AM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

But Star Trek is a show about alien diplomacy and exploration. Clone Wars is not. The plot repetitions are equally annoying.

Anyway, the new character models are GREAT. A lot more detail, the characters look much more iconic, Ahsoka looks significantly older, though I still don't know why its necessary to have the leg diamonds.

The episode itself was actually ok. The plot didnt really go far but it did expose some of the coordination between Palpatine and Dooku. It was nice to see terrorism. It was also nice to see Separatist land, even though Raxus...WTF. More canon-carnage. Also why is the Separatist council parliament? It would be nice to explore some of these new Separatist species in the future. You can bet Ahsoka and that kid will have a run in again.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 06:54 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

The characters do look older, but what doesn't make sense is that Senator Farr appeared in the episode, although he should already be dead... Lousy job on the timeline once again...

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 07:41 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Good catch. I was waiting for a slip up like that. Now Ahsoka gets older and younger again. Just sloppy.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 08:00 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Wow a good political episode... I'm amazed. I really like how Dooku is working with the conspirators in the senate just as Palpatine is working with those in the Seperatist Parliment. And I love how Ahsoka's view on the war isn't as black/white as her masters, she is finally becoming her own character.

And finally new character models!!! Anakin and Ahsoka looked amazing!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 11:20 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Hybris
The characters do look older, but what doesn't make sense is that Senator Farr appeared in the episode, although he should already be dead... Lousy job on the timeline once again...

According to the episode guide the episode takes place prior to Senate Murders.

Also Padme got her friend Mina Bonteri killed.

Last edited by ares834 on Nov 21st, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2010 11:58 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Ordo
But Star Trek is a show about alien diplomacy and exploration. Clone Wars is not. The plot repetitions are equally annoying.

By that logic, Clone Wars should only be about wars, with clones.

What Clone Wars is about lots of different characters and their responsibilities. Some of those charactesr happen to diplomats. It's very simple and that was my only point.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2010 09:10 AM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

CW could be a bit more about dilemma's... Like Star Trek usually was. They only have one mission (join the republic) and one plot (baddie tries to kill, fails and gets apprehended pretty quickly or gets away easiliy to do the same thing some time later).

Old Post Nov 21st, 2010 12:23 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Originally posted by ares834
According to the episode guide the episode takes place prior to Senate Murders.

Also Padme got her friend Mina Bonteri killed.

Yeah that's what I figured, but it still doesn't make any sense that Ahsoka is still younger after the murder on Onaconda, while now she was older while he was still alive.

Unless ofcourse every episode that features Ahsoka as of Senate Murders is to be situated before Senate Murders... Oh and the same then should go for Anakin and his new haircut stick out tongue

Last edited by Hybris on Nov 22nd, 2010 at 10:27 AM

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2010 10:24 AM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Ahsoka wasn't even in Senate Murders IIRC. And according to the guide Senate Murders is the episode furthest into the timeline.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2010 04:38 PM
Hybris
Jedi Panda

I know, but for a show that is aiming at an audience of children, they are doing a poor job by making stuff so damn complicated stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2010 05:19 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Not to mention less enjoyable for anyone with a cognitive ability greater than age 7.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 12:37 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 04:04 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

God damn Alliance... your signature almost makes me gay.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 04:32 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by queeq
CW could be a bit more about dilemma's... Like Star Trek usually was. They only have one mission (join the republic) and one plot (baddie tries to kill, fails and gets apprehended pretty quickly or gets away easiliy to do the same thing some time later).

That's a very fitting explanation and I'll go with that.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 04:47 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
God damn Alliance... your signature almost makes me gay.

I've been meaning to make one for Reach, just spending all of my free time playing it instead of making a new sig. stick out tongue

I went gay for practically anything in armor a looong time ago lol.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 04:54 AM
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 01:03 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Originally posted by Ordo
I went gay for practically anything in armor a looong time ago lol.

Sounds about right! stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 25th, 2010 07:41 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hehehe

You wear a moustache as well? wink

Old Post Nov 25th, 2010 08:24 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Yeah he does.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 02:19 AM