KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Liam Neeson returns for The Clone Wars!

Liam Neeson returns for The Clone Wars!
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dark Exile

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dark Exile
Wow, you just can never be nice, can you Ordo?

Your like a more elitist, KMC version of Comic Book Guy.
"Worst. Clone Wars Episode. Ever."

wink

In all seriousness though, finding this out kinda turns me off the show. Would have been a great way to merge concepts and put to rest old prejudices. I guess I will have more interest if Savage shows up again. As for now, not really gonna care anymore.

Last edited by Dark Exile on Feb 15th, 2011 at 05:58 AM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 05:55 AM
Click here to Send Dark Exile a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Exile Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Thankfully I'm not obese. And yeah, I think this entire show sucks pretty hard. So does most of the EU, including this show, which is the exact opposite of what we were promised.

Revan is a fanboy(girl) cult and I think my disdain for the vapid tale that is KOTOR is well known around these parts. Bane seems useless to me. There is a reason I stick mostly to movies...and thats because they're generally the solid part of this series. I dont care for badassery, I care for depth and meaning and drama. Revan and bane seem to have all the hooting and hollering of an MMA fight. I select EU that I like and toss out the rest. I dont see how Revan or Bane contribute anything to the story, but when the story stinks to begin with, what can they add? We don't even know wtf the "Son" is, its all just a farce to put another sith lord in drag and destroy the drama of the movies. Like some mystical Pandora in a spinning top somehow controls the fate of the universe, Anakin will bow to any man who offers him jelly beans, and nothing in the old trilogy was an original concept, it was just Anakin rehashing the same plot over and over again

All this show has proved to me lately is that an ever-beautiful creation cant save an utter lack of vision and plot.

Hows that?

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Last edited by Ordo on Feb 15th, 2011 at 06:15 AM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 06:13 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Exile

Originally posted by Ordo
Thankfully I'm not obese. And yeah, I think this entire show sucks pretty hard. So does most of the EU, including this show, which is the exact opposite of what we were promised.

Revan is a fanboy(girl) cult and I think my disdain for the vapid tale that is KOTOR is well known around these parts. Bane seems useless to me. There is a reason I stick mostly to movies...and thats because they're generally the solid part of this series. I dont care for badassery, I care for depth and meaning and drama. Revan and bane seem to have all the hooting and hollering of an MMA fight. I select EU that I like and toss out the rest. I dont see how Revan or Bane contribute anything to the story, but when the story stinks to begin with, what can they add? We don't even know wtf the "Son" is, its all just a farce to put another sith lord in drag and destroy the drama of the movies. Like some mystical Pandora in a spinning top somehow controls the fate of the universe, Anakin will bow to any man who offers him jelly beans, and nothing in the old trilogy was an original concept, it was just Anakin rehashing the same plot over and over again

All this show has proved to me lately is that an ever-beautiful creation cant save an utter lack of vision and plot.

Hows that?

I could go through your argument and pick things apart, but in the end where would that get us? This is not the place nor is this the time, Star Wars is different things to different people, and people will always want to see what they want to see. You have some valid points and I respect your opinion. I just wish you would one day respect others.

Last edited by Dark Exile on Feb 15th, 2011 at 06:20 AM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 06:17 AM
Click here to Send Dark Exile a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Exile Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Disagreeing is not disrespecting. Calling me "elitist" and disrespectful, or likening me to cartoon characters, those are personal attacks. I don't really care about them nor do I find them hurtful, but I haven't leveled any at you. Just sayin.

You shouldn't take offense just because someone doesn't like the same comic book characters as you.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 06:24 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Exile

Disagreeing is not disrespecting. Calling me "elitist" and disrespectful, or likening me to cartoon characters, those are personal attacks. I don't really care about them nor do I find them hurtful, but I haven't leveled any at you. Just sayin.

You shouldn't take offense just because someone doesn't like the same comic book characters as you.

Perhaps it is just the wording in your posts. I have been in and out of the forums over the last couple of years(college really is a pain) and I have never really seen you pass your opinion of as just that, an opinion. Saying things like "they suck", "trashed" greater saga, comes off too harsh. I am sure there are other examples of a sense of "final" and "absolute" judgement floating on the forum somewhere. As for myself, I am not a Karen Traviss fan, but I don't go around berating her work whenever it is mentioned. I realize Star Wars includes things I am not really a fan of, and so I just respectfully decline and pass it off to the next person.

I might not particularly care for something but that doesn't mean it is "trashing" the Star Wars universe.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 06:47 AM
queeq
Chaos

Ordo is just disappointed in CW and expresses that. I agree with him, I think it's taking down the whole SW concept into mediocreness... The PT started that already.

The point is, there are a lot of fans who love SW and want to love everything Lucas gives them SW wise. And that is fine. But there are people who have issues with SW on very reasonable levels (drama, logic, sequence, characters, humour, intelligence, contradictions etc etc). And for some reason if you address the dramatic problems and the complete turn around of certain story aspects of SW like CW is doing often, then you're considered elitist or something...

So out of fanship, why can't people like Ordo just address the problems of these series? isn't that what the forum is about? Not jkust: if you like it,you adore it. If you don't like a part of it, walk away.

Silly.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 07:48 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
What throws me off is that "The balance is light side only" is an oxymoron. Something can not be "balanced" if there is only one component to it.

That's not an oxymoron, so long as you understand what is meant by 'Light Side'. Simply by saying 'Light Side' you automatically imply that all components within are balanced. The Dark Side is, basically, anything that would throw that balance off.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Feb 15th, 2011 at 08:31 AM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 08:16 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Dark Exile
I wish I had not seen this;
http://www.starwars.com/video/view/001225.html

I love both of these characters, maybe one more than the other, but still... For once, it would have been great to have had characters not been looked down upon by the "movie purists" and have the characters that you respect and love not be trashed for simply not being in the movies. They would have been as canon as everything else you see in The Clone Wars. Ahhh, so close...

I have never liked Bane... But we were so close to having Revan!

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 08:50 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Exile

Originally posted by queeq
Ordo is just disappointed in CW and expresses that. I agree with him, I think it's taking down the whole SW concept into mediocreness... The PT started that already.

The point is, there are a lot of fans who love SW and want to love everything Lucas gives them SW wise. And that is fine. But there are people who have issues with SW on very reasonable levels (drama, logic, sequence, characters, humour, intelligence, contradictions etc etc). And for some reason if you address the dramatic problems and the complete turn around of certain story aspects of SW like CW is doing often, then you're considered elitist or something...

So out of fanship, why can't people like Ordo just address the problems of these series? isn't that what the forum is about? Not jkust: if you like it,you adore it. If you don't like a part of it, walk away.

Silly.

No, by all means, express one's fanship. Just do not assume that because you don't care for something, others will dislike it as well. It is just a little disparaging to be very passionate about a section of Star Wars and be told that it is "trash." I myself find AOTC to already be a really low point in the lore, but I am not going to make fans of it feel bad about liking it.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 02:30 PM
queeq
Chaos

I am. evil face

Balance of the Force is considered by Lucas as HARMONY. Dark Side represents disharmony and there for has no place in a Force in balance.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2011 04:18 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yup. It's what everyone struggles with. Lucas is not using 'balance' in the sense of an intergalactic teeter-totter. It is as Queeq says above.

I just enjoy the series because it's fun to watch and it's more of something I already have enjoyment for.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2011 12:12 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

The Force is not a seesaw.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2011 03:15 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

It is to everyone who isn't Lucas (or a minon). smile

Old Post Feb 16th, 2011 03:28 PM
queeq
Chaos

Tsk tsk... now you're getting nasty.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2011 06:03 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Ghosts of Mortis was one of the worst episodes of the series. None of it made any sense. The assaults on canon were horrendous, the ending vapid and predictable, and the plot illogical and contrived. I dont even want to go through and list all the errors and inconsistancies.

But relevant to the conversation, as per the episode the "scales of good and evil" is a see-saw mechanism, not a Lucas non-mechanism. Lucas can blither whatever he wants in his senility. The evidence is to the contrary.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2011 07:41 PM
queeq
Chaos

Which was exactly the point... Why deviate from the 'balance=harmony' concept?

Old Post Feb 19th, 2011 02:03 PM
REXXXX
Networking

It is to everyone who isn't Lucas (or a minon). smile

Pretty much the only response to this is 'You are mistaken' when it comes to discussing this topic.

I agree Ghosts of Mortis was a weak conclusion. I liked Altar.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 03:10 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I hated the whole trilogy.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 11:15 AM
Darth Angel

Originally posted by queeq
I hated the whole trilogy.

Wise as always queeq

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 04:48 PM
Click here to Send Darth Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hehehe

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 07:40 PM