KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » X-Man vs The Flash

X-Man vs The Flash
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Uriel005

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
He did need abit of an amp to make it a fair fight. But yeah, once he could see him clearly, it was no contest.
Honestly I don't think he really needed the amp. It was more of when he needed to open up the throttle the speedforce provided.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 05:57 AM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Also there was an issue somewhere about the flash and flight I believe in the nova vs flash event. Wally proved flashes can fly when he was in that big race where Krakkl was stealing his speed for the whole race. IDR where it's from though. Just throwing that out there.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 06:31 AM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Impulse has done it too. It's well within their powerset.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 06:46 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Simbon

Uriel just nailed it right there. It's not the Flash you have to beat. It's the Speed Force. You have to more powerful than the Speed Force or have Zoom level time hax to beat him.

I see, so it's the speedsters are skyfather-level argument?

Xemnu Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 06:57 AM
Simbon is currently offline Click here to Send Simbon a Private Message Find more posts by Simbon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Check out the respect thread if you think we're exaggerating. Flash is seriously broken to fight against if you consider just how powerful he is.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 07:16 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Simbon

I've read the respect thread; and I think that a lot of people are dismissing the low-feats of speedsters to put them in a power-bracket they don't occupy in the comics. Zoom may be trans, but most of the speedsters are high herald. Galan, who is generally a reasonable and knowledgeable guy, suggested recently that a team consisting of Darkseid, Thanos, Henshaw, Sinestro, and I forget who else couldn't do anything to Wally West, which would put ol' Wally a bit above Odin, I'd say. Pure...gibbering...insanity.

Xemnu Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 08:03 AM
Simbon is currently offline Click here to Send Simbon a Private Message Find more posts by Simbon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sirius77

That doesn't really put him above Odin imo. I read that thread and what he was saying is that they probably wouldn't be able catch him for quite some time. That same insane reaction time combined with the ability to stop motion entirely on massive levels is what justifies this imo. It's not that he's more powerful, just that his powers can either prevent others from using theirs or just avoid them entirely.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 08:44 AM
Sirius77 is currently offline Click here to Send Sirius77 a Private Message Find more posts by Sirius77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sirius77

However, I'm not sure what Nate's new powers are defined as.... I thought they were just high tk and tp, but I was wrong apparently. I do think that will help him in his fight with Wally though. I don't think that Wally is unbeatable, but I do think that he is very difficult to beat.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 08:56 AM
Sirius77 is currently offline Click here to Send Sirius77 a Private Message Find more posts by Sirius77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Originally posted by Uriel005
X-man can still intangible right??
yes, it's actually his default state apparently
Originally posted by SasuOna
Okay you said hes pure telepathic energy inferring that it would make him immune to the Flash which isn't true since hes still physically taking up space and anything with mass can be rearranged by the Flash.

So when I say speed blitz this is exactly whats going to happen.
SNG isnt really solid. he is pure psionic energy, but he made himself a body by creating a kind of pseudo-matter to interact with the physical world in a more conventional fashion (actually it's for the sake of us readers). however, this pseudo-matter is note really solid and apparently lacks mass. SNG is intangible at rest and flash aint punching or rearranging (which he wouldnt do with CIS on anyway) him. furthermore, rearranging him will acomplish nothing as he doesnt need the body he willed into existence at all. he has desintegrated his body and moved on (as pure psionic energy) to mindrape and take possession of norman osbourne. SNG simply transcends the physical world.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 12:25 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Originally posted by Blair Wind
IIRC, Magneto made all the earth psionics less powerful by permanately manipulating the earth's magnetic field - as in Marvel psionic energy is nothing more than part of the electromagnetic spectrum and runs via earth's field apparently.

This and Ironman being able to distort Moondragon's TP so all she heard was static are just some examples of how Psionic energy operates in Marvel.
I believe he did that by screwing with the functions in their brains. a lot of energy manipulators/blasters can interfere with psionic attacks, but that doesnt mean they are manipualting psionic energy, I think it's more like throwing lighting at a fireball. besides, there is the matter of power scale and only magneto comes close tot he level of ebergy manipualtiona x-mand and godcable have displayed IIRC cable manipualted the enrgy of 200 exploding nuclear warheads and released it outside the earth.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 12:29 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

He's getting choked by Ares. And that's......weird. I don't think that's Zoom's power though. I'm not really sure WHAT that is. blink
it was a ruse, he was playing ares. it's not zoom's power, it's somethign else entirely, but coupled with intangibility, teleportation, area of efrect attacks and precognition, it can counter the blitz capacity

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 12:35 PM
SasuOna

intangibility means something to the Flash now?

You would have to be as fast or faster then Wally to teleport away from him before he hits you.

AOE attacks? is that going to happen before or after Wally has already killed Nate?

Precog is only good if you have the reactions to keep up with what you know. For example you know the flash is going to hit you at 10 oclock tommorow but you can't do anything about it because your not fast enough to avoid him anyway.

Now imagine Nate knows hes going to hit him in the next microsecond he would still have to have reactions comparable to the Flash to avoid something like that.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 02:15 PM
SasuOna is currently offline Click here to Send SasuOna a Private Message Find more posts by SasuOna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

You would have to be as fast or faster then Wally to teleport away from him before he hits you.

AOE attacks? is that going to happen before or after Wally has already killed Nate?

Precog is only good if you have the reactions to keep up with what you know. For example you know the flash is going to hit you at 10 oclock tommorow but you can't do anything about it because your not fast enough to avoid him anyway.

Now imagine Nate knows hes going to hit him in the next microsecond he would still have to have reactions comparable to the Flash to avoid something like that.
really? how would flash touch him exactly?. even if his body was destroyed, it would mean squat to him, he'd just TK crush or mindrape flash afterwards.

before. Flash is uncapable fo killing SNG btw.

lulz

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 02:39 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Nate phased through Moonstone, Daken, and Bulleye’s attack all at once. Physical attacks won’t do, Wally needs to pull out some metaphysical ones that can effect an astral body….that’s if he has any.

Wally needs to drop a beat on him. The right kind of beat. Otherwise if Nate aint listening, he will crush his head in. Wally has nowhere to run, Nate can unleash telepathic attack on a global scale.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 03:40 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Originally posted by "Id"
Nate phased through Moonstone, Daken, and Bulleye’s attack all at once. Physical attacks won’t do, Wally needs to pull out some metaphysical ones that can effect an astral body….that’s if he has any.
speedsteal might. Vibrating to disperse his energy is another conceivable avenue of attack. But I'm skeptical of both, specially the latter.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 03:50 PM
Deadline

Originally posted by 753
it was a ruse, he was playing ares. it's not zoom's power, it's somethign else entirely, but coupled with intangibility, teleportation, area of efrect attacks and precognition, it can counter the blitz capacity

Not just that but he sees time differently, so Flash won't be able to speedblitz him anyway. Thats how Grandmaster could see Runner and Makkari vibrating at high speeds.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 04:27 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by Uriel005
Also there was an issue somewhere about the flash and flight I believe in the nova vs flash event. Wally proved flashes can fly when he was in that big race where Krakkl was stealing his speed for the whole race. IDR where it's from though. Just throwing that out there.

WTH?
ure telling me now Flash's can fly with significant speed?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 05:47 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

lol he did do it actually.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 05:48 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
WTH?
ure telling me now Flash's can fly with significant speed?
they run through air and even space

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 05:48 AM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
lol he did do it actually.

ive seen those scans... why mention flashs can fly as if it can be used as a significant advantage in a fight especially against those who can fly at incredible speeds... this is directed to the previous posters btw like Trickster... sigh

Originally posted by 753
they run through air and even space

stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 14th, 2011 05:52 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote