KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » inimalist's Tournament

inimalist's Tournament
Started by: inimalist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

BTW, what the hell is with Cable being "undrafted" - he was in at least 2-3 tourneys from what I remember. As for "particular issue not being specified in previous drafts" - that's a Mount Everest-sized loophole...

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Last edited by Charlotte DeBel on May 20th, 2011 at 05:17 PM

Old Post May 20th, 2011 05:12 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
BTW, what the hell is with Cable being "undrafted" - he was in at least 2-3 tourneys from what I remember. As for "particular issue not being specified in previous drafts" - that's a Mount Everest-sized loophole...

the rule is, characters are drafted labeled as "unused" and through the drafting process this is tested.

I'm not checking this personally, and actually relying on you guys to have better knowledge about this collectively than even my sleuth abilities could produce. Please take it to the drafts thread if you think there is a problem, and specifically, if you can find the tournament he was previously drafted in, link that.

EDIT: and no, it doesn't matter on issue runs, cable is cable is cable, so long as it is all 616. An alternate reality version of cable would be an "unused" character

Old Post May 20th, 2011 05:29 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

OK. 5 secs.

RIP Fluffy

Old Post May 20th, 2011 05:34 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

I'm going to be offline for the most part of this weekend, so...when will be Rd2 and Rd3 of the drafts?

RIP Fluffy

Old Post May 21st, 2011 11:08 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
so...when will be Rd2 and Rd3 of the drafts?

Old Post May 24th, 2011 05:12 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by psycho gundam

this weekend, and they will probably go quicker, as I will be more around to look after issues as they come up

Old Post May 24th, 2011 01:38 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Obviously I didn't make it to the rules, and now drafts have started. My life kinda exploded into pieces this last week, so it's been tough just getting on (in a good way though). I'm sure you're fine.

thumb up

Old Post May 24th, 2011 04:26 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

looking back, I think mind control might be the only really problematic thing that snuck through without me going it much thought, but I'm not against it at herald level (every herald has high psi resistance it seems). People I'm sure will think of something I didn't, but there will never be a perfect rule set, and this has dragged on enough as is. I'm happy that drafting is underway, and if we can replace xemnu fast, I'll probably get drafts going tomorrow or Thursday smile

Old Post May 24th, 2011 05:10 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

So this tourney is 3 character: amalgam or no amalgam?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 26th, 2011 05:03 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

no amalgam unless you can find a way to do so through the character's powers, but such an amalgam would be subject to the limits of any one character, meaning you couldn't amalgamate 2 characters under the limit into one that is over the limit

Old Post May 26th, 2011 02:33 PM
tsilamini

FYI gents and ladies, round 3 is open, but I'm not going to post until the last participant gives me their first 2 drafts. If it goes longer than 48 hours, I will start introducing draft penalties and will start the third round

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 11:35 PM
Simbon

I just noticed that only one prep post is allowed -- but given the variable prep times, and the fact that many of us are using less well-known characters that may require more scans to prove that they can do what they can do, this seems a little harsh. Could there possibly be additional prep-posts (maybe tied to actual prep-time), or a provision that would allow us to post-scans separately? I ask because (and I suspect I won't be alone in this), there are a lot of things I want to do in prep that could be summarized as "A uses the X" or "B does Y," where using X or doing Y are actions that would only take moments, but which could take as many as 3-6 scans to explain/provide evidence -- effectively negating much of my team's actual prep-time. Thoughts?

Xemnu Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 03:32 AM
Simbon is currently offline Click here to Send Simbon a Private Message Find more posts by Simbon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

There is usually one prep, this is why you need detail explanation regarding your prep and attack strat. There is no word limit and scans in those initial post.. heck we dont need to worry aboout post limit in this tourney..

My Artwork

Last edited by Ambient on Jun 2nd, 2011 at 05:15 AM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 05:07 AM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Simbon

Originally posted by Ambient
There is usually one prep, this is why you need detail explanation regarding your prep and attack strat. There is no word limit and scans in those initial post.. heck we dont need to worry aboout post limit in this tourney..

OK, thanks! Haven't done one of these before and I misunderstood. I thought that it meant we had to keep everything down to the character-limit of a single PM.

Xemnu Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 05:30 AM
Simbon is currently offline Click here to Send Simbon a Private Message Find more posts by Simbon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

U'r welcome.. U can do that if u want, give ur self some challenge.. ; )

My Artwork

Last edited by Ambient on Jun 2nd, 2011 at 05:37 AM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 05:34 AM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

still taking drafts for round 3, all participants have given me their round 1 & 2s, so I'll put that all up tonight. Sorry for the delay, lol! this will get started asap though!

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2011 08:20 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

i sent mine..right?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2011 02:05 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

yes

Old Post Jun 4th, 2011 02:15 AM
Smurph
------

Multiple Man was used in Delph's first tourney. Delph hosted the matches on his own forum, but the tournament was run through here with draft and all discussion threads in KMC's Comic Vs Forum. KMC members also made up the entire roster, so it was really as much a KMC tournament as any other.

So... yeah.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2011 02:37 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

ah, I see...

is there a link?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2011 02:45 AM