KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor and Superman vs Entire Low Meta Tier

Thor and Superman vs Entire Low Meta Tier
Started by: Omega Vision

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
You really haven't paid much attention to DBZ fights. When you have people shedding islands during their fights... creating shockwaves that's visible to the necked eye and that is covering the entire planet and then you have 2 people fighting that is basically shaking the planet... creating large level earth quakes and these feats are from the weaker versions of DBZ characters, then its pretty much safe to say that they are pretty high up there strength wise.

Durability... no character known to man or comics has ever withstood or went through a beating like Goku has, let alone Frieza.

I don't believe in the handbook things. I would give Superman the edge over Krillin any day of the weak but Goku...

When has either of them ever resisted having their bodies taken over?

Shockwaves from their chi/auras, while impressive, doesn't mean they are physically in Superman's league. Breaking mountain ranges and causing earthquakes and sinking islands to sheer physical strength isn't something which is beyond Superman, either. It's their chi/spiritual energy which makes them even contenders. Using sliding ABC logic, which DBZ is known for, still doesn't really help their case when later in the Buu sagas, in the physical sense, they don't display anything beyond Superman.

....Yeah, Carver, people in comics have experienced worse than that. lol

Superman's prevented Jericho trying to take his body and Thor was flat out immune to the Space Phantom's attempt way back in Avengers #2, which had been referenced and re-referenced through out the years. To say nothing of Mjolnir's ability to migrate/dispel souls...

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 08:21 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Shockwaves from their chi/auras, while impressive, doesn't mean they are physically in Superman's league. Breaking mountain ranges and causing earthquakes and sinking islands to sheer physical strength isn't something which is beyond Superman, either. It's their chi/spiritual energy which makes them even contenders. Using sliding ABC logic, which DBZ is known for, still doesn't really help their case when later in the Buu sagas, in the physical sense, they don't display anything beyond Superman.

....Yeah, Carver, people in comics have experienced worse than that. lol

Superman's prevented Jericho trying to take his body and Thor was flat out immune to the Space Phantom's attempt way back in Avengers #2, which had been referenced and re-referenced through out the years. To say nothing of Mjolnir's ability to migrate/dispel souls...

You can't always say everything is KI.

Frieza created the shockwaves while punching Goku. He punched... shockwaves from his punch were leveling the planet. He punched again... same thing happened. There was no KI involved. When a DBZ character powers up and reach that fail safe limit... KI has nothing to do with the destruction involved... its there physical power that is doing it. You would have an argument if you actually see KI emitting from them destroying the surrounding but when you have 2 people fighting... throwing their fist and causing destruction... that explains itself. The planet shaking happened during Goku and Cell fight when they were going all out. I never said that Superman couldn't destroy mountains but its pretty much rare or close to impossible to find a character causing anything close to the amount of collateral damage a dbz fighter has shown in a fist fight. I wish you were debating during the time they made the Frieza vs Thanos thread... I posted all of these feats there.

You have an argument there with Jericho... but Ogun can slow them down with his attempt long enough for the team to attack and again... you have Blink sitting on the side lines teleporting things in their bodies.

Ill talk to you all tomorrow.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Last edited by carver9 on Apr 22nd, 2011 at 08:33 AM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 08:31 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by marwash22
Ghost Rider is mid-Meta? no expression

And Blue Beetle? Wonder Girl? Ms. Marvel?

There's been a lot of upgrades since the chart was made (though... I can't think of when GR would be that low even if it was using an old one...).

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 10:40 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keiththegreat

Superman by himself has fought more impressive teams than these.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 12:23 PM
keiththegreat is currently offline Click here to Send keiththegreat a Private Message Find more posts by keiththegreat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Action Comics #763 page 22.

I'll look when i get the chance.

--

Also, guys, no more DBZ stuff please.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 05:01 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Scenario One Superman and Thor win.

Scenario Two way too many things to factor in... But I already see few of the members giving them problems. So they will probably lose Scenario Two.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 05:27 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Originally posted by shokosugi
Thor is not needed. Superman ends the fight in less than 3 sec. Via blitz

They stomp in 1 but lose in 2.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 05:28 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

While Thor struggles with Wolverine, Superman solos the rest of the tiers, then comes back and throws Wolverine in the sun.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 05:37 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

God damn it Carv...

Also I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but bfr is off.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 06:10 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

scenario 2 has too many variables. they may or may not be able to win--they may actually get wrecked if everyone in scenario 2 works together. but if not they could probably pull it off. team is too big to really make a single call on it. it could play out a 1000 ways.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 06:12 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by leonidas
scenario 2 has too many variables. they may or may not be able to win--they may actually get wrecked if everyone in scenario 2 works together. but if not they could probably pull it off. team is too big to really make a single call on it. it could play out a 1000 ways.

It's why I think it's a good thread idea, you can make a decent argument either way.

I personally think that in a comic the duo would get beaten...eventually after taking down the fodder (because that's how all big one-or-two-guys-against-an-army fights go in comics) but in a forum fight I see their raw power being too much for most of the metas, and the ones that can stand up to them in any real capacity will be outmatched when it comes down to the line.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 06:17 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

except the gr's

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 06:24 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by Sin I AM
except the gr's

I don't see the Penance Stare doing much to a guy like Superman.

Can't speak for Thor.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 06:26 PM
Hyperion Prime

Originally posted by Mindset
Blade is black, though.

He has soul, and he's superbad.

thumb up

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 07:07 PM
Hyperion Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Hyperion Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Hyperion Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Re: Thor and Superman vs Entire Low Meta Tier

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Scenario One: Just Low Meta Tier

Scenario Two: Low+Mid

Thor and Superman are bloodlusted and using powers to full capacity.

Low:
3-D Man, Ambrose Chase, Angel, Arachne, Arana, Azrael, Beast, Black Canary, Black Tarantula, Blade, Blue Beetle (Dan Garrett), Bruenor Battlehammer, Century, Charcoal, Charlie 27, Constrictor, Creeper, Cyber, Dagger, Deathlok, Deathstroke the Terminator, Doc Ock, Drizzt Do'Urden, Elixer, Falcon, Firehawk, Gambit, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Iron Fist, Jakita Wagner, K', Karnak, Kid Devil, Killer Croc, Klaw, Lady Deathstrike, Longshot, Luke Cage, Machine Man, Man-Bat, Mercury, Midnighter, Mister Hyde, Molly Hayes, Multiple Man, Mysterio, Mystique, Nightcrawler, Nova Richard Rider (classic), Nuke, Omega Red, Orka Humbug, Prometheus, Protocide, Puck, Puma, Rage, Ryu Hayabusa, Sabretooth, Shang Chi, Silver Samurai, Speedball, Speedfreek, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2099, Spider-Woman, Swift, Thunder Cats, Tombstone, Triathalon, Vance Astro, Vanguard, Venom, Vermin, Victor Mancha, Vulture, Warlock (Technarchy/Phalanx), Warpath, Wizard, Wolverine, Wulfgar

Let see, Low-Metas who actually matter: Ambrose Chase, Black Canary, Kid Devil (due to magic)... wait, what the heck is *Firehawk* doing there? She matters plenty, she's no Low Meta. Omega Red. Molly Hayes (only class 100 person here smile ).

Hm, Klaw's in there too... ? Canary, yell at Klaw, pump him up...

Ok, still not enough, but there are some people in there who are in no way Low Meta.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 07:14 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Thor and Supes crush them in both senario's...

Both stay in the air, Thor whips up a massive storm and continuously rains lighting down on the teams (most here wouldnt be able to stand up to the winds alone), and Supes goes on a speedblitzing rampage one-shotting most of them with either heat vision or his fists...

As a result, all except a select few (Ghost Rider, Cloak, Klaw, and maybe Omega Red) are killed within the 1st 30 seconds of the fight; Thor and Supes then combine to destroy the survivors in short order after the initial mass killings....

A bloodlusted Thor and Supes are too much for these guys; they'd never get a chance to get organized enough to beat these two...

Thor and Supes 10/10...

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 10:20 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Philosophía
While Thor struggles with Wolverine, Superman solos the rest of the tiers, then comes back and throws Wolverine in the sun.
laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 10:21 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Also, since Supes and Thor are bloodlusted, does this mean Thor is in Warriors Madness!?

If so, this goes from Thor and Supes winning 10/10 into pure spite; 99% of the low and mid meta's are going to be one shotted by either Thor or Supes...

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 10:28 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Superman flies out of orbit. From there he heatvisions the shit out of everyone. While Thor does one of his mighty hurricane speeches.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Apr 22nd, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2011 10:47 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote