KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » The All Versus Forum

Do you want an All Versus Forum?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, I want an All Versus Forum! 49 81.67%
No, I do not want an All Versus Forum. 11 18.33%
Total: 60 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The All Versus Forum
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MF DELPH
For it, and I'll help mod it if necessary. thumb up
you wasted no time trying to reclaim your powers.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 07:30 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by marwash22
the biggest reason would be because there is a demand for it and it would also broaden our pool of characters. I personally vote yes because it would open up the possibility for more interesting threads 'cause we would be able to use tv show characters. Characters from television shows have a ton more to draw from (feat-wise) than movie characters due to having multiple seasons/episodes.

The mixed genre threads in the CvF were (in large) successfull and really only stumbled and halted because we needed everyone to agree on matches to get a thread started.
As long as it is well managed. It would be a good idea, and I'm not sure why it hasn't been done sooner. Either way I'm all for it.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 08:11 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The AVF rules would have to be METICULOUSLY written and reviewed. Given the right rules, it would work out splendidly, I believe.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 08:17 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

If this happens, I'll pit the Painkiller from the Judas Priest song of the same name against random Meta level characters. Will be fun. Song gives him good feats.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 08:34 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Things are gonna get messy.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 08:36 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Nah. It'll be a'ight. With the right rules and right mod(s), it should flow like buttah.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 08:46 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

So...

Harry Potter vs Edward Cullen.

Both are originally book characters and as far as I know there is no BVF. So would that be allowed here?

If it were Harry Potter(Movies) vs Edward Cullen(Book) I'd imagine that would be perfect here.

But if it's Harry Potter(Movies) vs Edward Cullen(Movies) it really wouldn't be put here but in the MVF right?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 08:52 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 08:55 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

That sounds fair. If a thread can be made in another forum then it should be. Very sensible and fair. Except for the fact that Cullen would smack the british out of Harry that is.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 08:57 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Impediment
The AVF rules would have to be METICULOUSLY written and reviewed. Given the right rules, it would work out splendidly, I believe.

"Father, forgive them, they know not what they do." -Jesus circa 32 AD

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 09:02 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by Nephthys
That sounds fair. If a thread can be made in another forum then it should be. Very sensible and fair. Except for the fact that Cullen would smack the british out of Harry that is.

It will also keep things nice and clean here so that it's not too packed. stick out tongue

Though, this will require strict rules on an OP. Characters in multiple mediums would need specifics. Are we using Superman from the comics, cartoon, movies, N64 games?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 09:03 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Impediment

i agree, it can work great especially if we all work hard and make it thrive..

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Things are gonna get messy.

will only happen if we all let a bunch of shiite involved instead of adhering to the rules and regs

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
It will also keep things nice and clean here so that it's not too packed. stick out tongue

Though, this will require strict rules on an OP. Characters in multiple mediums would need specifics. Are we using Superman from the comics, cartoon, movies, N64 games?

i think once the thread starter specifies what can be used than i think the OP should be ok

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Last edited by BruceSkywalker on Jul 1st, 2011 at 09:29 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 09:27 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Can already imagine all the spite threads that will come from such a forum, but judging from the results, I guess it'll come to pass anyway. Very well then, this should be interesting...

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 09:40 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Can we also use characters from certain web series like Red vs. Blue? Characters like the Meta and Tex would be interesting to add in fights. Seriously. Just look at this:

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jul 1st, 2011 at 09:48 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 09:42 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I know characters from Homestuck or Problem Slueth would be interesting to use in a fight. So I'm cool with Web comics/series characters personally.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 09:56 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Well they are movie and comic characters technically. And it would be easier to show feats for them than others I'd suppose. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 10:08 PM
Impediment
Endless

The ayes have it!

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 10:55 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Well they are movie and comic characters technically. And it would be easier to show feats for them than others I'd suppose. stick out tongue

i have like a gazillion comic book scans i can use as evidence big grin

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 11:16 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Face facts: Spite threads are unavoidable.

Mods will stop them.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 01:18 AM
quanchi112
Disney

This is a great idea. With my full support this should become a reality in no time.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 04:04 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote