KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » The All Versus Forum

Do you want an All Versus Forum?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, I want an All Versus Forum! 49 81.67%
No, I do not want an All Versus Forum. 11 18.33%
Total: 60 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The All Versus Forum
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Face facts: Spite threads are unavoidable.

Mods will stop them.
And when the thread starter says "Nah, it's a joke thread?"

Cuz that's never happened roll eyes (sarcastic)

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 04:55 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gonna be a problem with game characters. Take CJ from GTA: San Andreas. Does he get all his gear? Jetpack, planes and all? Is fighting a Jawsesque shark one of his feats?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 05:38 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

How is that a problem if we've done a thousand CJ from San Adreas threads in the games vs. over the past 5 years with absolutely zero problems?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 06:20 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

So it's CJ, the final version, maxed out, with all weapons/gear he is shown using?

K then. The samurai from Onimusha are gonna do a whole lotta rapin'.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 06:54 AM
dadudemon

Part of the rules will be specifying specific gear, venue, and "version" of the character.

That's pretty much par for the course in all versus threads on all of the interwebz.

There's absolute zero problem in trying to make a matchup.

For some rediculously geared individuals...say...comic book Ironman fighting a rediculously versitle character...say...Albus Dumbledore...

Just specify the venue and let people come up with stuff. It if turns out to be spite, just like in any other vs. thread, the thread starter can request it be closed OR a mod can come in and make that decision.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 08:52 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by dadudemon
Part of the rules will be specifying specific gear, venue, and "version" of the character.

That's pretty much par for the course in all versus threads on all of the interwebz.

There's absolute zero problem in trying to make a matchup.

For some rediculously geared individuals...say...comic book Ironman fighting a rediculously versitle character...say...Albus Dumbledore...

Just specify the venue and let people come up with stuff. It if turns out to be spite, just like in any other vs. thread, the thread starter can request it be closed OR a mod can come in and make that decision.

This.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 05:27 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McNasty996

I fully support this for multiple reasons but a main one is the lack of originality that has begun to appear across the forum as alot of matches have been redone at least once and there is a great pool of other characters from t series that could be used to great affect.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 07:01 PM
McNasty996 is currently offline Click here to Send McNasty996 a Private Message Find more posts by McNasty996 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I just don't understand why Rogue Jedi is alluva sudden anti-AVF when he has been campaigning for years for the very idea I am promoting now.

This will definitely pick up traffic and draw new members to the board.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 07:28 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by MF DELPH
For it, and I'll help mod it if necessary. thumb up

What sections did you mod? Why aren't you a mod now?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 07:29 PM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Gonna be a problem with game characters. Take CJ from GTA: San Andreas. Does he get all his gear? Jetpack, planes and all? Is fighting a Jawsesque shark one of his feats?

No it won't. When it comes to things like that, generally it's stated in the first post of the thread exactly what is allowed and what isn't. If it isn't stated, it's not allowed.

We also have an additional rule in the VGVs; as far as the forum is concerned, only game feats are considered canon, and if feats from another source (like a movie or book or comic, if such things exist) are to be allowed, it also has to be stated. And then to take care of the fact that there are certain characters that are essentially invincible, we have a rule stating that for those characters to be used, they must lose that unbeatable element. The characters allowed in that forum cover such a wide and wild amount of variety, that we've made sure to try and cover as much as possible to prevent issues coming up.

Those rules work pretty damn well and have for years, and I believe that the MVF and Anime Versus rules are based off of the VGVs rules.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 07:29 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I think this should be made reality.

Why?

Well, largely because I said so.

But fact of the matter is that people are more limited in creating threads in the various medium-related subforums, what this presents is an opportunity for new match-ups us nerds can argue and flame eachother about (That last part is a joke).

So yes, All Versus Forum ftw.

Also, RJ, we have never had problems with characters such as CJ before.

And there are far stronger characters in gaming than the Onimusha characters.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 07:30 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I pretty much ripped off Peach's VGV rules and ad libbed them since I'm too lazy to write my own.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 07:32 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NemeBro

And there are far stronger characters in gaming than the Onimusha characters.
Nuh uh mad

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 07:46 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

So where is this forum going to go?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 07:48 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Hopefully in it's own section.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 07:50 PM
Bardock42

When did everyone change their opinion on this? I thought most of the Mods were against it?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 09:49 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oddly enough, when I was pushing for it, no one cared. Now that someone else is pushing for it, it's like the best thing ever.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 09:58 PM
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Bardock42
When did everyone change their opinion on this? I thought most of the Mods were against it?

The rest of the mod team was/is against an all versus forum due to nobody wanting to mod the thing. That, and people didn't know how smoothly the overall pace of the forum would flow. I feel that this proposed forum will attract new members and breath some much needed life back into the board. With the right set of rules, and person(s) to lead it, I feel that it could become a thriving place.

Oddly enough, when I was pushing for it, no one cared. Now that someone else is pushing for it, it's like the best thing ever.

It's all about presentation.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 10:16 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I'm pretty damn sure it was your comment on the MV-OT thread that jumpstarted this, and even if not, be happy that it's happening

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 10:20 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Impediment

It's all about presentation.
Yeah, no comment. We both know better.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2011 10:27 PM