KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Super Smash Bros. Wii U

Super Smash Bros. Wii U
Started by: Bro SMASH

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MadMel
Mario Kart wii had no lag as far as I'm aware. And I was playing against people from everywhere - Every continent but Antarctica stick out tongue
Maybe they felt it but I didn't. That would explain why I was playing so well. XD

That's how some programmers/hosters design their games. The "farthest" from the host server gets primary input and all the others have to wait for that input (this is a gross exaggeration of what actually happens). That works for game that are not ...well...reaction based. Puzzle games work quite well like that. Not racing or FPS games.

Originally posted by MadMel
Regional servers would be a godsend. Imagine how much easier it would be to establish tourneys and stuff. big grin

I wish...so bad...that everyone would do that.

That's how WoW and Starcraft2 are run. Hooray for Blizzard.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2012 05:56 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Anybody think Banjo got a chance to appear in the 3DS version?

Even though Rare is owned by Microsoft, they still made two Banjo & Kazooie games on the handheld. I sure wouldn't mind it, he would fit perfectly and I was a bit surprised that he wasn't in the first and second games. I hope Rare wouldn't mind it.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Jan 20th, 2012 06:41 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
astarisborn94

Smash 4 is really the only game I anticipate at the moment. After this one, I'm probably going to either quit gaming or go retro, since I find movies more interesting nowadays. I'm not really going to be active in Smash 4 discussion for awhile since I feel absolutely burnt out.
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Anybody think Banjo got a chance to appear in the 3DS version?

Even though Rare is owned by Microsoft, they still made two Banjo & Kazooie games on the handheld. I sure wouldn't mind it, he would fit perfectly and I was a bit surprised that he wasn't in the first and second games. I hope Rare wouldn't mind it.
I did hear that Rare was interested in developing for the 3DS version. So perhaps so, although it is a slim shot.

I do have a roster which I think would be good for Smash 4 that I want to share (not intended as a prediction):

Everyone from Brawl plus these:

+ Toad
+ King K. Rool
+ Dixie Kong
+ Ridley
+ Krystal
+ Mewtwo
+ Samurai Goroh
+ Roy
+ Takamaru
+ Palutena
+ Medusa
+ Little Mac
+ Isaac
+ Mega Man

49 slots, 53 including transformation. There are other characters I would like to see in this game, but these are IMO, the best choices for Smash 4.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2012 07:25 PM
astarisborn94 is currently offline Click here to Send astarisborn94 a Private Message Find more posts by astarisborn94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cyner
Too little too late

If smash 4 is just like brawl i'm gonna flip a table in rage. In fact i'm mad right now just thinking about it.

Not being able to use my GC controller for smash? More rage... They better re release the GC controller without the rumble and call it the "Smash" controller or some shit.

I'll probably have to... Go back to melee! Again.

Characters I want

Ridley
Megaman X
Link - but without being garbage tier, terrible character status.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2012 07:41 PM
Cyner is currently offline Click here to Send Cyner a Private Message Find more posts by Cyner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I demand commander shepard as a character.

No, I don't give a shit about him not being a nintendo character.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 18th, 2012 09:01 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

lol.

Although I must admit it would be cool...

On a different note, Ridley was a glaring admission in Brawl. I hope he will be in this.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2012 09:08 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by ares834
lol.

On a different note, Ridley was a glaring admission in Brawl. I hope he will be in this.

I think you meant "omission" but I can't be sure.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2012 06:25 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Yeah... Probably had the word addition floating around in my head when I typed that up.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2012 07:18 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I just want it to play like melee. For the love of god, let it play like melee.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2012 02:04 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kosmic King

Originally posted by astarisborn94
Smash 4 is really the only game I anticipate at the moment. After this one, I'm probably going to either quit gaming or go retro, since I find movies more interesting nowadays. I'm not really going to be active in Smash 4 discussion for awhile since I feel absolutely burnt out. I did hear that Rare was interested in developing for the 3DS version. So perhaps so, although it is a slim shot.

I do have a roster which I think would be good for Smash 4 that I want to share (not intended as a prediction):

Everyone from Brawl plus these:

+ Toad
+ King K. Rool
+ Dixie Kong
+ Ridley
+ Krystal
+ Mewtwo
+ Samurai Goroh
+ Roy
+ Takamaru
+ Palutena
+ Medusa
+ Little Mac
+ Isaac
+ Mega Man

49 slots, 53 including transformation. There are other characters I would like to see in this game, but these are IMO, the best choices for Smash 4.

Always King K. Rool. Come on, Kaptin K. Rool is way cooler.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2012 07:49 AM
Kosmic King is currently offline Click here to Send Kosmic King a Private Message Find more posts by Kosmic King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Cyner
If smash 4 is just like brawl i'm gonna flip a table in rage. In fact i'm mad right now just thinking about it.

Not being able to use my GC controller for smash? More rage... They better re release the GC controller without the rumble and call it the "Smash" controller or some shit.

I'll probably have to... Go back to melee! Again.

Characters I want

Ridley
Megaman X
Link - but without being garbage tier, terrible character status.

Pretty much summed up my thoughts on the game right there, though I'd also want Mewtwo to come back with a mostly new & improved moveset/stats, and for the same to happen to Ganondorf as what you said for Link, but it's probably unlikely at this point that they'll ever make him feel completely unlike a slower Captain Falcon (and you criticized Soul Calibur for having clones, Bro SMASH? ).

And so it begins...

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/masahiro...k-on-smash-bros

"Sakurai tweeted recently that he has been looking through the official website for Smash Bros. Brawl as part of his research for the new game."

^ Not sure that's a good sign. You'd think he'd have a more complete source of information. Just hope he skips over the tripping portion of his site. If it's too much like Brawl in gameplay and whatnot, then this will be a difficult sell for me. Guess it then comes down to whether or not the online is actually good this time around...

In the meantime, I personally don't want something like another Dojo that spoils or hypes too much about the game before release, and instead for the game to be released with minimal information, compared to what Brawl got. I want to be more surprised about the game when actually playing it, ya know? Though another roster leak or some crap will prolly happen again anyway at some point... Meh.

We shall see if history repeats itself, whether it comes to the massive spoilers, or IMO, the game not being as good as Melee, resulting in people like you and me going back to it again.

Originally posted by ares834
lol.

Only if they were to make him play similar to the way he fought in Other M in terms of speed and attacks, but I guess anything's better than the treatment he got in Brawl's SSE.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 04:33 AM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2012 04:31 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Pretty much summed up my thoughts on the game right there, though I'd also want Mewtwo to come back with a mostly new & improved moveset/stats, and for the same to happen to Ganondorf as what you said for Link, but it's probably unlikely at this point that they'll ever make him feel completely unlike a slower Captain Falcon (and you criticized Soul Calibur for having clones, Bro SMASH? ).

Who said I was okay with Gannondorf being a Captain Falcon clone? It was never something I was okay with since Ganondorf already had his own abilities from the Zelda games.

You for some reason seem bothered by having clones in this game, even though it looked like you were okay with them in SC. huh

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
In the meantime, I personally don't want something like another Dojo that spoils or hypes too much about the game before release, and instead for the game to be released with minimal information, compared to what Brawl got. I want to be more surprised about the game when actually playing it, ya know? Though another roster leak or some crap will prolly happen again anyway at some point... Meh.

Or you could just not go to the website.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Last edited by Bro SMASH on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 05:57 AM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2012 05:52 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Who said I was okay with Gannondorf being a Captain Falcon clone? It was never something I was okay with since Ganondorf already had his own abilities from the Zelda games.

You for some reason seem bothered by having clones in this game, even though it looked like you were okay with them in SC. huh

I was only okay with clones being present with created customized characters in SC, because it made sense for balancing reasons, but I was not okay with the daughters or whatever that were just clones of characters from previous games. No siree. It's all forgivable though compared to ****ing Ganondorf of all characters still being a clone.

There was sheer laziness and/or time constraints when it came to characters like Toon Link, Ganondorf, Falco, Wolf, and Lucas in the last game. Especially when they could give a character like Capt Falcon, who was never outside of his racer an entire unique moveset, and a move that's so damn famous it became a meme. Ganon should've been even easier to make an original moveset for, with that said.

Or you could just not go to the website.

Doesn't stop me from knowing about the site updates because of people talking about them all over the internet.

Not having another site like the Smash Dojo would make the speculators not end up as disappointed as they were with Brawl in the end, too. The biggest problem with the Brawl Dojo was it left most people thinking there was going to be a whole lot of substance where there was basically none (Subspace Emissary). I'd like for most of the characters to be a surprise for me this time when I play the game (like with Melee), but know that's not going to happen sadly. Internet leaks/spoils everything nowadays.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2012 06:49 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

...except that Smash Dojo helped sell games, which is what they want. They're not going to avoid advertising that makes their game look better than it actually is.

Anyways, I liked the Smash Dojo, and, for all the complaining, Brawl is my favorite installment in the series. I'm not a big online gamer though, and Brawl offered a wider experience for me and my friends to play (whether competitively or for shiggles). Hearing that a new game is announced sounds awesome to my ears, and speculating about the upcoming roster is one of the best parts.

Just my opinion though.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 03:27 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Existere
...except that Smash Dojo helped sell games, which is what they want. They're not going to avoid advertising that makes their game look better than it actually is.

Shameless old way of getting something to sell far more than it really deserves to erm, but yeah. I know they're most likely gonna have such a site again (or reuse the old one) because of that. Just not a fan of the kind of advertising practice that makes even mediocrity or something with minimal new content or effort put in sell very well. I'm sure plenty of those who loved Melee and its gameplay all around and were hyped all the way for Brawl (even after the leak) experienced one of the worst cases of buyer's remorse after getting it, with that said, especially the poor fools who got a Wii just to have the latest Smash at their disposal. Brawl's tripping, much slower pace of movement & jumping, etc. took a shit all over what most loved about Melee. That's something a sequel should never do, but I guess it was to be expected since Sakurai is against and rages over people playing his shit competitively or at tournaments.

Anyways, I liked the Smash Dojo, and, for all the complaining, Brawl is my favorite installment in the series. I'm not a big online gamer though, and Brawl offered a wider experience for me and my friends to play (whether competitively or for shiggles).

Since you're not much of an online gamer, how did Brawl offer a wider experience, let alone competitively? Aside from online, I found it to have hardly anything that could hold a candle to Melee, aside from maybe the more diverse soundtrack. The stage maker you couldn't even use online, things like the adventure mode and event matches were far less fun, memorable, and replayable than Melee's, etc.

Hearing that a new game is announced sounds awesome to my ears, and speculating about the upcoming roster is one of the best parts.

Just my opinion though.

I used to think that too about speculation, but if speculating the possibilities ends up being more fun than the final product itself is (as was the case for me with Brawl and such), then **** speculating. It just sets yourself up for disappointment more often than not.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 03:53 AM
Bro SMASH

Apparently, Namco will be developing this game:

http://kotaku.com/5920428/just-how-...-lot-apparently

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2012 06:00 AM
Cyner
Too little too late

Apparently, Namco will be developing this game:

http://kotaku.com/5920428/just-how-...-lot-apparently

Those comments

people on kotaku really are the worst

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2012 11:58 AM
Cyner is currently offline Click here to Send Cyner a Private Message Find more posts by Cyner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2012 12:33 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

quote:
It made one Japanese gamer so concerned that he tweeted Sakurai, calling Namco Bandai "incompetent" and asked Sakurai not to have the game maker develop the upcoming Smash Bros..

Sakurai's reply was curt and frank: "Knock off looking down on them with narrow-minded thinking."

The twitter user who initially sent Sakurai his tweet has since deleted his own account.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2012 09:19 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

quote:
Twitter-Seppuku

Howdy!

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2012 01:05 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote