KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » X-Men: First Class 2 (2014)

X-Men: First Class 2 (2014)
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I have to wonder how many of these returning "stars" are doing it purely for a pay-day and to get a little exposure. ****ing Singer.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 18th, 2013 05:45 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

All this hate for Bryan Singer is bizarre. We wouldn't have the blockbuster film franchise if it wasn't for his experts efforts in launching it. So he left X-Men 3 and crossed the street; he's back now.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 1st, 2013 09:03 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Superman Returns was garbage.

X-Men 1 was meh and 2 was "okay". Marsden brought nothing to the Cyclops role and Halle Berry brought nothing to the Storm role.

The last above average film Singer personally directed was Valkyrie, and before that was the usual suspects...13 years prior.

Not really sure why people would have faith in him to begin with.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2013 01:16 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Some of us don't want him back, tbh.

I actually felt like we'd turned a corner with Vaughn. Here we had a director that could balance the mutant angle and yet still make the movie exciting, something that I felt Singer didn't really achieve.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2013 05:56 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
All this hate for Bryan Singer is bizarre. We wouldn't have the blockbuster film franchise if it wasn't for his experts efforts in launching it.

Of course we would. X-Men was always a guaranteed hit.

But a lot of us feel if done right it would have been Spiderman big. Or at the very least Iron Man big.

X2 was good as a film. (Although as an X-Men/Cyclops fan it was really annoying just having Cyk captured early on.)

So maybe there is hope Singer can do a good sequel. That's what I'm hoping anyway. It will be completely unforgivable if he botches this up.

On the other hand this is his chance to redeem himself after the abysmal SR and superhero fans really having little to no faith in him anymore.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Apr 2nd, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2013 11:43 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by roughrider
All this hate for Bryan Singer is bizarre. We wouldn't have the blockbuster film franchise if it wasn't for his experts efforts in launching it. So he left X-Men 3 and crossed the street; he's back now.

He never captured the significant level of what us fans of the comic wanted in an X-men film in the first place.

He lacks the vision and imagination readers have witnessed in the comic medium.

For an example the 90's X-men animated series represented the lives of the X-men perfectly. Even though the animation and action scenes were sub-par.
The show was brave enough to force the audience to witness the lives and drama and power levels of these heroes and villains on an extreme level, and it worked.

The films downgraded the whole execution. And suffered as a result.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2013 05:38 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormlover

I have to say that I appreciated Singer's efforts in the first two films. When the first film came out I was around 8 years old and I loved his darker and more realistic interpretation of the film. It was something.. "different." That being said, I do believe that an X-Men film can be made of the caliber of Avengers or even DC's Batman resurgence. There are so many layers and plots and characters to play with. I wouldn't mind seeing another director step in to bring fresh vision to the series.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2013 05:07 PM
stormlover is currently offline Click here to Send stormlover a Private Message Find more posts by stormlover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 03:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Bishop? Cool. Would prefer Cable, but Bishop will do.

But hey who knows, the amount of people in this Cable might as well pop up as well.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 11:16 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Came across someone on the net complaining Bishop wasn't in that Days of Future Past story

than again they did use him for the X-Men TAS adaptation too.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 01:10 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Nah that's silly. Time travelling X-Men movie.. I'd be disappointed if neither Bishop or Cable were in it.

End of the day there won't be multiple X-Men time travel movies. Just the 1 most likely. So they can be a bit flexible.

My main worry is how big the cast is.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 09:16 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

When I saw that pic of Halle Berry I had flashbacks, man... sad

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 09:17 PM
Darth Thor

Haha That sounds like you slept with her or something!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 10:34 PM
Vensai

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Nah that's silly. Time travelling X-Men movie.. I'd be disappointed if neither Bishop or Cable were in it.

End of the day there won't be multiple X-Men time travel movies. Just the 1 most likely. So they can be a bit flexible.

My main worry is how big the cast is.

Yeah, the best stories don't have too many characters to manage or Focus on one specific one.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 06:10 AM
Vensai is currently offline Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Oh ****, he's going all bad 90's on this movie? Who cares about Bishop and Cable. This movie needs Rachel Summers.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2013 02:45 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Evan Peters as Quicksilver has been added

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...-as-quicksilver

wonder how this will work out with Quicksilver being in Avengers 2....

Old Post May 24th, 2013 06:43 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Hugh Jackman Reveals That Bryan Singer BANNED Comic Books From The Set Of X-MEN

quote:
back when he was first cast as Logan by Bryan Singer for X-Men. The director apparently banned comic books from the set of the movie as he didn't want the actors to be influenced by them instead of the script for the movie. That explains a lot. Regardless, the cast still managed to find a way around this as the comics secretly found their way around the set

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...s/news/?a=80192

Old Post May 24th, 2013 01:36 PM
Darth Thor

This just proves what a moron Singer is.

Old Post May 24th, 2013 02:23 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Why am I not surprised...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 24th, 2013 02:33 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 25th, 2013 06:03 PM