KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Ron Paul choice of the troops march on the white house

Ron Paul choice of the troops march on the white house
Started by: Mairuzu

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Ron Paul choice of the troops march on the white house

If anyone has a say, its the men and women who put their lives on the line for this country. Obviously wasn't covered by mainstream media in the usa.

TGFwashere

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 06:59 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

The media hates Ron Paul. Well they hate anyone who isn't a government puppet.

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 07:27 PM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Re: Ron Paul choice of the troops march on the white house

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mairuzu
If anyone has a say, its the men and women who put their lives on the line for this country.

why should they have more of a say than the average citizen?

because they agree with you?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 07:34 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Thoren
The media hates Ron Paul. Well they hate anyone who isn't a government puppet.

I think it is because he is too ugly. wink

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 07:34 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Tis true. Which reminds me of the movie "Network".

Originally posted by inimalist
why should they have more of a say than the average citizen?

because they agree with you?

I don't believe they should have more of a say but I would concider their opinion quite important. Any more brain busters?

Do you not respect the opinion of the people defending you? Of course you would wouldn't you? Don't be stupid. Keep trying to nit pick at everything I say though. wink

TGFwashere

Last edited by Mairuzu on Mar 2nd, 2012 at 07:43 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 07:38 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

I don't believe they should have more of a say but I would concider their opinion quite important. Any more brain busters?

ok... why?

and to be fair, I couldn't find anything to say that the military as a whole supports Paul over other candidates outside of campaign contributions. Interesting, but hardly indicative of who the military, as a whole, wants to win the election.

Do you not respect the opinion of the people defending you? Of course you would wouldn't you? Don't be stupid. Keep trying to nit pick at everything I say though. wink

do I respect their opinion about who should run the country? no, not really. Not more so than other special interest groups. shit man, how many of these types of "important" groups do you think support Obama? You think teachers and doctors are going to line up behind Paul? academics? scientists? like, this is essentially political dick measuring.

the fact that soldiers might support him says absolutely nothing about his policy, and in fact, is a red herring designed to detract from any meaningful discussion of the matter.

"support paul"

"why"

"we are soldiers"

"oh..."

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 07:48 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

ok... why?

You're asking why I concider the opinion of a soldier about our current foreign policy to be important? The ones who risk their lives for us? You're seriously asking me why?

Why does it matter to you what my opinions are? I take their opinion highly with much respect. Simple as that. I don't see the what you're trying to get out of it by asking.

and to be fair, I couldn't find anything to say that the military as a whole supports Paul over other candidates outside of campaign contributions. Interesting, but hardly indicative of who the military, as a whole, wants to win the election.

Do you see other troops marching outside for other candidates? Do you see them marching for obama? romney? santorum? gingrich? I sure as hell don't. The news would be all over that shit as long as its not for Paul. To be fair though, I could give a rats ass if you couldn't find anything OUTSIDE the contributions. Such a strawman argument lol.

Btw, how did you go about trying to find military, as a whole, support Ron Paul outside contributions? What did you do? Google it? Lol

So because you cant find anywhere that shows the whole entire military supporting ron paul, you're just going to shrug it off? Simple question.

Your debate tactics are humorous.

do I respect their opinion about who should run the country? no, not really. Not more so than other special interest groups. shit man, how many of these types of "important" groups do you think support Obama? You think teachers and doctors are going to line up behind Paul? academics? scientists? like, this is essentially political dick measuring.

You don't have to respect their opinion just as much as I can give a rats ass about yours.

This has to do with foreign policy. It has to do with current america and the wars we are in. These are people that put their LIVES on the line. Is a teacher putting their life on the line as much as a soldier? Is a doctor at a local hospital putting their life on the line as much as a soldier?

the fact that soldiers might support him says absolutely nothing about his policy, and in fact, is a red herring designed to detract from any meaningful discussion of the matter.

"support paul"

"why"

"we are soldiers"

"oh..."

Lmfao. They arent telling anyone to support Ron Paul. They are simply showing THEIR support for ron paul. This was a rally on the white house to show Obama and everything watching who the choice of troops is. These troops. Keep up with the strawman though.

Have you watched all of the videos I presented? Woooosh

TGFwashere

Last edited by Mairuzu on Mar 2nd, 2012 at 08:13 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 08:04 PM
tsilamini

this is a strange brand of authoritarianism to see from you...

have you read/seen Coriolanus?

but you are right, I will stop asking you questions about the thread you started on a public discussion forum.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 08:14 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

You guys make it easier to defend Paul everyday now that I get more familiar to the type of people who oppose him

You can do whatever you want my man. I'm here to show that troops support ron paul. You can write whatever you want.

But to ask me why I concider a soldiers opinion to be important, despite the importance of every elses opinion, is pretty irrelevant. Don't you think?

TGFwashere

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 08:14 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

but you are right, I will stop asking you questions about the thread you started on a public discussion forum.

Wait, I object. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 08:15 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Yes cause we all like reading irrelevant topics on a relevant based section

TGFwashere

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 08:19 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Yes cause we all like reading irrelevant topics on a relevant based section

No, I like reading your threads. confused

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 08:21 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

At least its providing some enjoyment.

But the question being asked originally wasn't really a bright question at all. At least thats my opinion on it. But if you're gaining satisfaction then... **** it.

TGFwashere

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 08:25 PM
tsilamini

"Your voices: for your voices I have fought;
Watch'd for your voices; for Your voices bear
Of wounds two dozen odd; battles thrice six
I have seen and heard of; for your voices have
Done many things, some less, some more your voices:
Indeed I would be consul."

-Coriolanus, Coriolanus, Act 2, Scene 3

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 09:05 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

What are you trying to get at?

TGFwashere

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 09:12 PM
tsilamini

"I've bled and killed for your voices
therefore your voices should support me as consul"

The entire play is about an extremely potent warrior who would be a dictator, justified by his contribution to the Roman military effort. In part, there are a couple of awesome revenge subplots and issues of class purity, but the main comparison I'm seeing here is that, for some reason, you are making the fallacious argument that people who risk their lives for the nation are somehow more deserving of having a voice.

Like, among republicans, Paul polls around 10-20% nationally. To suggest that military support for Paul is a reason to vote for him is also to suggest that this group of people should be given more say than the 80-90% of the population, who might not be soldiers, who don't support him. It is a fallacy, and a dangerous one imho... It seems surprising to me that you would make an appeal to the violent arm of the government as a justification for why to vote for someone who you point to as a peace maker.

surely you wouldn't claim that the majority of police officers should determine national policy on crime (re: they overwhelmingly support harsher punishment for drug laws)

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 09:21 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

"I've bled and killed for your voices
therefore your voices should support me as consul"

The entire play is about an extremely potent warrior who would be a dictator, justified by his contribution to the Roman military effort. In part, there are a couple of awesome revenge subplots and issues of class purity, but the main comparison I'm seeing here is that, for some reason, you are making the fallacious argument that people who risk their lives for the nation are somehow more deserving of having a voice.

You don't realize that you're jumping the gun quite a bit? Are you comparing this to a movie? Lol

These were active and non active vets at that event among hundreds of others viewing. Who said anything about them being more deserving over others to have a voice? This is simply a rally to show that the troops support Ron Paul. To get their voice out because they are being ignored by the main stream media. This was a good way for the troops to get heard despite the lack of appearance by the MSM. But you keep posting irrelevant shit lol.

Like, among republicans, Paul polls around 10-20% nationally.

I'm showing about 21% and his polls show he is favored over Obama, if not tied.

To suggest that military support for Paul is a reason to vote for him is also to suggest that this group of people should be given more say than the 80-90% of the population, who might not be soldiers, who don't support him. It is a fallacy,
I would say so too which is why this is not the case. Do you just like reading your own words?

and a dangerous one imho... It seems surprising to me that you would make an appeal to the violent arm of the government as a justification for why to vote for someone who you point to as a peace maker.

Lol you are a fool. Do you know who Adam Kokesh is at all? Do you know anything about him and why he is so active with his Ron Paul support and his stance against the war? Apparently you don't know shit about this movement, I can tell.

surely you wouldn't claim that the majority of police officers should determine national policy on crime (re: they overwhelmingly support harsher punishment for drug laws)

Strawman continues.

I suggest you take the time to actually understand what I'm posting in the thread instead of making a fool out of yourself lol.

TGFwashere

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 09:33 PM
tsilamini

boy, you make me happy I took the time to elaborate on my point

are you a deadline sock?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 09:35 PM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Troops marching on a nation's capital in support of a fringe politician is rarely a good sign.

Now that's not to say that I think Ron Paul is a populist military dictator in the making, that would be ridiculous. Just that saying soldiers support someone isn't in of itself a good argument for why that person should be given power.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 09:39 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I hope you realize you completely wasted your time.

These troops are against the war after experiencing it for themselves. They are marching on the white house against Obama and his foreign policy. They saluted to all the fallen troops that were under Obama's orders once they got to the front gates. By doing so they announce that they support Ron Paul for president.

I make a thread about it.

You: OH SO BECAUSE THE TROOPS SUPPORT RON PAUL WE SHOULD TOO!? OH NO WAY MAN THATS SUCH A FALLACY MAN.

You're a fool. You can support any damn person you feel like. I'm here showing this movement. All these troops want to do is be heard.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Troops marching on a nation's capital in support of a fringe politician is rarely a good sign.

Not when our president has us in an unwinnable war. Record breaking stats showing the increase in suicides from returning troops. Sending people overseas for war profitting

Originally posted by Omega Vision

Now that's not to say that I think Ron Paul is a populist military dictator in the making, that would be ridiculous. Just that saying soldiers support someone isn't in of itself a good argument for why that person should be given power.

Good thing no one is making that argument right?

TGFwashere

Last edited by Mairuzu on Mar 2nd, 2012 at 09:44 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 09:40 PM