KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Plagueis Versus Darth Caedus

Darth Plagueis Versus Darth Caedus
Started by: Battlemaster

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raptor22

I don't think being trained by Luke gives him any advantage here at all. Plagues was the most powerful sith master of his time, trained in the traditions of the rule of two, with most of the knowledge and training of all the sith masters that have followed their line probably back to Bane. Also Plaguies trained palpatine, and palpy prob got at least 80-90% of knowledge from plagues having been his apprentice til around the end of phantom menace.

Also for all the many strange force powers jacen knows not many of them are battle oriented powers. His power to communicate with animals, or make himself small and undetectable in the force probably won't help him much. It's not like he's gonna be flow walking anyone to death or anything, and this fight isn't on his ship so he has no vines/tentacles, or vong organisms to control, jacens daughter isn't here so he can't take her hostage (plagues wouldn't care if he did), jacen doesnt control plagues son like ben so that wont help him, and he cant rely on family sympathy (maybe he can because plagues created Vader who is jacens grandfather so he is kind of like jacens great grandpa. so maybe but prob not). that's most of jacens best tactics right there and they won't work here.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2012 06:41 AM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raptor22
I don't think being trained by Luke gives him any advantage here at all. Plagues was the most powerful sith master of his time, trained in the traditions of the rule of two, with most of the knowledge and training of all the sith masters that have followed their line probably back to Bane. Also Plaguies trained palpatine, and palpy prob got at least 80-90% of knowledge from plagues having been his apprentice til around the end of phantom menace.

Also for all the many strange force powers jacen knows not many of them are battle oriented powers. His power to communicate with animals, or make himself small and undetectable in the force probably won't help him much. It's not like he's gonna be flow walking anyone to death or anything, and this fight isn't on his ship so he has no vines/tentacles, or vong organisms to control, jacens daughter isn't here so he can't take her hostage (plagues wouldn't care if he did), jacen doesnt control plagues son like ben so that wont help him, and he cant rely on family sympathy (maybe he can because plagues created Vader who is jacens grandfather so he is kind of like jacens great grandpa. so maybe but prob not). that's most of jacens best tactics right there and they won't work here.

Being trained by Luke doesn't give any advantage neither Plagues gets advantage for being trained by Sith from Rule of Two. It's all about life experience, how they learn, to what conclusions they come and what unique talents they discover within themselves. Who was Luke trained by? Doesn't matter, he achieved highest level of lightsaber skill and understanding of the Force regardless. Also, saying Plagueis was the most powerful Sith of his time hardly gives any weight as he was the only Sith master of his time.
Jacen still can embrace pain. He still knows shatterpoint and can give nasty kicks or punches into vital points. He can still catch his foe off-guard with Force blast or Force lightning. He can still take advantage of what ever other ground he fights with Plagueis. Even not considering any advantages Jacen still has immense potential inherited from Chosen One.
Come on, it's not like becoming invisible to a droid with outdated microprocessor. xD

Old Post Apr 8th, 2012 04:23 AM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Originally posted by Arhael
Being trained by Luke doesn't give any advantage neither Plagues gets advantage for being trained by Sith from Rule of Two. It's all about life experience, how they learn, to what conclusions they come and what unique talents they discover within themselves. Who was Luke trained by? Doesn't matter, he achieved highest level of lightsaber skill and understanding of the Force regardless. Also, saying Plagueis was the most powerful Sith of his time hardly gives any weight as he was the only Sith master of his time.
Jacen still can embrace pain. He still knows shatterpoint and can give nasty kicks or punches into vital points. He can still catch his foe off-guard with Force blast or Force lightning. He can still take advantage of what ever other ground he fights with Plagueis. Even not considering any advantages Jacen still has immense potential inherited from Chosen One.
Come on, it's not like becoming invisible to a droid with outdated microprocessor. xD
I wasn't implying plagueis had any advantage due to his training. It was more in response to someone earlier in the thread saying jacen had an advantage because he was trained by Luke. My point was that neither had an advantage in training since they were both trained well, by top tier masters. Luke was trained by obi wan, Yoda, Palpatine, and others so he's had decent teachers.

Im not sure what advantages Jacen has. He might be able to take pain a little better but not by much and plagueis might not know shatterpoint. plagueis can still deliver nasty kicks and punches to vital spots, he can take advantage of the ground their fighting on and use force pushes and lightning too. jacens potential is nice but since he didn't reach his full potential before he died it doesn't really have much impact on this fight. And him being a descendant of the chosen one prob doesn't mean that much in this fight since plagueis created the chosen one.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2012 06:52 PM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UltimateAnomaly
Bullletproof Monk

If you read the Plagueis novel, he didn't create Anakin. He and Palpatine tried to create the whole embodiment of the force, pissed off the Midichlorians who then made Anakin in retaliation.

Also bare in mind that Plagueis has NO precognitive powers due to his Master infecting him with Maxi-chlorians, therefor he cannot predict things like Jacen most likely can.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2012 06:54 PM
Click here to Send UltimateAnomaly a Private Message Find more posts by UltimateAnomaly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Is that no-precog disease the reason they gave for why Palps could sneak up on him?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2012 08:42 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Not read the novel but if he's not got pre-cog that's pretty rubbish.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2012 09:20 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UltimateAnomaly
Bullletproof Monk

His master had found out about long-living midichlorians, which he called Maxi-chlorians. And when he died he infected Plaguies with them, which allowed Tenebrous to use Plags' farsight to see Palpatine killing him. However he infected so many that Plag couldn't use the pre-cog anymore. And thats why he didn't predict Palps killing him.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2012 09:49 PM
Click here to Send UltimateAnomaly a Private Message Find more posts by UltimateAnomaly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Maxi-chlorians is such a stupid word.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2012 10:16 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UltimateAnomaly
Bullletproof Monk

I know like, it's like Friend Chicken.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2012 10:18 PM
Battlemaster

laughing laughing laughing

Edit: So Plagueis accomplishes his combative-feats through honed-reflex, then?

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 01:39 AM
Click here to Send Battlemaster a Private Message Find more posts by Battlemaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Battlemaster

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
^ Not read the novel but if he's not got pre-cog that's pretty rubbish.

I'd say Caedus wins this then.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 02:33 AM
Click here to Send Battlemaster a Private Message Find more posts by Battlemaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Originally posted by UltimateAnomaly
If you read the Plagueis novel, he didn't create Anakin. He and Palpatine tried to create the whole embodiment of the force, pissed off the Midichlorians who then made Anakin in retaliation.

Also bare in mind that Plagueis has NO precognitive powers due to his Master infecting him with Maxi-chlorians, therefor he cannot predict things like Jacen most likely can.
I haven't read the novel but from what I've pieced together I thought it was because of plagueis and palpatines ritual where they basicaly challenged the force and bent it to their will tipping the balance to the dark side. And the force created anakin as a last ditch effort to bring balance back. So i saw it as while plagueis didnt create anakin directly, anakin was a by-product of their ritual and the power he amassed in the darkside. I could be wrong like I said I haven't read the novel yet (hard covers are expensive am I right) just my take on it from my research.

Ya no pre-cog is a definite disadvantage for plagueis. Shit forget about pre-cog, he didn't even have the common sense to know palpatine was getting him drunk for a reason.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 04:39 AM
UltimateAnomaly
Bullletproof Monk

I haven't read the novel but from what I've pieced together I thought it was because of plagueis and palpatines ritual where they basicaly challenged the force and bent it to their will tipping the balance to the dark side. And the force created anakin as a last ditch effort to bring balance back. So i saw it as while plagueis didnt create anakin directly, anakin was a by-product of their ritual and the power he amassed in the darkside.

Yupski, that's pretty much it. Man, The Force is a total badass. XD. Never mess with it, or it'll seriously screw you up. Not entierly sure how it helped balance out, considering Anakin and Palps went on a Jedi killing rampage, but I'm not going to question The Force.

Lack of pre-cog sucks for Plag, for sure. Not sure if his other force powers can make up for it or no. Especially in a fight situation.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 04:44 AM
Raptor22

This is one of the quotes that led to my thinking. I saw it in another thread, I believe it's right from the novel, if not please correct me.

"The shift had been the outcome of months of intense meditation, during which Plagueis and Sidious had sought to challenge the Force for sovereignty and suffuse the galaxy with the power of the dark side. Brazen and shameless, and at their own mortal peril, they had waged etheric war, anticipating that their own midi-chlorians, the Force's proxy army, might marshal to boil their blood or stop the beating of their hearts. Risen out of themselves, discorporate and as a single entity, they had brought the power of their will to bear, asserting their sovereignty over the Force. No counterforce had risen against them. In what amounted to a state of rapture they knew that the Force had yielded, as if some deity had been tipped from its throne. On the fulcrum they had fashioned, the light side had dipped and the dark side had ascended."

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 04:49 AM
UltimateAnomaly
Bullletproof Monk

I don't have the book on me right now, but I believe that's the part where they turn the Force towards the dark side, so it clouds the minds of the Jedi. I'll make sure to look over it as soon as I can though. I could be wrong on that one, so don't hold it to me. XD.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 05:08 AM
Raptor22

Originally posted by UltimateAnomaly
I don't have the book on me right now, but I believe that's the part where they turn the Force towards the dark side, so it clouds the minds of the Jedi. I'll make sure to look over it as soon as I can though. I could be wrong on that one, so don't hold it to me. XD.
Thanks

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 05:31 AM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Are you kidding me? Who ok'd the [gently loving] "maxi-chlorians"???

its just so... fanfiction-y

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 05:50 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Battlemaster

Originally posted by Zampanó

That's how Star Wars has turned out now, I'm afraid. sad

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 06:16 AM
Herbert Spencer
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Zampanó

The term originates with Stover, if you can believe that. But it's just Tenebrous's name for specific midi-chlorians.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2012 02:26 AM
Click here to Send Herbert Spencer a Private Message Find more posts by Herbert Spencer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

This is one of the quotes that led to my thinking. I saw it in another thread, I believe it's right from the novel, if not please correct me.

"The shift had been the outcome of months of intense meditation, during which Plagueis and Sidious had sought to challenge the Force for sovereignty and suffuse the galaxy with the power of the dark side. Brazen and shameless, and at their own mortal peril, they had waged etheric war, anticipating that their own midi-chlorians, the Force's proxy army, might marshal to boil their blood or stop the beating of their hearts. Risen out of themselves, discorporate and as a single entity, they had brought the power of their will to bear, asserting their sovereignty over the Force. No counterforce had risen against them. In what amounted to a state of rapture they knew that the Force had yielded, as if some deity had been tipped from its throne. On the fulcrum they had fashioned, the light side had dipped and the dark side had ascended."

Some deity had been tipped from its throne. The father perhaps? I love how this book comes out, and mere months later, Apocalypse wipes out, or contradicts at the very least, i guess whatever your opinion is, what happened to tip the force to the dark side.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2012 02:38 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote