KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain

Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Man, that was an amazing trailer. This is easily my number 1 most anticipated game right now.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 27th, 2013 11:43 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EyeAreRandom

Wow! That is how to make a trailer! Can't wait for this!

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 04:53 PM
EyeAreRandom is currently offline Click here to Send EyeAreRandom a Private Message Find more posts by EyeAreRandom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Can I get an admin to change the thread name to Metal Gear Solid V?

PWNT

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 05:27 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

According to some sources Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are separate games.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/2...separate-games/

This makes sense as GZ is described as the prologue, yet TPP has a tutorial.

Last edited by ares834 on Mar 28th, 2013 at 05:56 PM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 05:52 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

have you guys seen in the gameplay video?

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 06:26 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Yes, its right here.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 07:55 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Yah that one. Video completely WTFed me. Gotta love how the other dude just didn't give a **** about BB and let him crawl around eventhough he would clearly slow him down, lol. Funny how all we saw was BB crawl around. I mean WTF? Could've shown us something better instead of the crawling simulation 2013 like someone said in the comments lol.

Mixed feelings about the whole hook thing.

WTF.

Then again this is MGS we're talking about.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 10:10 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Well considering he'd been in a coma for 9 years, it makes sense his body wouldn't work well.

And even though he was only shown crawling, we get to see someone who appears to be Psycho Mantis or another psychic(with phasing powers), and a guy made of fire. So that's pretty awesome.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 10:14 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I didn't expect him to just up and run around killing things, but lol 5 minutes of Snake crawling around. The top 2 comments nailed it. Crawling Simulation 2013/They...call this gameplay?

LoL

Anyways I have no doubt the game will rock.

Any idea if its PC/Xbox/PS3 running it?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 10:17 PM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Jack Bauer.

Howdy!

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 01:06 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2013 06:40 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

My Little Metal Gear: Pain is Magic

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2013 07:19 AM
Nemesis X is online now! Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Well that was disappointing to read. A little more enthusiasm on your greatest work would be nice. Instead, he's saying he's making things more ridiculous in the hopes that the fans will get frustrated and loose interest? Huh? I really hope there's more to his words there.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2013 10:52 AM
ares834

It was April Fools when it was posted...

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2013 02:06 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by ares834
It was April Fools when it was posted...
It was two days before April Fools. sad

PWNT

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2013 03:57 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Not surprised. Kojima's been trolling fans since before internet memes existed.(literally)

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2013 08:12 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

If it's a troll, good job Hideo. If it's true, you can't really fault him. As many games as the Metal Gear franchise has had, with him coming up with most of the story and characters for every single one. For decades. It gets tiring. There can be "Too much of a good thing". I for one would love to get another Zone of Enders, especially with the console tech we have now.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2013 10:41 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Then he should stop making them.

Look at Valve, they made only Half-Life, and then now they have CS, TF2, Portal, Left 4 Dead and Dota 2. And no damn HL3.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2013 12:33 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

So....Is this whole "No David Hayter as the voice of Snake" thing not sitting well with anyone else?...I'm a huge MGS fan and as soon as I heard about "Ground Zero/Phantom Pains" I was so stoked but after watching the latest trailer

I was kinda shocked at the end.."That voice?..."

Looking into it it seems it wasn't even David's choice http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/stor...-gear-franchise :/...poor guy seriously wth man.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2013 06:16 AM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Smasandian
Then he should stop making them.
Why not ask him to pull all of his money out of the bank and light it on fire too, while you're at it?

He is a games developer, and MG is the only thing people want to see from Kojima these days.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2013 06:24 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote