KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD

Current Gen Console Discussions (PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch (Pro?) OFFICIAL THREAD
Started by: Barker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (134): « First ... « 106 107 [108] 109 110 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Exactly.

I still play original PS4 and I have an Xbox One X....I wanted the better graphics for one system and I loved it...and I'm OK playing PS4 titles on the original system.

It's about choice...something the PC gaming community has been doing for years.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2020 11:41 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Some new next gen info released. After a leak MS announced the Series S and its price of $299. Really great deal. Also in the same leak, but at this point uncomfirmed was the Series X price of $499. Also a very good price for the power of the system.

Looks like MS is going to come out swinging with their pricing. Now the ball is in Sony’s court. Hopefully they announce a $499 price for the PS5 with a disc drive and $399 for the one without a drive.

Also since “Current Gen” is coming to an end I will be renaming this thread to be about just all console discussion in general instead of just a specific generation.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 05:18 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

If $499 is the price for Series X...that is pretty good deal..even with the new Nvidia cards....

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 05:22 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

It’s very good considering people were expecting it and the PS5 to be upwards of $600.

On another note I don’t really like the design of any of the consoles this generation. Think the Series X looks the nicest but it’s strange size may make it awkward to fit in entertainment stations.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 05:28 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

So you basically can get a good gaming device for $299, pay $10 bucks to get 200+ games on Game Pass.

That's a sweet deal...I remember reading something that MS is going to try do something with Game Pass first day releases on console launch due to Halo Infinite not being there....

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 05:46 PM
BackFire

Yeah. I’m happy that this is looking like it’s going to be a more competitive generation. I may get a series X first. Maybe sometime next year and wait a few years for the PS5.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 06:12 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I will probably get a PS5 once Horizons Zero Dawn 2 comes out...and if its good. I like gaming to much...

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 06:37 PM
BackFire

Series X confirmed $499. Release for both systems November 10.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2020 03:57 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Good price...pretty much what I expected.
Planning on getting day 1...

Old Post Sep 9th, 2020 08:40 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Series X confirmed $499. Release for both systems November 10.

Are the controllers still a bulky mess with an unusable dpad?

Playing Super Pac-Man is a nightmare on MS hardware.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2020 10:22 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Holy shit....****.....I can't use my controller from a brand-new spanking top of the line console because I need to play Pac-Man.

New console ****ing sucks.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2020 10:44 PM
BackFire

Originally posted by Smasandian
Good price...pretty much what I expected.
Planning on getting day 1...

Really good price. Likely meanings the PS5 will also be $499.

Don’t think I’ll be getting either of them at launch. Probably not until next year.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2020 10:59 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, for some reason, I have been seeing conversations that the PS5 will be more expensive but I don't see why. Both consoles are roughly in the same boat for performance, the Series X being more powerful with a super fast SSD (and I believe some cool technology is part of this) while the PS5 will have "revolutionary" SSD speed. So I don't see the PS5 being $499.

Will the undercut the Series X? Probably not because consumers have two clear choices for Xbox...and if you cut the price down, that means the PS5 disc-less version is going to be cheaper.

Also, EA Play (renamed version of EA Access/EA Origin Access) is now part of the PC Game Pass and Game Pass Ultimate.....for the same price (PC Game Pass price is increasing by 5 bucks..but I think that is due to the service leaving BETA)...and I think console gamers that have Game Pass Ultimate also get EA Play...but regular Game Pass console players do not.

That's a pretty good amount new content..especially if you like playing sport titles that are a bit older.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2020 10:05 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Holy shit....****.....I can't use my controller from a brand-new spanking top of the line console because I need to play Pac-Man.

New console ****ing sucks.

Some of us like playing arcade perfect ports that you can pirate for free on our 600 dollar console. Imagine that.

MS never understood that the Dpad is crucial for the arcade set. They have the worst Dpad in the industry.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2020 10:16 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Honestly... yeah, I hate the xbox d-pad. Especially in fighting games.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 10th, 2020 10:19 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
Honestly... yeah, I hate the xbox d-pad. Especially in fighting games.

I've gotten used to it enough to manage casually. Competitively, forget about it. Thumbs were not designed to stretch all the way out to the middle of a softball sized gamepad, where they decided to stick the thing.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2020 10:25 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Microsoft had the worst dpad. That stopped being the case after the 360.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2020 02:04 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yeah, for some reason, I have been seeing conversations that the PS5 will be more expensive but I don't see why. Both consoles are roughly in the same boat for performance, the Series X being more powerful with a super fast SSD (and I believe some cool technology is part of this) while the PS5 will have "revolutionary" SSD speed. So I don't see the PS5 being $499.

Will the undercut the Series X? Probably not because consumers have two clear choices for Xbox...and if you cut the price down, that means the PS5 disc-less version is going to be cheaper.

Also, EA Play (renamed version of EA Access/EA Origin Access) is now part of the PC Game Pass and Game Pass Ultimate.....for the same price (PC Game Pass price is increasing by 5 bucks..but I think that is due to the service leaving BETA)...and I think console gamers that have Game Pass Ultimate also get EA Play...but regular Game Pass console players do not.

That's a pretty good amount new content..especially if you like playing sport titles that are a bit older.

Yeah the rumor was that it would be more expensive because of the SSD but I don’t think they’d want to be the most expensive system while also being less powerful specwise. I think they’ll have the version with the disc drive at $499 and the disc less one at $399. Though I wouldn’t be shocked if the disc drive version was $449.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2020 02:25 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Microsoft had the worst dpad. That stopped being the case after the 360.

I still prefer the PS4 to the XBOne pad. Is the Switch d-pad shit or something?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 11th, 2020 02:55 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by cdtm
Some of us like playing arcade perfect ports that you can pirate for free on our 600 dollar console. Imagine that.

MS never understood that the Dpad is crucial for the arcade set. They have the worst Dpad in the industry.

You can play pirated games on an Xbox One console?
How?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2020 04:01 AM