KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Disney acquires Lucasfilm; Episode VII proposed for 2015

Disney acquires Lucasfilm; Episode VII proposed for 2015
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (74): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

oh they can use makeup to age him more. look at what a spectacular job they did in prometheus. [/snark]

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 02:52 AM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

It's possible that it won't be that bad. I mean look at what they did to Avengers and other Marvel stuff, so maybe it would be fine, if the right people are involved in the right project.

And I hope it'll be a new story as well, not just another sequel, and I'd appreciate a new spin on it.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 03:54 AM
Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jaeh
It's possible that it won't be that bad. I mean look at what they did to Avengers and other Marvel stuff, so maybe it would be fine, if the right people are involved in the right project.

And I hope it'll be a new story as well, not just another sequel, and I'd appreciate a new spin on it.

a fair point, though imho avengers is drastically overrated. now if you'll excuse me im going to hide behind this wall.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 04:03 AM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I am excited about this buyout. The Ep VII thing made me shit myself.

I really don't care what they do. The EU stories are decent enough that it wouldn't make me hate them. I would prefer something of a re-write of Eps VII-IX...but still keep some of the elements like the Establishment of the Jedi Academy.

And, they can do just as much of a time-skip as they did between III and IV. Hamill and the gang should have aged enough.

Disney generally does a good job. I have no doubt that they will at least make decent films.

Here's what I want: The Mandalorian Wars: The rise of Revan. If I get that, I will die a happy old man.

Originally posted by focus4chumps
a fair point, though imho avengers is drastically overrated. now if you'll excuse me im going to hide behind this wall.

They strung me up and disemboweled me when I stated that in the Avengers thread. sad

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 05:01 AM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

I see you like to live dangerously, friend.

Again, I'd love to see Old Republic/Sith War era films. Such a great storyline to work from and lots of massive scale battles. They certainly would be much darker than the original series though.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 05:28 AM
Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Fantastic news!

Disney is definitely the best company to take over the Star Wars franchise, just look how well they did with Marvel and The Avengers.

As for Episode VII, even though I am a huge EU fan, I don't mind at all if they go in a new direction invalidating most of the EU as long as it is good.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 08:14 AM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Space Opera

I keep hearing from multiple sources including /Film that Disney plans on making not only this 7-9 trilogy but even MORE trilogies after that! Unlimited Star Wars for everyone! Freakin sweet. This means more chances for Disney to make great movies and learn along the way. I don't see why they couldn't make an Old Republic movie, makes total sense.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 09:45 AM
Click here to Send Space Opera a Private Message Find more posts by Space Opera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gambler
Galaxy's most wanted

As long as they stay loyal to the well established facts and timeline, and don't invent new parallel universes (DC, Marvel cretin stuff), as long as they don't " reboot" SW, I'm fine with that. EU is essential. EU created and raised to the upper levels the 4000 BBY Republic and much more, especially Dark Horse comics. If they spit on it with their hidden Hollywood political propaganda bullshit, then they're ruined. SW is genuine because it has a genuine perspective on a Galactic civilization far far away.

Not everything is gold that shines. We have to be wary. The more independent the directors for the new movies, the better. SW doesn't need mainstream Hollywood lapdogs.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 02:23 PM
Click here to Send Gambler a Private Message Find more posts by Gambler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

everyone thrilled huh? well that will die real quick when instead of the 20th century fox intro before the opening crawl, we have:

[/celebration]

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 02:38 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

who's the leader of the sith thats made for you and me

D-A-R

T-H....

hmmm...right...forget that

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 02:43 PM
Gambler
Galaxy's most wanted

everyone thrilled huh? well that will die real quick when instead of the 20th century fox intro before the opening crawl, we have:

[/celebration]

I suspect what it contains. Yuck!

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 02:49 PM
Click here to Send Gambler a Private Message Find more posts by Gambler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by Gambler
As long as they stay loyal to the well established facts and timeline, and don't invent new parallel universes (DC, Marvel cretin stuff), as long as they don't " reboot" SW, I'm fine with that. EU is essential. EU created and raised to the upper levels the 4000 BBY Republic and much more, especially Dark Horse comics. If they spit on it with their hidden Hollywood political propaganda bullshit, then they're ruined. SW is genuine because it has a genuine perspective on a Galactic civilization far far away.

Not everything is gold that shines. We have to be wary. The more independent the directors for the new movies, the better. SW doesn't need mainstream Hollywood lapdogs.

If you are looking for EU continuity, I suspect you will end up disappointed.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 02:56 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

[/celebration]

They didn't put that in front of the Avengers or Pirates movies.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 04:02 PM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

shhhhhhhh

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 04:06 PM
CaedusRules

I'm excited for some new Star Wars movies. Have heard they will be stand alone trilogy, but I don't want them to stomp over EU. There are many options they can do. It is a big universe, you can feature characters not associated with Luke, Han, etc. Maybe have Luke have a cameo on a Jedi counsel. Or they could skip to the future and have Luke as a Force Ghost. I just dont want them to interfer with the current time-line or characters.

If your going to include characters like Jaina, do it right. If your going to include the Vong, do it right. Personally I would be okay with 2 senerios. First, you jump past where the current EU is with its core characters and have Luke sitting on the Jedi Counsel on Ossus, and introduce new faces with a few hidden cameos for us EU fans.... Maybe see a Barabel Jedi on the counsel sissing at a joke.... (like they do with marvel). The second would be to do something around the time a Thrawn, that would be stand-alone and not mess with Luke or the others at all. Personally I would rather the former.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 04:59 PM
Click here to Send CaedusRules a Private Message Find more posts by CaedusRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

I did enjoy the prequels, but i still feel Lucas should of just done the story and got someone else to write it and direct it. LIke Empire & Jedi.
So maybe for this we can get some really good movies with good direction.but do it 30 years after jedi, that way anyone who wants to make a cameo can.
Also if disney was smart they should release another bluray set with the orginal movies and or a bluray set where you can pick what scenes you want in and watch the star wars movie that you want to watch.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 06:25 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

While Disney now owns the rights to the Star Wars universe and all future films going forward, 20th Century Fox has retained the rights to the first six movies. The original film, Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, is theirs forever, and they’ll own the final five films, Episodes I-III, V and VI, through May 2020. This makes the fan dream of releasing the original, unedited trilogy box set very difficult.

http://www.slashfilm.com/20th-centu...-set-difficult/

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 06:40 PM
darthmaul1

While Disney now owns the rights to the Star Wars universe and all future films going forward, 20th Century Fox has retained the rights to the first six movies. The original film, Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, is theirs forever, and they’ll own the final five films, Episodes I-III, V and VI, through May 2020. This makes the fan dream of releasing the original, unedited trilogy box set very difficult.

Well SHIT! didn't know that smile

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 06:55 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 07:13 PM
Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Well SHIT! didn't know that smile

then what the hell are you smiling about?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 07:32 PM