KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » DE Sidious -vs- The Emperor (Lord Vitiate)

Which Sith Lord survives in the all-out battle?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The Emperor (Lord Vitiate) 7 20.00%
DE Sidious 28 80.00%
Total: 35 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DE Sidious -vs- The Emperor (Lord Vitiate)
Started by: Rookwood

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Vitiate could also draw on the nexus, and as I said, considering the B-team did react to him I don't see why Vitiate couldn't.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 03:01 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Well, as you have mentioned a time or two, just because one character is able to do one thing doesn't mean another can replicate it.

Additionally, the opening post describes Vitiate as the one that appears in Revan. None of his feats against the Hero of Tython really apply unless they were depicted in that book.

The idea that Vitiate can move as fast as the Jedi Masters, let alone the Emperor, is naked speculation IMHO.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 03:02 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Vitiate could also draw on the nexus, and as I said, considering the B-team did react to him I don't see why Vitiate couldn't.

What exactly did the B-Team react to? The only one who showed any kind of reaction was Kit Fisto.

That being said I find it difficult to believe someone with the Sith Emperor's powers and mastery would get blitzed by Sidious. After all he didn't blitz Mace Windu. Nor did Yoda (at least Sidious's equal in speed) blitz Count Dooku.

I'm sure Sidious is far superior to the Sith Emperor in a Saber fight. But speed blitz him? I highly doubt it.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 03:29 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Neph, how come you did not respond to my post in the "DE Sidious and Lord Vitiate" thread? I want some attention too.

@Tempest - did you purposely move the debate that was started in the "DE Sidious and Lord Vitiate" thread to this one, or did you just accidently paste your argument here?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 09:54 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rookwood
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Neph, how come you did not respond to my post in the "DE Sidious and Lord Vitiate" thread? I want some attention too.

Everyone wants a piece of the Nephthys. ;3

But we're in agreement here that The Emperor has no chance, right?

I just wanted to see who would best the other. cool

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 10:01 PM
Click here to Send Rookwood a Private Message Find more posts by Rookwood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Yup.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 10:03 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
@Tempest - did you purposely move the debate that was started in the "DE Sidious and Lord Vitiate" thread to this one, or did you just accidently paste your argument here?

Purposely. The previous thread was becoming increasingly Vitiate vs. Sidious rather than Vitiate and Sidious. I told jadams3928 that the topic was complex enough not to succumb to tangents and then I started to do the same thing with Nai and Neph.

It was more appropriate here.

quote:
Originally posted by Rookwood

The Emperor absolutely stands a chance. In fact, I think he'd win a solid majority! big grin

Vitiate, on the other hand, would probably lose. How often and to what degree is open to discussion and it really depends on how generous the debaters in question want to be.

My personal thoughts on the matter may very well differ from what I post on the subject, but since Neph wasn't acting especially reasonable in our previous discussion, I don't see why those in the other camp should.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 10:17 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

To say either of these power houses wouldn't even stand a chance is absurd.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2012 11:15 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

I like how some infer than Vitiate is almost unstoppable yet one Knight was more than enough to lock his soul away.

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Sidious is terminated in a flash of light. Happy?

That worked wonders for every Jedi he faced. I don't even think he killed a Jedi in the entire game. Wow he controlled random Jedi who had no idea he had those powers. Sids is way above anyone in TOR's league.

What makes you think Sids can't do it in half the time? Vitiate has no evidence of high level combat.

Last edited by Based on Dec 28th, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2012 12:21 AM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Based
I like how some infer than Vitiate is almost unstoppable yet one Knight was more than enough to lock his soul away.

What makes you think Sids can't do it in half the time? Vitiate has no evidence of high level combat.

Boy, now you've done it.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2012 12:23 AM
Rookwood
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
To say either of these power houses wouldn't even stand a chance is absurd.

I don't see Vitiate mind-raping Sidious. cool

Old Post Dec 28th, 2012 06:10 AM
Click here to Send Rookwood a Private Message Find more posts by Rookwood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jadams3928
Restricted

Account Restricted

That worked wonders for every Jedi he faced. I don't even think he killed a Jedi in the entire game. Wow he controlled random Jedi who had no idea he had those powers. Sids is way above anyone in TOR's league.

I definitely enjoy how you downplay one character's feats and then claim the other one is superior without any basis whatsoever.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2012 06:12 AM
Click here to Send jadams3928 a Private Message Find more posts by jadams3928 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I like how this sub-forum has managed to stay alive all these years, despite pretty much all the threads on the first three pages being duplicates of older threads.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 28th, 2012 06:28 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rookwood
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tzeentch._
I like how this sub-forum has managed to stay alive all these years, despite pretty much all the threads on the first three pages being duplicates of older threads.

Without you - none of it would be possible.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2012 07:01 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Neph wasn't acting especially reasonable in our previous discussion

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 28th, 2012 08:29 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
axel_jovan
Looking around.

thumb up

Old Post Dec 28th, 2012 09:09 AM
Click here to Send axel_jovan a Private Message Find more posts by axel_jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I don't see Vitiate mind-raping Sidious. cool

Of course not. Like wise I don't see Sidious speed blitzing someone on Vitiate's level.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2012 10:38 AM
Rookwood
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Of course not. Like wise I don't see Sidious speed blitzing someone on Vitiate's level.

Can Vitiate react to someone who can clear 15 feet in two seconds?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2012 11:30 AM
Darth Thor

Can Vitiate react to someone who can clear 15 feet in two seconds?

If he can't then his power and force mastery is seriously over rated.

One gains speed and reaction through a good connection to the force. Which is either from being naturally strong in the force or by having a great mastery of it.

Vitiate clearly has both. The only way Sidious is Saber blitzing him is if he hasn't ever developed his Saber skills.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2012 11:55 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Me and Legend are going to form a 3-tier man sandwich.

It will be LeGenDary.

Originally posted by The_Tempest
It's called a manwich or a hunk sammich.
And you've already excreted enough boy milk in Vitiate's direction to inspire a modified adjective:

LeGenDairy.

You mean cream!

Originally posted by shinkoryu
Um no, the clone bodies simply didnt have the genetic potential to contain such power unlike palpatines original body. That in no way indicates he is more prone to getting damaged from the outside.

Why not?

The clone body, due to not being able to sustain such power, is undergoing continues deteriorate. decay.

With the kind of guy Sidious is up against:

As they drew closer to the throne room, Revan's thoughts drifted back to his last confrontation with the Emperor. In all his battles, he had never faced an enemy with that kind of power. The dark side had radiated from him in palpable waves, his physical shell barely able to contain the crackling energy. (SWTOR Revan)

- Some moments are to be expected in this duel, in which no amount of protective measures will be sufficient to shield the clone body from extreme external abuse and the already internally stressed and deteriorating body is likely to easily end up getting destroyed in the process.

Try to understand that Star Wars authors aren't stupid. No matter how powerful a character is introduced, he or she would still likely have weaknesses that can be exploited. Read more below.

He already had been hit by a strong force push, that didn't damage him at all. And his deterioration took an extremely long time, years even, before his clone body finally dies.

Force push doesn't damages an opponent unless the opponent hits an object or something in the process.

And Palpatine clones aren't as durable as you pointed out here. A clone body would last a year maximum with its durability reaching zero point by the end of the period. The internal decay would begin from day 1.

The very reason that Palpatine's clone bodies deteriorated was due to getting ravaged by powerful dark side energies from within, which were not even channeled on them offensively. Such powerful dark side energies, if channeled directly on these bodies, would absolutely shatter them.

You do more than "give credit where its due".

No. I try to maintain balance.

I like how some infer that Sidious is almost unstoppable yet (Pre-NJO) Luke disarmed him, and with help form Leia; both cut him off from the Force.

That worked wonders for every Jedi he faced.

Genius! Vitiate purged an entire Dark Council with that kind of power in single blow. It may sound funny to you in comments but it is one of the most potent display of Force usage in history.

I don't even think he killed a Jedi in the entire game.

These are petty things for him. He had lot of individuals under his command who did this job.

Wow he controlled random Jedi who had no idea he had those powers. Sids is way above anyone in TOR's league.

Random Jedi? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Those were not fodders but included prominent individuals of the Order. Those 3 Jedi Masters were accompanied by Hero of Tython himself, who alone seems to be among the greatest warriors in Star Wars history and not just the Jedi Order.

Now should I remind you what happened to Sidious whem he faced a Jedi Strike Team? You probably know the answer.

You are clueless of what you are talking about, kid.

First learn something about Vitiate and then come back and talk.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Dec 28th, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2012 11:56 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote