KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Goku vs Cyborg Frieza

Goku vs Cyborg Frieza
Started by: atv2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Hows about I suggest that although all the Icehjins/Frost Demons/whatever the hell Freeza's race is, are born into their 4th form, and all the forms lesser than this are restricted power forms simply due to them being far too destructive upon maturing? With the exeption of Cooler, they all seemed to have trouble with actual control over their emotions, nevermind their powers...

Id KC had such a high personal power, I can garuntee you he'd have even less control of himself tha Broly ever did, and if what Goku said to Freeza holds any weight, the race as a whole can only seem to handle so much of their own power.
I never got the impression that Frieza had less control over his emotions as his power increased, nor did I get the feeling that Cold was emotionally unbalanced either-- quite the opposite, in fact. You have any examples of this off hand? And Goku merely questioned whether or not Frieza's body was capable of withstanding the physical strain of reaching 100% power, nothing more.

My opinion: just because Frieza's 4th form was his true form, doesn't mean Cold was ever capable of reaching the same form. Like I keep saying: Cold was clearly not intended by Toriyama to have more powerful transformations that he could tap at will. If he were capable of amassing greater power than what he displayed, some type of canon source would have alluded to such(but none do.) And like Kento mentioned: even if we veer away from canonicity entirely, and reference all sources pertaining to Frieza's lineage, there is NO consistency in transformations whatsoever. Literally every member of that race can attain a different/peak form.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 07:24 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Originally posted by Galan007
I never got the impression that Frieza had less control over his emotions as his power increased, nor did I get the feeling that Cold was emotionally unbalanced either-- quite the opposite, in fact. You have any examples of this off hand? And Goku merely questioned whether or not Frieza's body was capable of withstanding the physical strain of reaching 100% power, nothing more.

He certainly got angrier as he amped up. And as for Cold, well, him blowing his men out into space by destroying a huge chunk of his ship was pretty nuts... And the physical strain Goku mentions is another thing, 0.8% of KC's total potential power is being shown, right, and Goku thought that Frieza might lose control at 120,000,000... imagine for a moment of KC did go all out AND lost control.

My opinion: just because Frieza's 4th form was his true form, doesn't mean Cold was ever capable of reaching the same form. Like I keep saying: Cold was clearly not intended by Toriyama to have more powerful transformations that he could tap at will. If he were capable of amassing greater power than what he displayed, some type of canon source would have alluded to such(but none do.) And like Kento mentioned: even if we veer away from canonicity entirely, and reference all sources pertaining to Frieza's lineage, there is NO consistency in transformations whatsoever. Literally every member of that race can attain a different/peak form.

What I'm getting at, is that the 4th form transformation may very well be the standard for the entire race. The only reason KC doesn't, or cannot transform is because he well knows he may destroy himself. Along with various other possabilities, such as being stuck in that reduced form so long, he may no longer be able to transform anymore, or another theory is that Trunks took him down so quickly he never got the chance to go higher. Makes sense to me seeing as how Trunks loathes letting his opponents increase their threat such as his reaction to the Androids waking 16, or Vegeta letting Cell reach his perfect state.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 08:45 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

He certainly got angrier as he amped up.
Frieza got angrier because a 'filthy Saiyan' was more powerful than himself, no matter how much he powered up.

And as for Cold, well, him blowing his men out into space by destroying a huge chunk of his ship was pretty nuts...
That never happened in the manga.

And the physical strain Goku mentions is another thing, 0.8% of KC's total potential power is being shown, right, and Goku thought that Frieza might lose control at 120,000,000... imagine for a moment of KC did go all out AND lost control.
I don't think Goku said anything about Frieza potentially losing control after reaching 100% power--- he merely commented on the physical strain. As we saw: Frieza's stamina took a shit when he powered up. That's why he didn't power up to 100% right out of the gate.

What I'm getting at, is that the 4th form transformation may very well be the standard for the entire race. The only reason KC doesn't, or cannot transform is because he well knows he may destroy himself. Along with various other possabilities, such as being stuck in that reduced form so long, he may no longer be able to transform anymore, or another theory is that Trunks took him down so quickly he never got the chance to go higher. Makes sense to me seeing as how Trunks loathes letting his opponents increase their threat such as his reaction to the Androids waking 16, or Vegeta letting Cell reach his perfect state.
Interesting theory, but given that no canon evidence supports it, I can't accept it.

You see, if Cold were capable of transforming into the same forms as Frieza, then that puts the PL of his 4th form at roughly 17,000,000,000-- well beyond the level of a SSJ2, and approaching the level of a SSJ3. Clearly he and Frieza were intended to be vastly weaker than a rookie SSJ, so the opinion that Cold could have tapped power close to that of a SSJ3 is a bit much for me to accept. Even from a theoretical standpoint. /shrug

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 09:01 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Frieza got angrier because a 'filthy Saiyan' was more powerful than himself, no matter how much he powered up.

He was also pissed when Krillin cutt off his tail, and when Gohan masenko'ed him into the ground. :P

That never happened in the manga.

You never asked for manga only refferences wink laughing

I don't think Goku said anything about Frieza potentially losing control after reaching 100% power--- he merely commented on the physical strain. As we saw: Frieza's stamina took a shit when he powered up. That's why he didn't power up to 100% right out of the gate.

Well, Freeza's stamina is probably better than anyone else in the 'verse... Think about it, he was fighting longer than any other villain in the series, and perhaps anyone overall... If we took how many issues in the manga, or how many episodes from the anime the entire Freeza fight took from when he initially started fighting Vegeta at the sight where Porunga was first summoned, to the point where he got either cut in half or the final blast by SSJ Goku... Your looking at mid double digits... That fight took FOREVER to finally finish....

Interesting theory, but given that no canon evidence supports it, I can't accept it.

You see, if Cold were capable of transforming into the same forms as Frieza, then that puts the PL of his 4th form at roughly 17,000,000,000-- well beyond the level of a SSJ2, and approaching the level of a SSJ3. Clearly he and Frieza were intended to be vastly weaker than a rookie SSJ, so the opinion that Cold could have tapped power close to that of a SSJ3 is a bit much for me to accept. Even from a theoretical standpoint. /shrug

The thing of it is, we clearly know he never actually transformed because he got punked very quickly and never got the chance. This will forever lay doubt on what he may have been like in any other from other than 2nd. That said, he may have actually had more control than Freeza did, considering he was able to surpass his son's absolute max, plus mech buff, while in 2nd gear.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 09:51 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

He was also pissed when Krillin cutt off his tail, and when Gohan masenko'ed him into the ground. :P
I'm pretty sure he would have been pissed off at those 2 events in any form. stick out tongue

Well, Freeza's stamina is probably better than anyone else in the 'verse... Think about it, he was fighting longer than any other villain in the series, and perhaps anyone overall... If we took how many issues in the manga, or how many episodes from the anime the entire Freeza fight took from when he initially started fighting Vegeta at the sight where Porunga was first summoned, to the point where he got either cut in half or the final blast by SSJ Goku... Your looking at mid double digits... That fight took FOREVER to finally finish....
I was talking about Frieza's stamina after reaching 100%. It was absolute shit. He started to fizzle out very quickly--- his body simply couldn't handle the strain of that much energy for an extended period of time(Goku even commented on such.)

The thing of it is, we clearly know he never actually transformed because he got punked very quickly and never got the chance. This will forever lay doubt on what he may have been like in any other from other than 2nd. That said, he may have actually had more control than Freeza did, considering he was able to surpass his son's absolute max, plus mech buff, while in 2nd gear.
Well, you're still assuming KC was capable of transforming into more powerful forms, when no canon evidence from the manga, anime, or daizenshuu alludes to such. You're welcome to your own opinion, but it is just that: opinion. Because it cannot be supported with canon proof, I personally can't except it as fact.

I do like having theoretical fun with DBZ characters, though... So this has been fun in that respect. smile

Old Post Jan 17th, 2013 10:01 PM