KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Justice League (2018)

Justice League (2018)
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (233): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TH3_V01D

Prove it idiot. because iron man 3 was FULL of moms and little shits wearing iron man t shirts

Old Post May 1st, 2014 12:54 AM
TH3_V01D is currently offline Click here to Send TH3_V01D a Private Message Find more posts by TH3_V01D Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

^ demographics are largely dependent on the showtime you attend. I went to the 11pm showtime on Friday and it was all people my age, give or take 3-5 years, zero kids were in attendance.

Old Post May 1st, 2014 01:00 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

realistically, the demo for comic movies is more like 13-35.

Old Post May 1st, 2014 01:04 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by marwash22
realistically, the demo for comic movies is more like 13-35.

Eh, I'd say younger than that. Little kids love these films as well. But that doesn't make them bad or anything like Th3_Void seems to be claiming.

Old Post May 1st, 2014 01:12 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

younger kids see them, sure, as do older people, but the vast majority are those who fall into that 13-35 range.

Old Post May 1st, 2014 01:19 AM
TH3_V01D

To me younger demographics are to blame for the fact how safe those movies feel, i still remember in MoS the ''crack'' hahaahha little kids looking in awe and mothers closing thier eyes.
Say what you wants but, its almost a year since MoS and people still are discussing about the movie. The likes of Thor 2 and IM3 are pretty much forgotten

Last edited by TH3_V01D on May 1st, 2014 at 01:30 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2014 01:24 AM
TH3_V01D is currently offline Click here to Send TH3_V01D a Private Message Find more posts by TH3_V01D Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TH3_V01D
Prove it idiot.

I have better things to do. Go **** yourself

Old Post May 1st, 2014 01:50 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

I love a good "Troll Feeding" session. Let me! Let me!! (Without resorting to name-calling now, let's be adults) OK, the Marvel Cinematic Universe is, in MY opinion, far superior to the ONE underwhelming movie made by Zack "I guess this is directing" Snyder. I have high hopes for BvS simply because DC can't be dumb enough to continue to allow Marvel to steamroll over them. I actually want DC to compete, it'll make Marvel up their game, not that they need to with the success of Winter Soldier. Their problem starts with directing and casting. Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman? REALLY? An iconic character, the first true female comic book hero needs to have gravitas to make it in the boys' club that is the Justice League. That was just one example of their futility. Again, just my opinion, opinions need no proof. I am, however all about stating my argument in a mature manner.

P.E.A.C.E.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post May 1st, 2014 02:04 AM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

To me younger demographics are to blame for the fact how safe those movies feel, i still remember in MoS the ''crack'' hahaahha little kids looking in awe and mothers closing thier eyes.
Say what you wants but, its almost a year since MoS and people still are discussing about the movie. The likes of Thor 2 and IM3 are pretty much forgotten

Wouldn't say that. Younger kids would still drag their folks to superhero movies which generates revenue. Blame said folks for coddling if anything else.

That's because Thor 2 wasn't anything special and people are actively trying to forget IM3 IIRC.

As for this JL project. Was really hoping for DC to just suck it up and follow Marvel's formula. I mean they have right to virtually everything in the DC-verse so no need to fight FOX or Sony for characters when they have a full toy box.

Old Post May 1st, 2014 02:58 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

Because the first movie from a Superhero that dosent have a movie since late 70s is comparable to a estableshied movie franchise.

No? Then what movie was Roth in?
(please log in to view the image)

He had an entire tv show. 10 seasons.

Two actually. 4 Seasons.

JL/JL Unlimited:

Superman The Animated Series. 4 seasons.

Superman is in constant exposure throughout the 90s-00s. And Cap, with far less exposure, a B-lister like you said, will match your so called "father" of superheroes.

quote:

Not even Batman begins made that much. Compared to Phase 1 movies Man of Steel made more than good.
And to be fair, actually the only marvel studios movie that beat MoS in box office are Iron man 3 and avengers, you know sequels.
BTW Man of Steel killed IM3 and THOR2 (both the Marvel movies out that same year) in DVD/BLU-RAY Sales last year.

First you say these two father of superheroes will blow the Avengers, B-listers, out of the water. Then you admit that we shouldn't make a comparison between MOS and Cap 2 because Superman hasn't even been in a movie since the 70s. Yet, Man of Steel is the second Superman movie in the last 7 years, not 30. If he's as iconic and a bigger blockbuster character, how come those numbers aren't that much better than B-Listers like IM/Thor/Cap? At this point, Marvel's characters are as much of a box office draw as DC's characters.

To me younger demographics are to blame for the fact how safe those movies feel,

So do you have numbers for MOS and IM3/Thor2 regarding demographics or is this just your observation when you went to the theater? MOS had a PG13 rating like IM3/Thor 2.

quote:

i still remember in MoS the ''crack'' hahaahha little kids looking in awe and mothers closing thier eyes.

IM3 - Maya was shot dead. Mandarin was shot dead. Happy was blown up and laid near dead, while those around him actually died.

Thor 2 - Thor's hand gets cut off at one point. Loki gets stabbed and presumed dead until the final reveal. Malekith had half his face burned and was later stabbed/dismembered limb from limb.

That neck snapping is no more gruesome than any of these scenes.

quote:

Who is discussing Man of Steeling? You mean discussing it's mediocrity and how WB rushing to build a universe on its faulty foundation?

Last edited by WhiteWitchKing on May 1st, 2014 at 07:24 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2014 07:19 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

Old Post May 1st, 2014 07:22 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Shut that troll down WhiteWitch.

Old Post May 1st, 2014 07:47 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Superman, Batman and Spider-Man have always been and still are the biggest superhero names. They therefore have the biggest box office "potential."

However fact is it's not just names that makes box office, it's quality. And it's Marvel studios who are giving us the best quality right now and that's why they're the ones with the biggest box office franchises, made up of names who previously were "B-Listers" but are now almost as well known as Supes, Bats and Spidey. It's really impressive how they've done that.

Old Post May 1st, 2014 10:02 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Wow, WhiteWitchKing... (applause). Very well said.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post May 1st, 2014 05:25 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TH3_V01D

AHHAHAAH the marvel cult brigade sure is in defense mode, i dont even want to think what would happen if Superman/Batman stomp Avengers 2 in the box office.
And no IM3 and Thor 2 are mostly comedies, you cant sell it as serious movies, it clear that are movies for children

Old Post May 2nd, 2014 01:07 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Thor 2 are mostly comedies, you cant sell it as serious movies, it clear that are movies for children

Yes, because a defiant father, a dead mother & a deceitful sibling is clearly what kids want to be entertained by. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 2nd, 2014 01:16 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

AHHAHAAH the marvel cult brigade sure is in defense mode, i dont even want to think what would happen if Superman/Batman stomp Avengers 2 in the box office.
And no IM3 and Thor 2 are mostly comedies, you cant sell it as serious movies, it clear that are movies for children

DC movies could use a little more comedy. It sucks that Marvel movies don't appeal to your gothic, emo nihilistic teen on drugs thing going on. Well, sucks for you at least.

Old Post May 2nd, 2014 01:44 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TH3_V01D

Because stupid jokes and one liners every two minutes makes a good movie right?
Funny you calling me a emo. My favorites superhero movies are the original Spiderman duology, you know, cool fights, memorable villians, well placed humor, dramatic scenes.

Just watch the Guardians of Galaxy trailer, they arent even trying to hide the fact that movie is gonna be another comedy.

Old Post May 2nd, 2014 02:00 AM
WhiteWitchKing

Because stupid jokes and one liners every two minutes makes a good movie right?
Funny you calling me a emo. My favorites superhero movies are the original Spiderman duology, you know, cool fights, memorable villians, well placed humor, dramatic scenes.

Except the Avengers isn't just Thor and Iron Man. Captain America 2 broke that piss poor comedy streak and Avengers was well balanced in comedy and seriousness. Avengers 2 is directed by the same director. Kids still showed up to see Man of Steel, that's why the rating is PG13.

quote:

Just watch the Guardians of Galaxy trailer, they arent even trying to hide the fact that movie is gonna be another comedy.

That's why GOTG is beloved by fans. This team was a comedic team in the books. It's staying true to the books. But it seems like you haven't read their comics and so you spout more nonsense.

Old Post May 2nd, 2014 06:07 AM
TH3_V01D

Ehhh, I read the GotG comics and they were a cool space adventure book about a team who has a talking raccon in their ranks with funny moments, but a full comedy never crossed my mind reading those books

Old Post May 2nd, 2014 08:14 AM