KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Who agrees's with this girl?

Who agrees's with this girl?
Started by: Supra

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just saw my first Man of Steel Trailer in the theater! Wow, lot better then watching it on youtube. So exited for this movie.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 06:04 AM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Astner
And don't get me started on the supposed differences in red- and yellow sunlight, and Kryptonite.

In the Comics this has more to do with the nature of the DCU, the "Godwave", and how it's supernatural nature has effected the cosmic community. Especially earth. However, Krypton is a world unlike any that could exist in the real cosmos. It's citizens possessed the greatest scientific understanding in the DCU yet they couldn't figure out a way to achieve escape velocity which, on that planet, was greater than that which could resist the pull of a neutron star.

It's the star's age, not the color, that transforms Kryptonian atoms as well as everything else from that world.

---
(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by KillaKassara on Mar 14th, 2013 at 07:13 AM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 07:03 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Supra
The Batman movies are just as unreal as a superman movie. Never in a million years will we have a billionaire playboy running around the city with high tech weapons.
Just as unreal? A billionaire playboy as a masked vigilante with high tech weapons is entirely possible (if unlikely for various reasons). Less likely, bordering on unreal: that he can maintain a high degree of athleticism over many, many years. Virtually impossible: an alien that looks so human no one can tell the difference until the alien flexes his muscles, leaps and doesn't come down, or stares at something and it bursts into flames.

Perhaps I should have said: Batman requires far less suspension of disbelief.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 11:25 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindship
Just as unreal? A billionaire playboy as a masked vigilante with high tech weapons is entirely possible (if unlikely for various reasons). Less likely, bordering on unreal: that he can maintain a high degree of athleticism over many, many years. Virtually impossible: an alien that looks so human no one can tell the difference until the alien flexes his muscles, leaps and doesn't come down, or stares at something and it bursts into flames.

Perhaps I should have said: Batman requires far less suspension of disbelief.

I guess I see it different. I go to see movies to escape the boring aspects of life, work/bills/responsibilities. So for me I don't have a problem trying to believe or not believe movies. They are movies, thats why we have them, they can do the impossible and make it look real.

We I see batman yea it looks cool and all the gadgets and weapons seem more real then say superman. But I really don't compare the two as far as realism..They both are not real and however they are both really cool movies.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 10:00 PM
Supra is currently offline Click here to Send Supra a Private Message Find more posts by Supra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's the other thing.

Men are programmed to survive, no matter how many injures a man sustains, broken bones, torn connective tissues, brain damage, damage to retinal tissue and eardrums, lung damage, dislocations, compound fractures, hernias, lacerations, puncture wounds, organ damage, 3rd degree burns, toxins the effect the immune system, psychological damage from chronic physical trauma: anything short of amputation - if he can recover; even if not optimally, he can be in better shape than ever well into his late forties through living in that survival setting. Especially with what kind of surgical and medical care, nutrition, protein supplements, weight equipment, and all types of therapies, treatments and what have you that a billionaire would have access to. Being a physical beast despite years of trauma is so much more realistic than a billionaire putting himself through that....especially considering this isn't a sport, it's mortal combat. No one can come out on top of a life or death fight like an old man with experience, he'll find a way to take you out before you can say ow without even getting physical.

---

Last edited by KillaKassara on Mar 14th, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 10:47 PM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Dolos, why is that gif in your post?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 11:06 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
Dolos, why is that gif in your post?

I was using it as a sig. Couldn't make it a sig because it was 2.6 megabytes.

So I finally got tired of posting it and got a normal sig.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 11:30 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Ah, okay. Thanks.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 11:30 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by Dolos
I was using it as a sig. Couldn't make it a sig because it was 2.6 megabytes.

So I finally got tired of posting it and got a normal sig.

Making animated gifs of less than 50 kb at 540 pixels by 150 pixels for a Sig is really tricky.

You need to use like only 5 frames and reduce the color palette at 32 colors. photo gifs will use more memory than drawing gifs

I was actually trying to make this into a sig, but after the color reduction and the frame reduction, it does not looks good.

If there was a way to paste a gif from a hosting website like photobucket, it might work.

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2013 04:19 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Making animated gifs of less than 50 kb at 540 pixels by 150 pixels for a Sig is really tricky.

You need to use like only 5 frames and reduce the color palette at 32 colors. photo gifs will use more memory than drawing gifs

I was actually trying to make this into a sig, but after the color reduction and the frame reduction, it does not looks good.

If there was a way to paste a gif from a hosting website like photobucket, it might work.

That would have been one badass gif.

I think why Superman landed so rough was because the Kryptonite was effecting his flight. He pretty much dropped from a very fast acceleration into a faster free-fall, losing his super strength his legs still broke the ground before his knees even buckled.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Mar 15th, 2013 05:56 AM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

He should have done a better landing.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2013 02:03 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Supra
He should have done a better landing.

It kinda just shows the immense power he has, when he loses control of it and causes collateral damage. That's what I look forward to in Man of Steel during his fights with the Kryptonians.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2013 02:14 AM
Supra
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wish we had some previews of that

Old Post Apr 4th, 2013 03:42 AM
AmbientFire

Originally posted by Dolos
That would have been one badass gif.

I think why Superman landed so rough was because the Kryptonite was effecting his flight. He pretty much dropped from a very fast acceleration into a faster free-fall, losing his super strength his legs still broke the ground before his knees even buckled.

I honestly thought he landed that way cuz he was pissed off - sort of an arial version of slamming a glass really hard to make a point.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2013 11:53 PM
AmbientFire is currently offline Click here to Send AmbientFire a Private Message Find more posts by AmbientFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote