KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Lobo (Non toon force) vs Nefaria

Lobo (Non toon force) vs Nefaria
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Nefaria hasn't been his best under Bendis, but then again Lobo has had much worse showings than Nefaria.

(please log in to view the image)

Worse then that?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 01:23 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

@Rage wat up brah! Hey, Lobo is plenty strong, don't let some of his lower showings fool you, he has kicked his way through 1000 meters of solid rock in about an hour. It took Cain longer to get himself out from under a mountain so...

In DC's Who's Who, it stated that Lobo was one of the most powerful creatures in the known universe, and that he is so strong that he could use a semi tractor trailer like a baseball bat. I'm thinking that's pretty strong.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 02:08 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by cdtm

Worse then that?

Unfortunatly......yes.

And the worst part about all that crap is that right there at the end of the last Pre DCU reboot. They were actually starting to make LOBO COOL AGAIN!!

ARRRGGHHH I hate DC.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 02:15 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DTM

Originally posted by Stoic
JL Europe had Captain Atom, Martian Manhunter, Guy Gardener and a few other powerhouses. They weren't weak. The reason why Nefaria wouldn't beat Lobo, is because Lobo doesn't fight fair. He'd punch him in the nutz and while the Count was winded, he'd kick his teeth in. Lobo would do just as well against that Avengers team as Nefaria did. Don't get me started on the beating that he'd give Simon.

Nefarias inexperience would cost him, granted, but to me the power level Nefaria possessed there in that outing was certainly above what Ive seen Lobo at. No way Lobo is catching Mjolnir mid-swing, or letting it bounce off his chest unhurt. Nefarias doubts and inexperience with his powers are the only reason he didnt defeat the Avengers.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 07:47 AM
DTM is currently offline Click here to Send DTM a Private Message Find more posts by DTM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DTM
or letting it bounce off his chest unhurt.

That was a cover. Never happened in the story.

Lobo's manhandled characters about as powerful as anyone in that Avengers lineup, at least on an individual basis. Devilance the Pursuer alone, that bounty hunter Lobo tore apart in Countdown to Final Crisis, was a Forever People and Infinity Man threat, and you know how powerful Infinity Man is. (Basically he's usually portrayed as at least a step up from Superman/Captain Marvel level.)

Maybe his lows are pretty low, but his highs are pretty high too.. On average, I'd give him halfway decent odds of matching Nefaria's performance against that entire Avengers lineup, Thor included.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Mar 28th, 2013 at 09:41 AM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 09:27 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by DTM
Nefarias inexperience would cost him, granted, but to me the power level Nefaria possessed there in that outing was certainly above what Ive seen Lobo at. No way Lobo is catching Mjolnir mid-swing, or letting it bounce off his chest unhurt. Nefarias doubts and inexperience with his powers are the only reason he didnt defeat the Avengers.

Did you know that in their first meeting, Lobo beat Superman so badly that had he have been sober he wouldn't have forgotten what he was supposed to do, and he would have actually killed Superman. Nefaria would surely knock Lobo around, but he wouldn't be able to stop him, and while Lobo would heal near instantaneous, the Count wouldn't.

When Superman hit him with a dose of heat rays, Lobo laughed at him. Then he proceeded to beat the life out of him. IMO that was Lobo's best showing ever.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 09:47 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

How accurate is that above pic with wolvie cutting the guy up with currant Nef standards. Cause if its currant LOBO going to town with Mr.Hooky would be even more devestating

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 05:54 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DTM

Originally posted by Stoic
Did you know that in their first meeting, Lobo beat Superman so badly that had he have been sober he wouldn't have forgotten what he was supposed to do, and he would have actually killed Superman. Nefaria would surely knock Lobo around, but he wouldn't be able to stop him, and while Lobo would heal near instantaneous, the Count wouldn't.

When Superman hit him with a dose of heat rays, Lobo laughed at him. Then he proceeded to beat the life out of him. IMO that was Lobo's best showing ever.

Yep, I have that comic, I also know that Superman had no idea who Lobo was or what he could do (the same was not so in return), and by the time he realized that Lobo was there to fight, and how strong her was, Lobo actually having kryptonite from the Fortress then as well, it was too late. That first Superman / Lobo meeting is HARDLY a good case for how powerful Lobo is, as its HEAVILY favored for Lobo and against Superman. Superman has fought Lobo many times since (sometimes Lobo and others combined), and Superman does just fine against him, to say the least.

Lobo and Thor are a good match, as would Lobo and Hulk, but Nefaria was a step above, and if his mind was in the right place, and he had experience with his powers, Classic Nefaria would have beaten the Avengers, and certainly Lobo as well, IMO.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2013 09:53 PM
DTM is currently offline Click here to Send DTM a Private Message Find more posts by DTM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Lobo wins due to his insane HF. The fight from AOS 464 was retconned in DC First: Superman & Lobo by none other than Lobo's creator Keith Giffen and he had superman kick Lobo's ass throughout the whole comic though.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2013 01:53 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Technically LOBO getting a "HF" is really a rather recent addition to HIS power set. At first HE just seemed to be very tough with that mysteriousl Wonder Woman type level of durability.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 12:17 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Technically LOBO getting a "HF" is really a rather recent addition to HIS power set. At first HE just seemed to be very tough with that mysteriousl Wonder Woman type level of durability.

The Lobo/Mask crossover in 1997 had the HF in full effect. His early 1990's fights with Superman, Mon El, Captain Marvel, Barda, Gardner, and even Despero had him just being that tough though. Even as a kid, it's hard not to notice that Lobo laughing off high end bricks best attacks happened so often, that he was like DC's version of The Undertaker.. Even when Superman was amped and knocking Lobo through an alien ship in orbit, Lobo wasn't registering pain at all and having completely coherent thoughts as he was launched.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 01:03 AM
Flyattractor

That and I would think it would be kinda logical for HIM,and the other czarnians to have some kind of HF if they have that Instant Clonenal Replacement Blood thing/

I mean 1 paper cut and there could be like 30 extra copies of YOU running around.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2013 01:28 AM
MrMind

lobo

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 01:06 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote