KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » He-Man and Friends Invade DC Universe This Fall

He-Man and Friends Invade DC Universe This Fall
Started by: Adam_PoE

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dmills
Centurion Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
It was great as a kid but yes rewatching some of it now really demonstrates it targeted very young kids.

LOve Skeletor to this day from the 80's toon. Far better than Hordak.

Yeah. I was never into Hordak. But that may only be because I thought She-ra sucked ass.

Old Post May 22nd, 2013 03:42 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by dmills
Yeah. I was never into Hordak. But that may only be because I thought She-ra sucked ass.
I liked Hordak he was my second fave but no one came close to Alan Oppenheimers Skeletor.

Old Post May 22nd, 2013 05:44 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by abhilegend
It is canon to wildstorm though.

Never said otherwise. Majestic got punked by a reality-warper's idea of Superman. I'd expect the same with most 14-year-old Superman fans if they had the power to do so.

That's just your opinion. You'll be surprised how many majestic or thor fans are out there.

We're from the internet, and frequent fan boards. Neither of our personal opinions count for much. I'm talking about sales, notoriety, etc. My mom knows Thor. Knew him before the movies, and not just because her son's a nerd. My nephew is the next generation comics will be pandering to. He's 5. He already has a plastic Mjolnir. Point is, I doubt I'd be surprised at all.

Not exactly. You'd be wrong then. Its a central theme of his character since golden age. He is a measure of strength long before He-man was little else than a concept. I don't know about that. Pr is too modest about superman's capabilities.

Superman is a symbol, he's a character. What he actually stands for is about so much more than just his power set. Is he really just a buff boyscout to you? I understand what you're saying, but it wouldn't undermine anything to have someone beat him, or even be stronger than him. He has been beaten before, plenty of times. It's rare, especially in strength, but if that's what you care about with him, you're missing the point.

Originally posted by dmills

She sucked something. In my dreams.

Wait, I was a kid. I'm lying.

I feel dirty.

no expression

Last edited by Digi on May 29th, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Old Post May 29th, 2013 12:09 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Superman losing to He-Man wouldn't undermine the character, imo. Superman's shtick is that he's the strong/powerful guy of his company, so if it's a test of strength, then He-Man probably shouldn't win (a stalemate would be fine though). With some element of magic involved, it would probably be more easily excused. Or even have them fight more than once, and have each one pull wins from the other to even it up.

And anyone who seriously thinks I downplay Superman is going to get a rude awakening if they read the submissions I'm making to the writing tournament when they're put up.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 29th, 2013 02:03 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Given He-Man's power source I don't think him being able to match or beat Superman should be scene as a negative. He's like PC Captain Marvel sans flight, but with a bad ass pet Sabre-tooth Tiger-Dragon and magic sword.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jun 1st, 2013 06:39 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I have always felt like He Man is stronger than Superman, personally.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2013 02:19 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Nobody read this? It was decent. Nice to see Black Alice working for Skeletor. And cool to see John Constatine in the story.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 8th, 2013 01:01 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The art looks great. Might have to pick this up.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2013 02:19 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by quanchi112
when He Man matches him.

Well, that was definitely worthy of an understatement of the year award.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2013 07:01 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Old Post Jan 11th, 2015 06:55 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old news. stick out tongue

Also, that didn't end up being the real Superman, unfortunately.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 11th, 2015 07:01 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Magic + Adam's strength + Sword of Power = a not implausible outcome if that were to happen. But yeah, not canon for Big Blue.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 12:16 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote