KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Bane (DoE) vs Anakin Skywalker (RotS)

Darth Bane (DoE) vs Anakin Skywalker (RotS)
Started by: NewGuy01

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yes, as I said to Intrepid, I know that. But he wasn't holding back in RoT against her. You could interpret it that way if you twisted it, but it doesn't actual say that. It says that he's flat out faster than she could imagine. Period. Not out of the orbalisks or at his age, can't imagine it period. She can imagine him being that fast because she's already seen him be that fast. If you've seen something you can imagine it. Bane has to be faster than then for it to be unimaginable to her.

Its also right there: He was faster than she could ever have imagined.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jul 9th, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 10:34 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Except we already know that Bane is, in fact, slower than he was in the past. Thus logic dictates that my interpretation is the more probable one. It clearly means that Bane was faster than she could have ever imagined in his aged, non-orbalisked condition.

thumb up

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 12:11 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

laughing Okay, whatever you need to say to get away with your dignity I guess.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 12:18 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

The fact that you, of all people, are not pushing this for Bane, of all people, is proof enough that resuscitating your "argument" is beyond even all your powers of moronic bullshit.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 12:24 AM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

True, it would be better for Bane if he was actually faster than his DoE self in RoT. That would be crazy fast.

Unfortunately thats not really true, and unlike some people I actually care about the truth rather than just what makes my characters look better.

You see this Tempest? Its called 'Integrety'. Better take some ****ing notes assh*le.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 12:29 AM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Nor did Harths, which took place on Nal Hutta. smile

Actually, Zannah describes it as this:

At the back of the library was a nondescript door; beyond it, Zannah could sense the power of the dark side. It called out to her, like the vibrations of a churning engine thrumming through the floor. Approaching carefully, she felt the power grow. It wasn't coming from any person or creature; she knew the sensation of a living being attuned to the Force. This was different. It reminded her of the invisible pulses of energy she had felt emanating from the Force crystals she had used to construct her lightsaber.

-Dynasty of Evil

No.

Good to see that you concede that, without nexus', Bane hasn't anything on Maul in terms of power.

It really doesn't suggest that to me. That he gathered the Force and prepared himself doesn't imply that either. I'm not just saying this because we're debating, but I think you're way of base here.

Seems so to me. Either way, that's speculation and I'm not gonna pass my interpretation off as canon.

What your brain tells you contradicts the text. If anything this only makes Zannahs defense even more impressive, since she can defend against someone so faster than her. Even if Maul has an advantage in speed, it seems to me that it wouldn't matter against her.

Agreed with your last sentence.

DoE Bane is canonically faster than RoT Bane. Suck it.

Canonically, he's a fraction slower than he had once been.

All very impressive, but not... as fast... as Bane. wink

Sure it is.

Really?

Yep.

The two droids fired at Obi-Wan, but he batted their fired energy bolts back at them and cut them down as he moved fast for Dooku. Unfortunately, Dooku moved faster, extending his left hand toward Obi-Wan as he used the Force to lift the Jedi off his feet while at the same time constricting his throat.

-The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader

Really?

Yep.

But Obi-Wan, while not so experienced as Qui-Gon, was quicker. Anticipating each blow, he was able to elude his antagonist's efforts to bring him down.

-The Phantom Menace

You're not aware of the circumstances of his fight with Sidious? You never actually bothered to read to passage you're trumpeting? You can read it here if you want. To summerise though: Maul was hunted for a month by assassins droids. He was starving, weak and thin, almost insane and wounded by a blaster shot to his thigh. The wound festered. By the time Sidious arrived he was so far gone he was certain he was going to die and convinced that he was hallucinating.

Tell me again how extremely fast he is though. wink

rofl

Get your facts right. When Maul couldn't track Sidious' blade, it wasn't after starving for a month... it was after a training section:

The lightsaber whirls in the air, twirling, held in my Master's hand. I can't track it, it moves so fast. But I know it's heading for me.

Lord Sidious moves faster than my eye can follow. I smell heat and smoke. The laser traces the outline of my body, my face, my hands. The buzz is loud in my ear. One flinch, one involuntary twitch of a muscle, and I am dead.

I do not flinch.

At last, Lord Sidious deactivates my weapon. He tosses it toward me. The sweat on my palm almost causes me to drop it.

-Episode I Journal: Darth Maul

Haha, no. You're the one claiming that Bane was amped by a Force Nexus. So you should prove that he was. And then that there even was a Force Nexus.

Is it not obvious that, when a planet feels strong with the dark side, that it is a nexus?

'Almost conclusively' is almost certainly good enough. The quote is 'faster than she could ever have imagined'. She certainly could imagine him as being as fast as he was in RoT simply by remembering it. If you really want to go this route I'll amend my statement to it completely conclusively proving it.

That has nothing to do with it. We know for a fact that DoE Bane is slower than once. She never imagined him to be as fast because he'd held back in his training sessions... is that so hard to grasp?

Fast enough to be winning the fight despite this. Fast enough to move quick enough so that no-one could even see his attacks in his duel with Sirak. Even as an untrained Force Sensitive he could move fast enough for time to slow down and shoot 8 soldiers in 3 seconds. But even so, he was certainly at least twice as quick as normal man.

haha. Maul has moved ''easily five times faster'' than a normal human: Bane moving twice as fast as a human is not as impressive, neither is his other feats you mentioned.

Yoda was drawn with 6 blades so Kasi'm, even if you half his own number of lightsabers because he was dual wielding, still likely equals or surpasses Yoda's feat there.

Again, nexus and with double the blades, both increasing the amount of afterimages he'd make.

[B(please log in to view the image) : NON-CAAAAAAAAAANON!!!!!!!!!

Also that doesn't really make sense since Anakin = Dooku in speed and Yoda isn't high enough above Dooku that he's invisible to him. [/B]

Anakin is faster than Dooku, and Yoda is faster than Anakin. By much? No, but it's still a difference.

Being faster than Anakin puts Yoda tiers above Bane in terms of speed.

When you assume you make an ass out of u and me.

The TMP was broken up by moments of non-action. The actual fight is about 3 minutes not counting these. Besides which is the fact that he's undoubtedly moving faster than our perception of events, meaning that its likely to be much, much shorter than his training session.

Answer honestly: do you really think Maul produced ten thousands of lunges in his fight in TPM? Against Anoon Bondara or his apprentice?

According to Kas'im the number one, absolute most important aspect of lightsaber fighting is Force Strength. And how exactly is her being 'extremely swift' not to do with her speed?

Might have missed your point. You just said she had impressive defensive qualities.

Weaker than he was once was, not that he once was in RoT. He could be weaker than he once was some time after RoT and still be more powerful than he once was in RoT.

Except we know nothing of Bane's power inbetween DoE and RoT and it'd be ridiculous for Karpyshan to refer to such a period because of just that: our lack of knowledge of it.

Since Bane is a better lightsaber duelist than Maul, its an easy conclusion to come to.

Except Bane isn't a better duelist than Maul. Bane lost to Kas'im, was winning against Zannah and, if I recall so, was losing against the Jedi in RoT. Maul has beaten Jinn, Bondara, Kenobi, Bondara's padawan (forgot name) and random Jedi in Sith Hunters.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 07:15 AM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are you suggesting that she's worse with TK as a fully trained Sith Lord than as a child who didn't even know she was Force Sensitive?

Seems like some kind of tap into potential.

And yet common-consensus is that Obi-Wan is his superior or equal. So how is Maul going to defeat someone much more powerful than Obi-Wan with similar defense?

The common conclusion os made by Obi-Wan fanboys who ignore context of their fights. Really, Maul has already defeated him in Season 4 final and then fought him equally (while not ready and holding back) in Season 5.

He lacks the physical strength to wear her down and the speed to penetrate her defenses. She will.

Yeah, no. Maul has survived a month fighting assassin droids with no food or water, still being strong enough to attempt defeating Sidious afterwards.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 07:20 AM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steveholt956
Restricted

Account Restricted

Still loving the "maul is superior" argument, it's hilarious. Keep it up intrepid.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 10:42 AM
Click here to Send steveholt956 a Private Message Find more posts by steveholt956 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Keep your ignorant comments for yourself.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 10:45 AM
steveholt956
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, my comments are pretty universal. Like I said, keep it up.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 10:46 AM
Click here to Send steveholt956 a Private Message Find more posts by steveholt956 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your comments are pretty stupid.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 10:47 AM
steveholt956
Restricted

Account Restricted

Didn't know factual comments can be stupid but hey, more power to you champ.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 10:49 AM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your stupidity is factual, so yeah.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 10:50 AM
steveholt956
Restricted

Account Restricted

love you!<3

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 10:55 AM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Likewise.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 10:55 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Huh, I never noticed this before:

'The Force itself roiled and burst and crashed around them, boiling with power and lightspeed ricochets of lethal intent. And it was darkening.'

Thank god that bit is non-canon because Palpatine and Mace fighting at lightspeed is pants on head retarded. Although its actually in the Force so what even is happening I dunno?

Last edited by Nephthys on Jul 10th, 2013 at 02:52 PM

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 02:48 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

(please log in to view the image)

Hmmmm, 'a call to the Force summons an exponential flood.'

Edit:

Oh hey:

The Lusankya—a Super Star Destroyer eight kilometers length—laid waste to the area beneath which it had lain buried for years. Green turbolaser bolts pounded the cityscape, freeing the ship from the ferrocrete and transparisteel prison in which it had laired. Wedge knew Super Star Destroyers had only come into service after the Battle of Yavin, which meant the Lusankya had to have been created and hidden on Coruscant before the battle of Endor. Unless the constructor droids just built it there, then built over it. The idea that a hundred-square-kilometer area of the planet could have been razed and rebuilt to hide a Super Star Destroyer seemed beyond belief, especially with no one noticing the ship's insertion into the hole. Could the Emperor's power through the dark side of the Force have been sufficient to compel thousands or millions of people to forget having seen the Lusankya being buried? As hideous as that idea seemed, Wedge hoped it was the truth. The likely alternative—that the Emperor had ordered the deaths of all the witnesses—seemed that much more horrible.

--Taken from

X-Wing: Krytos Trap

So it isn't actually fact that Palpatine erased those peoples minds huh? Apparantly its not even likely. Interesting that Gideon never mentioned that whenever he brought the feat up.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jul 10th, 2013 at 03:09 PM

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 03:05 PM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

See? You think that Mace/Sidious fighting at lightspeed is retarded... as do I think about Bane's rain-feat.

Edit: Also, where's the quote from?

Last edited by Intrepid37 on Jul 10th, 2013 at 03:49 PM

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 03:47 PM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just seen that it's from RotS.

lol

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 03:57 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Intrepid37
See? You think that Mace/Sidious fighting at lightspeed is retarded... as do I think about Bane's rain-feat.

Edit: Also, where's the quote from?

Mace and Sidious being that fast is retarded. Other Force Users have demonstrated that the gap between them and regular people is not so vast. Maul for instance dueled evenly with Vizla, who is peak human at best. Regular people defeat Jedi hundreds of times in the mythos. There are countless other instances of Jedi being sub-supersonic in terms of speed. If Mace and Sidious are that fast they would be hundreds of thousands of times faster than regular Jedi.

That gap in speed is retarded.

Bane's speed is tame in comparison and perfectly acceptable as him being just extremely high-end in terms of speed.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 04:11 PM