KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Originals (TV Series)

The Originals (TV Series)
Started by: Rikudo sennin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The_Tempest

Glad my sexy hunk of man is back in action. Marcel is a fairly cool villain, but not threatening enough.

lol @ the writers for trying to convince me that Marcel was going to accomplish anything duking it out with Klaus. I think Elijah saved him from a quick and embarrassing demise.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2013 12:51 AM
The_Tempest is currently offline Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
So, Michael Trevino recently confirmed that Tyler will soon show up on The Originals.

@Mindset: It was a good ride while it lasted. With the introduction of the lamest VD character in this show, it's all going to be downhill from there on.
I'll reserve judgement.

He may be killed quickly.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Nov 4th, 2013 05:21 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Mindset
I'll reserve judgement.

He may be killed quickly.

Doubt it. Julie doesn't hate the character that much.

I hope I am wrong on this, but Tyler being the most worthless character might put a dent on the better quality that the show has been possessed of recently.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2013 06:50 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by The_Tempest
lol @ the writers for trying to convince me that Marcel was going to accomplish anything duking it out with Klaus. I think Elijah saved him from a quick and embarrassing demise.

Younger vampires are usually never afraid of challenging older vamps in the VDverse. Klaus isn't going to kill the guy that was like a son to him just because he was insolent.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2013 06:52 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Younger vampires are usually never afraid of challenging older vamps in the VDverse. Klaus isn't going to kill the guy that was like a son to him just because he was insolent.

I gather. But Marcel got up and was all like COME AT ME BRO; as though he'd stand a chance.

The writers are gonna have to raise the stakes (pun intended) to make the Originals vulnerable to the Big Bads, but I don't want the Originals nerfed to a degree that a relative neophyte can do anything more than die against them.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2013 05:39 PM
The_Tempest is currently offline Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

I gather. But Marcel got up and was all like COME AT ME BRO; as though he'd stand a chance.

The writers are gonna have to raise the stakes (pun intended) to make the Originals vulnerable to the Big Bads, but I don't want the Originals nerfed to a degree that a relative neophyte can do anything more than die against them.

As Elijah noted in the repeat pilot, Marcel had grown quite confident over the last century. Plus Marcel and Klaus are old buddies, and seeing how Klaus is, who knows the number of *friendly* brawls they may have gotten into before. It's not clear cut anyways, because vamps in this show have a (relatively speaking) human-level durability, so that even weak vamps like Stefan and Damon can snap an Original like Kol's neck, or Stefan can tackle Elijah down a bunch of stairs and Damon can push him back and stake him.

Not to mention that Marcel knows that Klaus would never kill him because of their previous relationship. I don't know why you're even complaining about that scene, seeing how Marcel got owned by both the Original Brothers in that instance, and just 2 scenes before Marcel was ready to run out off town with Davina and "buy forgiveness" from the Original siblings by leaving Elijah behind.

Last edited by TheGodKiller02 on Nov 4th, 2013 at 06:42 PM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2013 06:39 PM
The_Tempest

The problem is that Marcel was about to run willingly headlong into a fight with Klaus. If he snuck up behind Klaus and broke his neck, I'd understand. The Originals aren't infallible.

But Damon, consummate Original nerfer, was effortlessly pwned by Elijah when the latter was ready for him. If you want Marcel to be Batman or Jack Sparrow and fight dirty and achieve victory, I'm cool with that.

But to suggest he has a shot in hell in a straight up fist fight is pretty damn lame.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2013 07:59 PM
The_Tempest

The true Elijah is back, baby!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 6th, 2013 02:54 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

^And he's been getting a lot of hate lately for that "No one hurts my family" comment. The writers of this show may have tried to reinvent his Season 2 persona, but now it appears to backfiring in their face.
The problem is that Marcel was about to run willingly headlong into a fight with Klaus. If he snuck up behind Klaus and broke his neck, I'd understand. The Originals aren't infallible.

But Damon, consummate Original nerfer, was effortlessly pwned by Elijah when the latter was ready for him. If you want Marcel to be Batman or Jack Sparrow and fight dirty and achieve victory, I'm cool with that.

But to suggest he has a shot in hell in a straight up fist fight is pretty damn lame.

Marcel knows that neither Klaus nor Rebekah will ever kill him. We don't know about his relationship with Elijah, but we do know he has a lot of history with Klaus(father figure) and Rebekah(first love/jealous ex).

Him charging back at Klaus after getting super-punched is just the writers' way of showing how he's willing to stand up to Klaus' bullying ways. Again, he got owned by both originals in that scene, so I fail to see what's bothering you so much.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2013 02:56 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

@The_Tempest: The big fight on the next episode 2 weeks from now should further tell you that Marcel rushing towards Klaus means absolutely nothing whatsoever. Marcel is acutely aware of how much of a non-match he is for Klaus in terms of physical prowess. That doesn't stop him from standing up to his bullying ways.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2013 04:41 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Tyler's appearance isn't half as disappointing as I thought it would be initially. Let's hope that the writers don't get too carried away and end up putting Caroline as well on the show in any of the coming episodes.

On a sidenote, did I mention what a major b1tch a 2-week hiatus is?.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2013 01:37 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

last night's ep was very good.. Klaus is a beast...

good words by Marcel to Klaus, then Klaus to Elijah and Rebecca..

clearly The Originals and The Blacklist are this season best

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 27th, 2013 07:49 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rikudo sennin

Pretty good ep.

The fight scene was pretty badass.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2013 02:58 AM
Rikudo sennin is currently offline Click here to Send Rikudo sennin a Private Message Find more posts by Rikudo sennin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Very good episode. I like how it was different to what the previews made it out to be. I wanted black sideshow bob vampire to be one of the first to die. He always has a smug look even though he knows he is a lesser vampire than Klaus.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2013 11:52 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

I like Klaus a lot but the fact that Rebekah nor Elijah never put their foot down and actually hold him accountable for his shit is so terribly annoying.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2013 11:55 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

There's God...and then there's Klaus.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2013 10:05 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

gr8 show once more

Old Post Dec 4th, 2013 05:03 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

So, it was confirmed that he fought over a hundred vampires in episode 8. And Davina is going to face off with him again in the upcoming episode in Janurary.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2013 11:10 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Epicurus
So, it was confirmed that he fought over a hundred vampires in episode 8. And Davina is going to face off with him again in the upcoming episode in Janurary.

she will lose, nobody can stop Klaus except plot devices big grin

Old Post Dec 4th, 2013 07:02 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
she will lose, nobody can stop Klaus except plot devices big grin

It's retarded if they make him lose to her. IIRC, she only has 4 witches' worth of power, and per Celeste, it would take a hundred just to bring down pre-hybrid Klaus.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2013 07:03 PM