KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » UQ Holder Thread

UQ Holder Thread
Started by: Q99

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wakkawakkawakka

So I'm thinking about trying this again. I left of where Tota just got out of the cavern when first joining UQ Holder.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 01:30 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

We're still pretty clearly in the early parts, but we just had a pretty sweet fight resolve. You might like what you see.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 04:57 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

I certainly did. Though Fate's answer to Touta's question... it seems forced.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 02:46 PM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
So I'm thinking about trying this again. I left of where Tota just got out of the cavern when first joining UQ Holder.

You've been missing out, man. It honestly gets better with each chapter.

So Negi's still alive according to Fate. However, Touta's not about to let Fate "use him" so easily, especially after the revelation that he killed Touta's parents.

If Negi is still alive, I hope some other old faces like Rakan and Kotaro are still kicking around or if Negi got sealed somewhere, maybe they got sealed as well?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 03:26 PM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

In Rakan's case, he is most likely stuck in the magical world for now. As for Kotarou, I imagine that he is probably wandering the earth or something.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2014 06:18 AM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I'd think Rakan's dead of age. He's not immortal.

Kotaru... I guess he and Setsuna and Zazie aren't human so *may* be alive, but maybe not.

The one other most likely to be alive is Chachamaru.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2014 09:58 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

Possibly. But he's prone to ignoring the rules of nature, so we can't be sure just yet.

Agreed, though it does raise a few questions on why they're not part of UQ Holder then or at least affiliated with it in some way.

Possibly. Depends on whether or not she didn't get scrapped by someone.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2014 02:35 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Originally posted by Q99
I'd think Rakan's dead of age. He's not immortal.

Kotaru... I guess he and Setsuna and Zazie aren't human so *may* be alive, but maybe not.

The one other most likely to be alive is Chachamaru.

Shouldn't Tatsumiya and Sadie also be alive in this timeline?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2014 02:42 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

It did show them in the chapter 24 flashback...

Old Post Jul 20th, 2014 11:09 PM
Q99

Originally posted by danteiscool
[B]
Agreed, though it does raise a few questions on why they're not part of UQ Holder then or at least affiliated with it in some way.

I would think there's a distinction between simply long-lived species and full immortals.

quote:
Wakkawakkawakka

Shouldn't Tatsumiya and Sadie also be alive in this timeline?

Tatsumiya- Also possibly yes, depending on how her part demonness yes.

Sadie... I'm drawing a blank on that name.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 06:49 AM
wakkawakkawakka

Originally posted by Q99
I would think there's a distinction between simply long-lived species and full immortals.

Tatsumiya- Also possibly yes, depending on how her part demonness yes.

Sadie... I'm drawing a blank on that name.

I meant Zazie...stupid auto-correct.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2014 12:25 PM
wakkawakkawakka

So I finally got caught up on UQ Holder and I can say its a solid manga. Though I'm curious as to just how much power did Yukihime loose over the decade. I mean she was solidly stronger than Fate in Negima so what gives?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 12:46 AM
danteiscool

I thought about that too, though I do have another question: just how could Fate still seem to be inferior to her? Granted, this is Evangeline we're talking about, but as you said, she's seemed to have lost power over the many years while Fate's been presumably training and is more skilled and experienced than before. And during their fight, it still seemed like Yukihime still had the advantage...

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 02:32 AM
wakkawakkawakka

Well from what I remember, the Fate(s) don't really get power through training but we always knew this Fate was a cut above the others. Also while he was still inferior to Eva, she had to use ME which should be a convenience not a necessity for her.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 02:52 AM
Q99

Originally posted by danteiscool
I thought about that too, though I do have another question: just how could Fate still seem to be inferior to her? Granted, this is Evangeline we're talking about, but as you said, she's seemed to have lost power over the many years while Fate's been presumably training and is more skilled and experienced than before. And during their fight, it still seemed like Yukihime still had the advantage...

That's not the impression I got. Fate still seemed to think he'd win, just be in a shape so bad that he couldn't escape the other UQ Holders after.

So I'd say she went from a solid step or two higher than him, from above Rakan down to maybe where he was at the end of Negima, while he's increased some (probably at Rakan level now).

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 10:36 AM
danteiscool

Hmm I suppose so. Still I had this feeling that something was.... off.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 05:27 PM
Q99

So, thoughts on the murderer? I'm betting phasing powers- phase someone out the wall and let them drop...

Old Post Aug 18th, 2014 01:24 PM
danteiscool

Possibly. Or some form of intangibility. Unless he's got a real broken ability like minor reality warping or something.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2014 11:32 PM
Q99

Could be short-range teleportation that can be used to telefrag people...

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 11:47 PM
danteiscool

Hm, that actually never crossed my mind. Interesting idea there; can't recall ever seeing that done before in a manga.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 12:31 AM