KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Fallout 4

Fallout 4
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Warning Fallout 4

Yes! About time. Apparently, the next one is going to take place in a nuclear winter. Looking forward to this next-gen experience.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/217319...te_updated.html

Site Countdown

PWNT

Old Post Nov 25th, 2013 09:23 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

I don't see Obsidian's name on that. I am disappoint.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2013 10:03 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
I don't see Obsidian's name on that. I am disappoint.

It's by Bethesda...which clearly isn't a bad choice for a fallout game. But, yes, I liked NV more than 3.

Edit - I suspect that this game will be astoundingly awesome and delicious. Bethesda made Skyrim, man...Skyrim...

Old Post Nov 26th, 2013 03:42 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I felt Fallout 3 was a much better game than NV. Better quests and setting. I never finished NV but I did finish Fallout 3.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2013 04:07 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

And I felt NV was a far superior game to Fallout 3 AND Skyrim. So much better written, so much more interesting in terms of quests, factions and characters, just an all around incredible game.

No Obsidian is always bad news to me. sad

Old Post Nov 26th, 2013 04:21 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by Nephthys
And I felt NV was a far superior game to Fallout 3 AND Skyrim. So much better written, so much more interesting in terms of quests, factions and characters, just an all around incredible game.

No Obsidian is always bad news to me. sad

thumb up

Old Post Nov 26th, 2013 04:49 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I wouldn't say "far superior", but it was definitely superior. I had so much more fun in NV than Skyrim.

But Skyrim was still pretty kickass.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2013 04:58 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Damn straight. Skyrim was still a fun game, but as people say it was as wide as an ocean but deep as a puddle. The quests suuuuck, the factions were frankly dull, there was no-one interesting in the entire game and it just generally wasn't as good as NV. In the end I played a lot of Skyrim because there was a lot to do. But I played a lot of New Vegas because there was a lot I wanted to do. Beyond just completing quests for completions sake.

Though I will say that FO3 had some awesome atmosphere. God, remember the Dunwich Building? Fuuuuuck! And the beginning section was one of the best I've ever played. And then that first time you step into the Wasteland was so cool and had real impact. Definitely a good game. Its just that ultimately I didn't give a shit about anyone or anything in the entire game. Other than the dog, which lets be fair, its impossible not to get emotionally attached to dogs in games. >_<

Also I made an Abe Lincoln character in FO3 and ran around killing slavers with his hat and rifle which was pretty epic I must say.

Last edited by Nephthys on Nov 26th, 2013 at 05:17 AM

Old Post Nov 26th, 2013 05:11 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

FO3 really gave me no reason to have bonds with anyone but Dad, and that's it. Meanwhile, NV gives me all these people trying to make it, with dynamic personalities and social push-and-pull going on, etc. It was a well made game. I'm not saying Bethesda will make junk, but Obsidian ought to have exclusive rights to the writing at least.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2013 05:32 AM
dadudemon

Also I made an Abe Lincoln character in FO3 and ran around killing slavers with his hat and rifle which was pretty epic I must say.

Oh yeah, the Abe Lincoln repeater...dat accuracy. That was my favorite weapon in that game, by far. To be able to shoot where you aim seems like a no-brainer, right? WRONG! Fallout games like to add a dice-roll accuracy percentage to where you aim. sad

That's also why the YCS/186 was my favorite weapon in New Vegas: very powerful and very accurate...but still not spot on like Abe's repeater.

I hope the next game has a gun that has no spread (with the proper skill point investments (such as at least 75 points into guns)).

Old Post Nov 26th, 2013 06:36 PM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by Smasandian
I felt Fallout 3 was a much better game than NV. Better quests and setting. I never finished NV but I did finish Fallout 3.

Degenerates like you belong on a cross.

Howdy!

Old Post Nov 26th, 2013 07:41 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

You should screenie this stuff.

Originally posted by FinalAnswer

lmao.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2013 09:55 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
I loled

Unfortunately, I agree with him. Fallout 3 >>>> New Vegas. Skryim destroyed both at the same time though.

PWNT

Old Post Nov 27th, 2013 12:06 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I loled

Unfortunately, I agree with him. Fallout 3 >>>> New Vegas. Skryim destroyed both at the same time though.

Watch yourself profligate.

Howdy!

Old Post Nov 27th, 2013 12:18 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I loled

thumb up

Liberty Prime alone is better than the entirety of NV (or anything else in FO3 for that matter).

Old Post Nov 27th, 2013 01:05 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Boone >>>>>>>> Liberty Prime.

"You and I, we're just a couple of problem solvers."

Old Post Nov 27th, 2013 01:15 AM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Boone is a hardass.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2013 05:25 AM
NemeBro

Skyrim is better than New Vegas though.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2013 06:55 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by NemeBro

Nah.

But it's the difference between a game that I would rate a 9 versus a game I would rate an 8.5...

Old Post Nov 29th, 2013 06:26 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by NemeBro

In what ways?

Its excellent writing? Its engaging characters? Dragons? The deep themes? The well-designed quests? The interesting factions? The amazing gameplay? Dragons?

Last edited by Nephthys on Nov 29th, 2013 at 06:45 PM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2013 06:41 PM