KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Evolve

Evolve
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

We've gotten ripped off with this game through Steam here in Australia, ****en $80 or more.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 01:05 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, Canada does get a bit screwed with prices but that's ****ing crazy.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 03:03 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I watched the Angry Joe review and I'm surprised that he never mentioned Turtle Rock previous games.

Both Left 4 Dead's somehow did not have the issues he described. Maybe the AI Director was that important to that game....

Or maybe Turtle Rock leaving Valve stopped them from having that Valve magic.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 06:18 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 14th, 2015 at 08:08 AM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 08:06 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

That's gamer's for you these days.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 08:13 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Haha, they have no problem with Nvidia streaming games but always on is a no-no.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 09:03 PM
Impediment
Endless

So, does anyone have any new comments about this game? I want to play it, but I'm still leery that all this controversy about the DLC will affect the experience for me.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 6th, 2015 04:39 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Never played it.

From what I have heard is that it's a different version of Left 4 Dead but none of the cool elements that made those two games great.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2015 02:56 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Either this is a desperate attempt or the gaming community seriously helped made Evolve the new DOTA.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/ES...June-71511.html

Old Post Apr 25th, 2015 06:39 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Old Post May 18th, 2015 10:42 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

You did this, gamer community. Thanks to you, the threat of the precedent that free-to-plays will be a thing of the past exists. Let's beg companies to let us pay $60 for League of Legends/Killer Instinct while we're at it and get a handful of characters but still have to pay for the rest of the roster.

Old Post May 18th, 2015 11:09 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Having bought the game at a very, very low price, I can say without buyer remorse that I'm enjoying Evolve and loving the gameplay but would it have been worth the $60? Definitely not. While it's fun playing the badass monster and the hunts as team human can be exhilarating, not really enough content to justify its current price.

My advice: wait for a BIG price drop. Until then, go to your shelf and dust off your old Left 4 Dead copy and it's a better game anyway.
The community for the Xbox 360 version still thrives believe it or not.

Last edited by Nemesis X on May 31st, 2015 at 11:21 PM

Old Post May 31st, 2015 11:12 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Before the updates, this game was okay. Now it's a piece of unbalanced shit with barely a community (I keep running into the same people every day for god sakes) keeping it going.

I've dealt with so much bullshit from other multiplayer games but Evolve has reduced me to a cackling lunatic. So many updates left and right. Nerfs, buffs, lobby loadouts altering each month. These developers don't know what the **** they're doing.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 04:47 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Really, that's brutal. What a waste.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2015 06:41 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Just wanted to bump this to tell anyone with an Xbox One that the Evolve Ultimate Edition, the one with all the DLC, will be free to download for Gold members next month so if you were curious enough to try it without ever spending money, here's your chance.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2017 01:22 AM