KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Middle Earth: Shadow Of Mordor

Middle Earth: Shadow Of Mordor
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

This whole dominating and controlling minions buis doesn't remind anyone of Overlord II?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 09:00 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Not sure.

It looks like you won't be able to control massive amounts of minions like Overlord and it looks like Mordor is about infiltrating into the organization similar to a double agent kind of thing.

But I don't know. It might be but it doesn't look it would be.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2014 12:23 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

I had no idea how in depth they were going with this game! So excited

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03bw6-V_M3o

The AI is going to actually have a life of its own and go questing and ranking up. So if you do something that will cause someone to hold a vendetta then they could come back later in the game as a boss fight or a captain to destroy you for what you did.

And when you die everyone assumes you're dead. its not like coming back and replaying the same thing.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 05:21 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

There is supposed to be a live streaming on Ign now.
Bet its gonna be on youtube in a few hours.

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2014 07:18 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Yesterday's streaming...

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2014 01:22 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

I Just finished paying off both this game and Disney Infinity 2.0. I payed for both completely in game trades!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 06:17 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
I Just finished paying off both this game and Disney Infinity 2.0. I payed for both completely in game trades!

Great choices!
The release dates are really close now...happy

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 06:25 AM
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Estacado
Great choices!
The release dates are really close now...happy

lol yeah im getting so excited! There is only like a week between the release of those two games.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 03:34 PM
Estacado
Legendary

lol yeah im getting so excited! There is only like a week between the release of those two games.

Yeah!
Both should have extremly large open worlds.
Cant wait for Marvel but atm Shadow Of Mordor is on top of my 2014 most wanted games..stick out tongue

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 04:09 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

Yeah!
Both should have extremly large open worlds.
Cant wait for Marvel but atm Shadow Of Mordor is on top of my 2014 most wanted games..stick out tongue

lol yeah I agree! It makes me happy Arkham Knight was pushed back because even if I bought them both I would be so split on which to play!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 05:31 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Really wonder that how will the story tie into all this.

Hope you can give basic commands to the controlled guys some basic stuff like follow and attack would be enough for me.

It would be pretty cool if you could attack a warchief with multiple warchiefs not just 1 but I guess I have to wait for the game to come out to see what options we get to create our army.smile

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 05:50 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

Im really excited for the "living AI". Although, now that you mention it I would love to know more about the Army building features! Seems like they are sticking to the lore pretty well also!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 08:09 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Im really excited for the "living AI". Although, now that you mention it I would love to know more about the Army building features! Seems like they are sticking to the lore pretty well also!

Yeah its gonna be hard to decide whether to kill a warchief for a rune or to dominate them to increase your army.

Seems like its going to require a lot of skill to take over a fortress. Vids show 20+ urukhai and 3-4 warchiefs onscreen if you attack head on and raise an alarm but the more challenging these fights are the more "rewarding" the victory is.

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 09:55 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

Yeah its gonna be hard to decide whether to kill a warchief for a rune or to dominate them to increase your army.

Seems like its going to require a lot of skill to take over a fortress. Vids show 20+ urukhai and 3-4 warchiefs onscreen if you attack head on and raise an alarm but the more challenging these fights are the more "rewarding" the victory is.

I feel like my first play through there is going to be a lot of army building. There is a lot of stuff to do it seems. This game is probably going to be a heck of a time consumer.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 12:32 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Unfortunetly in the vid I posted above (Ign) they said there is no ng+ but if you beat the game you can carry on and dominate more uruk do sidemissons unlock secrets...etc.

Really wonder how large is the whole hierarchy iirc in the vid they also say that if you get killed by a random enemy(non warchief) it's possible for him to become a warchief so it seems like the hierarchy is a never ending cycle.

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 06:09 AM
BlackZero30x
Jack

That does suck but anything with free roam instantly has me hooked! lol This is one of those games that Im going to want to do everything. But yeah I really like what they did with "dying". They give promotions to the one that kills you...making them stronger and everyone just assumes you're dead. This really seems like its going to be a new breed in gaming. I was excited for War in the North but it didn't live up to expectations. This is a whole new ball game though.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 04:46 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 01:41 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

lol I will get it but not right away. Im not a fan of DLC being announced before a game releases.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 04:26 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

lol I will get it but not right away. Im not a fan of DLC being announced before a game releases.
Yeah. I hate it actually.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 04:35 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Devs said the Dark Ranger skin is actually Talion's final form.
Which is a preorder skin if you order from Gamestop.
Since it's in game stuff and not exclusive I dont get the point.

As for the dlc ,same here I rarely buy any but for this game Im gonna get them.
Still its d1ckery how they do all these things just to rip people off.

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2014 06:19 PM