KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Emperor Vitiate, Exar Kun and Darth Sidious Vs Revan,Luke Skywalker and Yoda

Emperor Vitiate, Exar Kun and Darth Sidious Vs Revan,Luke Skywalker and Yoda
Started by: Fated Xtasy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

He said he wasn't referring to Desann

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 07:01 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 07:01 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Ant is desperate

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 07:02 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Ant is desperate

I knew there was a reason I always liked you.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 07:03 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

You sure it wasn't because of my boyish charm?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 07:04 PM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Get a room before they have to lock the thread and call a cleaner.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 07:05 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

You sure it wasn't because of my boyish charm?

I like the girlish side of you better.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 07:05 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Ant is desperate

1. When I left SWF, you can't imagine how happy I was I wouldn't have to deal with you and Jack again. Imagine how heartbroken I am now.
2. What am I desperate about?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 07:09 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Desann fight:

Luke is the most inconsistent character in Star Wars.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 07:11 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
[b](please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 07:12 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I'm going to get a restraining order on you so you can't get as close as 5 topics from me. I swear.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 07:14 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

However, SWTOR(E) notes that Sith Emperor is a brilliant tactician as well.

Management role requires decent team-building and managing skills. In short, prerequisite.

Ok. Next time I want to beat a bunch of thugs on the street, I'll make sure I take my manager with me.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2014 08:50 AM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

lol

Old Post Apr 9th, 2014 05:21 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Arhael
Ok. Next time I want to beat a bunch of thugs on the street, I'll make sure I take my manager with me.

You should pay attention to entire point of mine instead of nitpicking within it for your amusement.

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Sith Emperor isn't a mindless being, he is calculative and practical.

Analogy: When Scourge backstabbed Meetra, this diverted Revan's attention and Sith Emperor immediately took advantage. He even pointed out to Scourge that his actions were less then satisfactory.

Sith Emperor held on to his thrown due to combination of his sheer brilliance and power. Expect Sith Emperor to be a good at teamwork.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2014 08:19 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

You should pay attention to entire point of mine instead of nitpicking within it for your amusement.

Can't follow your analogy. He didn't even see Meetra's lightsaber throw coming. With such lousy battle awareness he is more of a liability than help.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2014 10:01 AM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Can't follow your analogy. He didn't even see Meetra's lightsaber throw coming. With such lousy battle awareness he is more of a liability than help.

That analogy is the real thing; one Sith distracted Revan and the other Sith (Emperor) capitalized on the opportunity. This is good example of cooperation/teamwork.

As far as your argument is concerned, you overlooked some key facts:

1. Meetra was far from Emperor's position and busy with the Imperial Guard
2. Emperor was busy with Revan
3. Meetra's attack came as a surprise from such a distance while events were unfolding in the manner as they did

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Apr 11th, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2014 10:22 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

As far as your argument is concerned, you overlooked some key facts:

1. Meetra was far from Emperor's position and busy with the Imperial Guard
2. Emperor was busy with Revan
3. Meetra's attack came as a surprise from such a distance while events were unfolding in the manner as they did

These key points only enforce that while Vitiate focuses on one opponent, the other opponent can strike him down.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2014 10:58 AM
S_W_LeGenD

These key points only enforce that while Vitiate focuses on one opponent, the other opponent can strike him down.

Not so fast:

(please log in to view the image)

Sith Emperor can focus on multiple opponents and defeat them simultaneously if he wants to.

It is unwise of you to just consider the dynamics of encounter between Revan and Sith Emperor and make judgments about Sith Emperor from it. You are not focusing on the bigger picture.

If Sith Emperor was so easy to take down, he wouldn't have lasted so long as Emperor of a Sith Empire since some of his followers would just have ganged-up on him and usurped him from the throne.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Apr 11th, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2014 12:43 PM
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Not so fast:

(please log in to view the image)

Sith Emperor can focus on multiple opponents and defeat them simultaneously if he wants to.

It is unwise of you to just consider the dynamics of encounter between Revan and Sith Emperor and make judgments about Sith Emperor from it. You are not focusing on the bigger picture.

I don't see how attacking with lightning a group of Jedi standing in one place proves Vitiate's awareness of entire battle. It's just an AOE attack, it doesn't demonstrate good awareness during a fight.
In any case AOE is unwise. Vitiate will be lucky to overpower any single opponent with concentrated attack, spreading it on several opponents will reduce potency.

quote:
If Sith Emperor was so easy to take down, he wouldn't have lasted so long as Emperor of a Sith Empire since some of his followers would just have ganged-up on him and usurped him from the throne.

That does not prove anything.

But actually Jedi team has the same problem here. Revan demonstrated his incompetence, when instead of helping his team mates to quickly get read of guards, he bull-rushed Vitiate alone. On top of that we know that Vitiate can overpower Revan for sure. So unless Luke and Yoda can babysit Revan or boost him with battle meditation/battle-meld, it is a 2vs3 fight.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2014 02:24 PM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

According to George Lucas Luke is Sidious + Sidious. I'd put Sidious above Exar Kun so right there Luke defeats most of team one while Yoda and Revan battle the Sith Emperor. They may prevail on their own, given Yoda's immense power is approaching HoT but of course his advanced age and limited size is what got on his way with the equally powerful Sidious.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2014 05:02 PM
Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote