KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Battlezone! Round 1 Match 2: Darth Talon vs Asajj Ventress (S5)

The Battlezone! Round 1 Match 2: Darth Talon vs Asajj Ventress (S5)
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

Right, and what this shows is that Cade is a very good fighter and a badass.

What it doesn't show is how he compares as a duelist to the likes of Obi-Wan and Anakin. By extension, it doesn't show if Talon somewhat holding her own against him is impressive enough to lend credence to the idea that she could take a majority against Ventress.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 05:28 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Intrepid37
That was random.

Yeah, I feel like I must be missing something. wink

Luv u babe.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 05:31 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote:
Tzeentch

What it doesn't show is how he compares as a duelist to the likes of Obi-Wan and Anakin.

Cade's fought Krayt. Hett's fought both Obi-wan and Anakin in his youth. Though, granted, when Hett was much different than he'd get.

Comparison across eras already involve some uncertainty, but Legacy's got more direct comparisons than most.

quote:
By extension, it doesn't show if Talon somewhat holding her own against him is impressive enough to lend credence to the idea that she could take a majority against Ventress.

Mind, I'm mostly arguing for her on Force power, TK and lightning, not saber dueling skill. I do think Ventress holds the edge there.

That was random.

It turns out if you just say 'lol', people don't know what you're talking about.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 05:38 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Q99
It turns out if you just say 'lol', people don't know what you're talking about.

Stop posting about matters you don't know anything about, Q.

Which means, stop posting at all.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 05:41 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Rude.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 05:55 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Stop posting about matters you don't know anything about, Q.

Which means, stop posting at all.

Pretty standard, if someone says stuff you don't like, you throw a fit.

It'd help if you tried communicating and used your words in the first place, y'know?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 05:58 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by Q99
Mostly in force, not saber, and Cade is >>> Ventress in force.

Let's not go that far. Ventress' display of sheer raw power greatly exceeds that of Cade's. Their consistent showings with the force goes to Cade by a bit, however. Ventress has force blasted a mountain with enough force to cause a huge avalanche in one comic, and loses to Dooku just as easily as Cade loses to Krayt, which is a good direct comparison because the gap between Dooku and Krayt is pretty small.

The only thing Talon has on Ventress is lightning, which can be blocked. Ventress beats her pretty solidly; better saber feats and better force feats.

Last edited by Dominis on Apr 16th, 2014 at 07:13 PM

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 07:05 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Let's not go that far. Ventress' display of sheer raw power greatly exceeds that of Cade's.

Yeah, I don't see that. Cade is a Skywalker.

Their consistent showings with the force goes to Cade by a bit, however. Ventress has force blasted a mountain with enough force to cause a huge avalanche in one comic,

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Meh. Its not as if avalanches are that hard to cause.

The only thing Talon has on Ventress is lightning, which can be blocked. Ventress beats her pretty solidly; better saber feats and better force feats.

I'd put Talon ****ing up that floor on par with anything Ventress has done, barring her PMS-choking Obi-Wan and Anakin that one time.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 07:24 PM
Dominis

Originally posted by Nephthys
Yeah, I don't see that. Cade is a Skywalker.

What's your point? Ventress has went toe to toe with the Skywalker, who only ever beats her handily when he's in rage mode. Cade's best feat in rage mode doesn't even come close to that of Ventress', which is choking both Anakin and Obi Wan at the same time.

Meh. Its not as if avalanches are that hard to cause.

True, if the avalanche is already about to fall. Considering they were fighting on it while the troopers were firing their blasters and it didn't cause it to fall, it didn't seem as if it was going to fall anytime too soon until Ventress blasted it. So I'd say it would have required a great deal of force to cause it to fall.

I'd put Talon ****ing up that floor on par with anything Ventress has done, barring her PMS-choking Obi-Wan and Anakin that one time.

Yeah, like what?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 07:45 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

What's your point? Ventress has went toe to toe with the Skywalker, who only ever beats her handily when he's in rage mode. Cade's best feat in rage mode doesn't even come close to that of Ventress', which is choking both Anakin and Obi Wan at the same time.

That Cade obviously has vastly superior sheer raw power than Ventress. Ventress doing l33t stuff in uber-rage mode doesn't compare to what a Skywalker can do in the same state aka Zonakin and Zonluke. Theres no way Ventress has anywhere close to the raw power of a Skywalker.

True, if the avalanche is already about to fall. Considering they were fighting on it while the troopers were firing their blasters and it didn't cause it to fall, it didn't seem as if it was going to fall anytime too soon until Ventress blasted it. So I'd say it would have required a great deal of force to cause it to fall.

They were fighting under it. Idk, its not that impressive to me. Nowhere near Cade tanking that base explosion.

Yeah, like what?

What do you mean?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 08:07 PM
Dominis

That Cade obviously has vastly superior sheer raw power than Ventress. Ventress doing l33t stuff in uber-rage mode doesn't compare to what a Skywalker can do in the same state aka Zonakin and Zonluke. Theres no way Ventress has anywhere close to the raw power of a Skywalker.

Being a Skywalker doesn't mean you have the same potential as Anakin, let alone realized sheer raw power. Ventress "doing l33t stuff in uber-rage mode" isn't Ventress accessing an outside source of power, it's her using her own full raw power to it's full extent, which is something beyond anything Cade has done under similar circumstances. Cade may have greater potential than Ventress, but in terms of sheer raw power (full extent of power they're able to access at the time) Ventress has shown more. Potential and midi-chlorian count determines how powerful one can become in the future, but if they are not yet able to tap into that power then it doesn't yet belong to them, and is irrelevant for the time being.

They were fighting under it. Idk, its not that impressive to me. Nowhere near Cade tanking that base explosion.

It's pretty impressive to me. Tons of snow just resting up there, only to be brought down by a force blast. It must have been packed up there pretty tight considering the amount of snow/ice there was.

That wasn't TK cade used to block the explosion.

What do you mean?

What has Talon done to place her on Ventress' level?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 08:28 PM
Dominis

lol
I read this wrong. embarrasment

Do you have a scan of Talon's floor ripping feat? Or which comic it's in?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 08:36 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Q posted it here:

Originally posted by Q99
Cade and Talon's final duel. Look at that force TK- that was a flat stone floor right before.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 08:38 PM
Dominis

Impressive.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 08:54 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Being a Skywalker doesn't mean you have the same potential as Anakin, let alone realized sheer raw power. Ventress "doing l33t stuff in uber-rage mode" isn't Ventress accessing an outside source of power, it's her using her own full raw power to it's full extent, which is something beyond anything Cade has done under similar circumstances. Cade may have greater potential than Ventress, but in terms of sheer raw power (full extent of power they're able to access at the time) Ventress has shown more. Potential and midi-chlorian count determines how powerful one can become in the future, but if they are not yet able to tap into that power then it doesn't yet belong to them, and is irrelevant for the time being.

Yeah, but unless Cade had well less half of Anakins potential he's still got more than Ventress does. And I was talking about potential when I poke of sheer raw power, so I guess we're talking about two different things.

It's pretty impressive to me. Tons of snow just resting up there, only to be brought down by a force blast. It must have been packed up there pretty tight considering the amount of snow/ice there was.

That wasn't TK cade used to block the explosion.

~"Your gut says its good, my gut says its not! Why not put our guts together and end this funky feud!"~

Ahem. Well then I guess we should agree to disagree. I don't think its too impressive and you do but without more info or some hard SCIENCE! we're not gonna get anywhere here.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 08:54 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

So whats the consensus on this one?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 08:56 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ventress was also casually hurling tree branches.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 08:57 PM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Wow. Tree branches. Hark at the bigshot.

You know who else can throw tree branches? Me. no expression

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 08:58 PM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow. Tree branches. Hark at the bigshot.

You know who else can throw tree branches? Me. no expression

Trees weigh a lot. And you can't hurl them several meters through the air.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 08:59 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yeah I can. I love being STRONG. Do not doubt my STRONGNESS.

Originally posted by carthage
So whats the consensus on this one?

They seem pretty even to me. But I think most people will vote for Ventress simply because of exposure.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2014 11:42 PM