KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Top 10 Most Powerful Sith

Top 10 Most Powerful Sith
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (29): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Emperor is desperate

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 06:58 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Intrepid37
Non canon accolades are irrelevant to a respect thread.

Unless, of course, you want to deceive the reader into believing Bane is more powerful than he actually is, which wouldn't be out of the question, considering your history.

Try and get this through your head. I mentioned above that these types of quotes were hyperbolic when given to more than one person, but do still show the recipient is one of the top Sith, and I intend to state that very clearly in my respect thread. I would also include such an accolade for Plagueis if I ever make a respect thread for him in the future and I would do such a thing for any other character I make a respect thread for.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 06:59 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Try and get this through your head. I mentioned above that these types of quotes were hyperbolic when given to more than one person, but do still show the recipient is one of the top Sith, and I intend to state that very clearly in my respect thread. I would also include such an accolade for Plagueis if I ever make a respect thread for him in the future and I would do such a thing for any other character I make a respect thread for.

Plagueis's feats far outweigh Bane, one of your respect threads is not necessary, sir.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 07:00 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

So, clearly Plagueis is Bane's better.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 07:02 AM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

So, clearly Plagueis is Bane's better.

I don't quite see how this is a valid response to my post. I was civilly explaining my response to Bane's accolade and the fact that I'm not ignoring Plagueis's accolade, and you are just jumping off on various different tangents in an attempt to make me look like an ass.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 07:08 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't quite see how this is a valid response to my post. I was civilly explaining my response to Bane's accolade and the fact that I'm not ignoring Plagueis's accolade, and you are just jumping off on various different tangents in an attempt to make me look like an ass.

If you're not ignoring Plagueis' accolade, as you're claiming, then you have to rank him superior to Bane, which you don't.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 07:11 AM
Click here to Send Intrepid37 a Private Message Find more posts by Intrepid37 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

If you're not ignoring Plagueis' accolade, as you're claiming, then you have to rank him superior to Bane, which you don't.

And why on Earth would I have to do that when it's pretty much the same accolade?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 07:12 AM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

And why on Earth would I have to do that when it's pretty much the same accolade?

Because Plagueis' accolade is

a) referring to a Sith who lived a vast amount of years after Bane. If we're accepting both, it simply means that both of them were the most powerful until they died, which then means that Plagueis surpassed Bane.

Even if not, then

b) Plagueis' accolade is newer, and newer canon always takes priority.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 07:20 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

or...

c) both statements are slightly hyperbolic, but mark both of them as being among the very top dogs of the Sith.

and that one makes the most sense to me.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 07:34 AM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

or...

c) both statements are slightly hyperbolic, but mark both of them as being among the very top dogs of the Sith.

and that one makes the most sense to me.

Because it fits your bias best, bro.

Newer canon always overrides older canon, unless it's GL.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 07:39 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Because it fits your bias best, bro.

Newer canon always overrides older canon, unless it's GL.

Because Sidious is most powerful confirmed by G-canon, any other Sith's accolades wouldn't override eachother because Sidious's come out on top no matter what, and because some of these accolades have absolute time statements (ie. ever/of all time) it wouldn't be by an "up to their time" standard. Slight hyperbole is the only way everything makes sense.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 07:43 AM
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because Sidious is most powerful confirmed by G-canon, any other Sith's accolades wouldn't override eachother because Sidious's come out on top no matter what, and because some of these accolades have absolute time statements (ie. ever/of all time) it wouldn't be by an "up to their time" standard. Slight hyperbole is the only way everything makes sense.

Sidious being the most powerful is C-Canon, not G-Canon.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 08:25 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

quick thing guys - and pardon my ignorance, but didn't it say somewhere - I think it was lucas or an author, that palpatine couldn't beat plagueis in a lightsaber duel at the time he was his apprentice? so couldn't that mean that maybe palpatine's younger clone would be able to beat plagueis? and another thing since most people believe Bane can "stomp Vitiate who is now considered second only to sidious(or third to plagueis), and vitiate is considered to be able to defeat plagueis doesn't that mean that bane could defeat plagueis? considering so many believe Bane wins on sheer physical power? I honestly think Bane is SO overrated by his fanboys, awhile go some dumbass(on a long dead forum) said that bane would be able to beat Yoda AND sidious, which is completely and utter bullshit. it seriously just goes to show you how favoritism and fanboyism comes into play in VS and debate threads.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 04:49 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

What do you mean by "younger clone"?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 04:53 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
quick thing guys - and pardon my ignorance, but didn't it say somewhere - I think it was lucas or an author, that palpatine couldn't beat plagueis in a lightsaber duel at the time he was his apprentice? so couldn't that mean that maybe palpatine's younger clone would be able to beat plagueis? and another thing since most people believe Bane can "stomp Vitiate who is now considered second only to sidious(or third to plagueis), and vitiate is considered to be able to defeat plagueis doesn't that mean that bane could defeat plagueis? considering so many believe Bane wins on sheer physical power? I honestly think Bane is SO overrated by his fanboys, awhile go some dumbass(on a long dead forum) said that bane would be able to beat Yoda AND sidious, which is completely and utter bullshit. it seriously just goes to show you how favoritism and fanboyism comes into play in VS and debate threads.

Your posts are not exactly reasonable and/or convincing.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 04:55 PM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
What do you mean by "younger clone"?

Sorry, I meant the clone he transferred his essence into. I mean if palpatine was strong in his original body, he must certainly be stronger in a much younger body, right?

quote:
Your posts are not exactly reasonable and/or convincing

Perhaps, still I'm far more of a fair and unbiased debater than some people on here, at least I don't create on sided threads(I'm not accusing you), and if you want to bring up my Zayne Vs Barsen'thor thread I will gladly admit I was wrong and now have a broader perspective on the Barsen'thor, all thanks to Nephthys and her/his being able to put up with my foolish and stupid assumptions . Still I'm far more reasonable and civil than most people on here, at least I don't call people "shitheads" because their opinions differ from mine. For example while I am a "Revanite" and will be the first(or probably second if Ant is on) to jump to the defense of Revan's over all prowess and skill, however much like my good friend Ant I will also be the first(or second) to point some of Revan's major flaws, whether he's up against some strong foes like, Count Dooku, Yoda or Emperor palpatine or if going up against far less impressive foes like, Asajj Ventress, Qui-gon Jinn or Cin Drallig. I will be the first to point out both, Revan's and Drallig's skills, accolades and flaws and I will also be the first to say Revan couldn't not survive against Sidious or NJO Luke, so if you I'm unreasonable and/or unconvincing then that's your opinion and I respect it, but Im still far more civilized and reasonable than most people on here and no that's not me bragging that's fact.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 06:28 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Sorry, I meant the clone he transferred his essence into. I mean if palpatine was strong in his original body, he must certainly be stronger in a much younger body, right?

Perhaps, still I'm far more of a fair and unbiased debater than some people on here, at least I don't create on sided threads(I'm not accusing you), and if you want to bring up my Zayne Vs Barsen'thor thread I will gladly admit I was wrong and now have a broader perspective on the Barsen'thor, all thanks to Nephthys and her/his being able to put up with my foolish and stupid assumptions . Still I'm far more reasonable and civil than most people on here, at least I don't call people "shitheads" because their opinions differ from mine. For example while I am a "Revanite" and will be the first(or probably second if Ant is on) to jump to the defense of Revan's over all prowess and skill, however much like my good friend Ant I will also be the first(or second) to point some of Revan's major flaws, whether he's up against some strong foes like, Count Dooku, Yoda or Emperor palpatine or if going up against far less impressive foes like, Asajj Ventress, Qui-gon Jinn or Cin Drallig. I will be the first to point out both, Revan's and Drallig's skills, accolades and flaws and I will also be the first to say Revan couldn't not survive against Sidious or NJO Luke, so if you I'm unreasonable and/or unconvincing then that's your opinion and I respect it, but Im still far more civilized and reasonable than most people on here and no that's not me bragging that's fact.

Just means that everybody bar a few here are complete retards.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 06:37 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote:

You mean the clone he was able to create wormholes with? Of course. smile
quote:
Just means that everybody bar a few here are complete retards.

Jack shut up. Why do you feel the need to insult someone in every thread you enter?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 06:42 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Intrepid37
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 06:43 PM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
You mean the clone he was able to create wormholes with? Of course. smile

Jack shut up. Why do you feel the need to insult someone in every thread you enter?

just to get a rise out of all of us dude, all Jack wants is attention, it would be wise of us to ignore him. After all it is the only reason he keeps coming back. Just ignore him, remember. "DFTT- Don't. Feed. The. Troll".

Old Post Apr 21st, 2014 08:04 PM