KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Fargo

Fargo
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

Is fine.

But to me it fits right in with the way the Coens use to make movies. And this series is very much made in their spirit.

Same with the weird hair cut obsession by Hanzee.

Loved it, great series. Never realised until the end how it tied in with series 1.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2015 07:58 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, that was very clever how the finale tied-into the first season.

All in all this was a fantastic series/season. I prefer it to the first, tbh(which is saying something given how great the first season was.) thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 17th, 2015 12:09 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Loved S2 more than the first. Guessing they'll do a third due to popularity, but haven't checked.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 17th, 2015 04:29 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

S2 definitely is better than S1, which was darn near outstanding. Which makes S2 a super achievement.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2015 01:46 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Season 3 will air in 2017.

The third season will be set in 2010, four years after Season 1, but will not include any of the first season regulars as primary players in the action. “That’s not to say that one of our stories might not intersect with characters we’ve seen before for a certain period of time,” Hawley allowed.

As fans of the first season noted, the second season ends with Zahn McClarnon’s now-fugitive Hanzee assuming the new identity of Moses Tripoli. Mr. Tripoli was the mob boss who employed Sam Hess, the bully who pestered Martin Freeman’s Lester Nygaard in Season 1 that helped set off that chain of bloody events. Mr. Tripoli also had two henchmen, Mr. Wrench and Mr. Numbers — one who is hearing impaired just like one of the boys playing in the field the last time we see Hanzee at the end of Season 2.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/far...ley-1201662128/

Love all the little tie-ins. Brilliant writing.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2015 05:28 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Indeed. Three thumbs up!

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 04:04 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I would say- and I love Fargo immensely- I am not sure the Moses Tripoli tie-in entirely worked for me. I have difficulty connecting the two characters.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 06:03 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Why not?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 12:53 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Because they did not seem to be remotely comparable people. It's a very arbitrary connection.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 01:14 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

True, but hardly vital to the story, is it.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 04:25 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Not at all, no; it was just the one bit where I think they overeached a tad in connecting the two series.

I might also say that I think Betsy's refutation of Camus was useless- aside from anything else, Camus had children. But I am not sure if that was meant to be serious comment from the writers or if it is just the sort of thing we might expect Betsy to say. Regardless, her situation as much as anyone's in Fargo fairly much underlines the absurdity of life.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 1st, 2016 at 04:31 PM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 04:28 PM
queeq
Chaos

Oh absolutely.. absurdity is the name of the game here.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 04:53 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Going back to season 1, have to sort of agree with Ush, the Moses (old fat bald guy who was killed) we saw a peak of was not in line at all with Hanzee. Even if we take Hanzee's need of wanting to be "professional", it's still extreme in both looks and character.

Am wondering if there's going to be another twist concerning Hanzee in S3 now.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2016 05:33 PM
queeq
Chaos

Nope! S3 will be be taking place after series 1.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2016 07:18 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

The idea was that Hanzee was not really the Moses we saw killed in S1 and he's still out there, doing Hanzee stuff. But yeah, likely just a pipedream.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2016 09:15 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I did consider that but, leaving aside some narrative stroke of brilliance that I cannot foresee, I can't see how they would do that without it amounting to "What was the point of all that, then?"

It was just a link too far in the end, I think. He would have been perfectly good just as the guy who inspired Mr Numbers and Mr Wrench.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 4th, 2016 09:36 PM
queeq
Chaos

Well, isn't "What was the point of all that, then?" not a typical Coen theme? wink

Old Post Jan 5th, 2016 08:53 AM