KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » King Thor vs DBZ universe

King Thor vs DBZ universe
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
King Thor 12 52.17%
DBZ universe 11 47.83%
Total: 23 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

King Thor vs DBZ universe
Started by: Johncornwell

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 7 8 [9]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Carv, do you have a single thing in the entire movie that begins to support that little imagery?

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 05:29 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Aaaahhhhh. So that is why we see the devastation of a Galaxy? He might didn't completely destroy it but he damaged the hell out of one though. That can not be refuted.
Yes, it can be refuted, because nothing supports it. Heck, Goku traveled to one of the planets Broly had attacked in the south galaxy. All of the planet's inhabitants appeared to have been killed by the surface-level destruction Broly had caused to it, but the planet itself was still intact--as was a planet in the background/same general vicinity(see my previous post.) Point: Broly didn't even destroy the planets he personally visited.

Furthermore: restrained-SSJ Broly~base-level Goku. As of BoG, base-level Goku's PL <120m(ie. sub-Frieza-level)--and base-level Goku would've logically been even weaker during the Cell-era. This means restrained-SSJ Broly would have also been sub-Frieza-level by proxy. This is important because Frieza most certainly could NOT destroy a large percentage of a galaxy in one fell swoop, so why in the hell would I assume that restrained-SSJ Broly and/or base-level Goku could do so, given that they were both WEAKER than Frieza? Think.

Hell, even Super-Perfect Cell, with his gargantuan ego+SSJ2-esque power, only speculated that he could destroy a solar system... And even a solar system is several orders of magnitude smaller than a galaxy.
ie. SPC>>>>>>>Frieza~/>base-level Goku(Buu-era)>base-level Goku(Cell-era)~restrained-SSJ Broly.

...Yet the latter can somehow release galaxy-devastating attacks in your world? Lol.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 05:55 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

@ Galan...

I agree with your assessment of the showing, he didn't destroy "everything" but again, he devastated a Galaxy. I don't think you are getting what I mean by that. As shown in the vid, a good chunk of the Galaxy was destroyed. It was near untraceable. Some stars and planets did survive but again, the Galaxy itself was in ruins and he did it in one big swoop going by what was shown and how quick it disappeared. Just think of it like this...if Surfers blast takes out a planet but there is still rocks and stuff floating around, it is still considered a planet buster, at worst, the planet was in ruins. Some parts of it is still left but it doesn't take away from what he achieved. Broly at his weakest "ruined" a Galaxy in no time at all (as shown on the vid). At a higher rate of power, it's obvious he could achieve much more.

Also, iirc, in the Manga, didn't Goku and Vegeta compare Frieza to Buu when thy said Buu destroyed hundreds of planets and a Galaxy?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 07:01 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by BloodRain
Carv, do you have a single thing in the entire movie that begins to support that little imagery?

Yes, eyes and glasses Mr. Collateral damage.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 07:02 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

@ Galan...

I agree with your assessment of the showing, he didn't destroy "everything" but again, he devastated a Galaxy. I don't think you are getting what I mean by that. As shown in the vid, a good chunk of the Galaxy was destroyed. It was near untraceable. Some stars and planets did survive but again, the Galaxy itself was in ruins and he did it in one big swoop going by what was shown and how quick it disappeared. Just think of it like this...if Surfers blast takes out a planet but there is still rocks and stuff floating around, it is still considered a planet buster, at worst, the planet was in ruins. Some parts of it is still left but it doesn't take away from what he achieved. Broly at his weakest "ruined" a Galaxy in no time at all (as shown on the vid). At a higher rate of power, it's obvious he could achieve much more.
The opening sequence depicts the entire galaxy being erased in one fell swoop. That is not what happened, as apparent by the in-film evidence I have painstakingly broken down for you. I also wouldn't say the galaxy had been 'devastated'(as you claim) either--not based on what we saw, at least. A being WEAKER than Frieza(ie. restrained-SSJ Broly) simply does not operate on that scale. I think Broly destroyed a few planets, and *may* have *eventually* caused galactic 'devastation' IF left unchecked--the most canon Jap-dub of the opening sequences states as much. However, he was never left unchecked, was he?

Once you get that opening visual out of your head, and unbiasedly examine ALL the evidence at hand(if you're capable of such), you'll realize how ludicrous your opinion is. I say again: a being WEAKER than Frieza(ie. restrained-SSJ Broly) simply does not operate on that scale.

Also, iirc, in the Manga, didn't Goku and Vegeta compare Frieza to Buu when thy said Buu destroyed hundreds of planets and a Galaxy?
This was never stated in the manga. You're thinking of the anime.

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 12th, 2014 at 07:54 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 07:40 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

You're arguing with someone who has seriously argued that Freeza is a universe buster Galan.

Be aware of that.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 07:47 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by NemeBro
You're arguing with someone who has seriously argued that Freeza is a universe buster Galan.

Be aware of that.

Ty for the info. In that case, I'm done now. thumb up

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 07:53 PM
carver9

Originally posted by NemeBro

Be aware of that.

Don't lie on me. I said Frieza is a universal THREAT which was stated at least 6 times during his showing. Liar.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 08:13 PM
carver9

Originally posted by Galan007
The opening sequence depicts the entire galaxy being erased in one fell swoop. That is not what happened, as apparent by the in-film evidence I have painstakingly broken down for you. I also wouldn't say the galaxy had been 'devastated'(as you claim) either--not based on what we saw, at least. A being WEAKER than Frieza(ie. restrained-SSJ Broly) simply does not operate on that scale. I think Broly destroyed a few planets, and *may* have *eventually* caused galactic 'devastation' IF left unchecked--the most canon Jap-dub of the opening sequences states as much. However, he was never left unchecked, was he?

Once you get that opening visual out of your head, and unbiasedly examine ALL the evidence at hand(if you're capable of such), you'll realize how ludicrous your opinion is. I say again: a being WEAKER than Frieza(ie. restrained-SSJ Broly) simply does not operate on that scale.

This was never stated in the manga. You're thinking of the anime.

A planet Galan? Really. What do we see during the opening? A galaxy vanishing. There was still pieces left but not enough for us not to think of it as what I said. We didn't get a close up of the Galaxy after it was devastated. When Goku IT through the Galaxy, we clearly see some of it survived, but we also seen where MOST of it was destroyed as shown during the opening. Like I've stated before, your post was spot on. You proved that pieces, of the Galaxy was still intact but again, as we clearly see, a huge chunk of it was gone in a flash.

Also, uuuummmm, we never seen a cap on Frieza. You are trying to use a guy as a comparison (Frieza) that annihilated a planet bigger and denser than Earth with his index finger only using a fraction of his first form power which was only 0.025% of his true power. Not a good idea Galan.

Also, is this not legit?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-yzgDmHNhi...ting%5B1%5D.gif

Last edited by carver9 on Sep 12th, 2014 at 08:43 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 08:31 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

A planet Galan? Really. What do we see during the opening? A galaxy vanishing. There was still pieces left but not enough for us not to think of it as what I said. We didn't get a close up of the Galaxy after it was devastated. When Goku IT through the Galaxy, we clearly see some of it survived, but we also seen where MOST of it was destroyed as shown during the opening. Like I've stated before, your post was spot on. You proved that pieces, of the Galaxy was still intact but again, as we clearly see, a huge chunk of it was gone in a flash.
...You're ignoring the most-canon Jap-dub of the film, in favor of your own personal fan-wank. The Jap-dub outright confirms that the opening sequence was a premonition of what might EVENTUALLY happen to the south galaxy IF Broly were left unchecked. It did NOT depict an event that had already occurred.

Cementing this fact is that the opening sequence depicts the south galaxy being entirely erased--literally nothing was left except a black void of nothingness. However, we know the south galaxy WAS still intact, because we were shown several planets and thousands of stars during the film--this alone ENTIRELY NEGATES the opening sequence. Simple logic is simple.

Does the artist have to individually draw billions/trillions of planets and stars for you to understand that the galaxy was NOT destroyed, or are you capable of comprehending utterly remedial facts?

You can't be this stupid.

Also, uuuummmm, we never seen a cap on Frieza. You are trying to use a guy as a comparison (Frieza) that annihilated a planet bigger and denser than Earth with his index finger only using a fraction of his first form power which was only 0.025% of his true power. Not a good idea Galan.
laughing out loud This tells me that you have absolutely no clue regarding the scale of a galaxy. No clue at all.

Final-form Frieza was roughly 227x more powerful than base-form Frieza. So even if you scale up his base-form's planet-busting feat, it still doesn't equate to him destroying so much as a solar system.... Let alone a friggin' galaxy. Why do you think Super-Perfect Cell(of whom possessed Frieza's massive ego+SSJ2-level power) only boasted that HE could destroy a solar system?

...Yet I am to believe that restrained-SSJ Broly, and by proxy: base-level Goku(both of whom were WEAKER than Frieza), can destroy large percentages of a galaxy? Lol, Jesus Christ.

Also, is this not legit?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-yzgDmHNhi...ting%5B1%5D.gif
Here's a translated page taken straight from mangafox(which I trust over anything else in terms of accuracy):
(please log in to view the image)

Regardless, even IF your scan is correct, it still took 'a few yearS' for Buu to destroy said galaxies--which means he did so over time, and not in one fell swoop. No character short of Bills is a confirmed insta-galaxy-buster in the DBZ mythos. That is an undeniable fact. smile

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 12th, 2014 at 09:24 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 09:17 PM
carver9

...You're ignoring the most-canon Jap-dub of the film, in favor of your own personal fan-wank. The Jap-dub outright confirms that the opening sequence was a premonition of what might EVENTUALLY happen to the south galaxy IF Broly were left unchecked. It did NOT depict an event that had already occurred.

Cementing this fact is that the opening sequence depicts the south galaxy being entirely erased--literally nothing was left except a black void of nothingness. However, we know the south galaxy WAS still intact, because we were shown several planets and thousands of stars during the film--this alone ENTIRELY NEGATES the opening sequence. Simple logic is simple.

Does the artist have to individually draw billions/trillions of planets and stars for you to understand that the galaxy was NOT destroyed, or are you capable of comprehending utterly remedial facts?

laughing out loud This tells me that you have absolutely no clue regarding the scale of a galaxy. No clue at all.

Final-form Frieza was roughly 227x more powerful than base-form Frieza. So even if you scale up his base-form's planet-busting feat, it still doesn't equate to him destroying so much as a solar system.... Let alone a friggin' galaxy. Why do you think Super-Perfect Cell(of whom possessed Frieza's massive ego+SSJ2-level power) only boasted that HE could destroy a solar system?

...Yet I am to believe that restrained-SSJ Broly, and by proxy: base-level Goku(both of whom were WEAKER than Frieza), can destroy large percentages of a galaxy? Lol, Jesus Christ.

Here's a translated page taken straight from mangafox(which I trust over anything else in terms of accuracy):
(please log in to view the image)

Regardless, even IF your scan is correct, it still took 'a few yearS' for Buu to destroy said galaxies--which means he did so over time, and not in one fell swoop. No character short of Bills is a confirmed insta-galaxy-buster in the DBZ mythos. That is an undeniable fact. smile

Didn't know the Japanese version said something different. Do you have the link for the vid?

I never said anything about the planet equals a Galaxy. What i said was, we can't use Frieza as a pedestal when we have as of yet to see his true potential. It had to be pretty high for people to keep calling him a universal threat. A planetary guy isn't a threat to a universe Galan.

Lol...Cell never said that was his limit. He basically said what the blast was going to do once it exploded and this was during the beginning of his initial attack. During the end, that power multiplied by no telling how much.

Destroying GALAXIES in a FEW yrs is still an insane skyfather level ft tbh. No Herald or trans tier can do it and again, if my scan is legit and Buu was compared to Frieza, then...

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 09:39 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Lol, so you'd rather place no-limits fallacies on your 'pet' characters, instead of accepting on-panel statements/feats/evidence..? Idiocy at it's finest.

Now I see why NemeBro warned me not to waste my time... I should have listened. thumb up

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 09:50 PM
carver9

^ Lol, so you'd rather place no-limits fallacies on your 'pet' characters, instead of accepting on-panel statements/feats/evidence..? Idiocy at it's finest.

Now I see why NemeBro warned me not to waste my time... I should have listened. thumb up

I'm not placing a no limit fallacy though. I'm just pointing out fact tbh. Frieza was more than planetary. Don't think you'll deny this.

I'm not disagreeing with you about Broly either...I just asked for evidence, that's all.

What i said about Cell was true as well. His initial attack was confirmed as solar system busting. By the end of that, the blasting power was increased significantly. I'm not the one who are bringing up these characters (Frieza and Cell). You are doing that.

You're still cool with me though Galan.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 10:04 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'm not placing a no limit fallacy though. I'm just pointing out fact tbh. Frieza was more than planetary. Don't think you'll deny this.

I'm not disagreeing with you about Broly either...I just asked for evidence, that's all.

What i said about Cell was true as well. His initial attack was confirmed as solar system busting. By the end of that, the blasting power was increased significantly. I'm not the one who are bringing up these characters (Frieza and Cell). You are doing that.

You're still cool with me though Galan.
Yes, you are. You're essentially saying: "just because it wasn't shown or stated, doesn't mean it wasn't possible." Where these types of discussions are concerned, that is called a 'no-limits fallacy'. Feats take precedence first, then validated statements. If neither one supports you, and/or you are contradicted by another piece of evidence, then you are wrong. Simple. smile

Anywho, obviously Frieza was > planetary. However, he was still far less than solar system-level, even IF you scale up his base-form feat. This is important because restrained-SSJ Broly was WEAKER than Frieza... Yet you'd have me believe he can whimsically cause galactic devastation? Lol, can you at least understand why I find your 'logic' so stupid?

The only reason I brought up Cell was in regard to his solar system statement. Cell has a MASSIVE ego and would have NEVER low-balled himself--he also possessed SSJ2-level power at the time(making him a few x more powerful than Frieza.) Despite these factors, he still only spoke of solar system-level destruction... And a single solar system equates to an insignificant micro-fraction of an entire galaxy.

So if we take Cell's statement at face value, it would mean that restrained-SSJ Broly(and base-level Goku by proxy) would have to be capable of producing attacks SEVERAL orders of magnitude GREATER than Super-Perfect Cell's Kamehameha, in order for them to destroy a large percentage of the galaxy. If you believe they were capable of such, you're stupid.

You can probably find the english translation on Youtube. I've posted it before.

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 12th, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 10:24 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Yes, eyes and glasses Mr. Collateral damage.

Good, now show me all the irrefutable evidence that proves beyond a shadow am of a doubt that that scene is > everything in the movie.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 12:24 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pheonixking787
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cool

you guys are comic fanboys i love both comics and anime and thor couldnt beat one dbz character you would know that if you actualy watched dbz idiots i admit if thor landed one FULL POWER hit it would do some damage mabey even kill a character like yamcha but you guys obviously dont watch dbz at all because if you did you would know that thor is not even close to as fast as any dbz character many dbz characters move several times the speed of light. and thor is fast but not on light speed level he barely moves faster than the ey can see

so he would never be able to hit them face it.

U MAD :]

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 04:11 PM
pheonixking787 is currently offline Click here to Send pheonixking787 a Private Message Find more posts by pheonixking787 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

That sentence was spectacular.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 07:33 PM
StealthRanger
S Class Demon

Claiming DBZ is lightspeed and that we don't watch DBZ because we know it loses using the anime as a source, while downplaying comics, in one post

This is like 2006 again isn't it?

Anyone wanna bet this clown will start nitpicking PIS and low end "feats" for Thor to say he loses before this is over? Or use the movies as a source? Anyone?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 09:05 PM
StealthRanger is currently offline Click here to Send StealthRanger a Private Message Find more posts by StealthRanger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

ginyu force shit kick king thor to valhalla

Old Post Mar 8th, 2019 06:41 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thor is a bad matchup for Dragon Ball.

"Kamehameha"

"Return with 100 times the power!"

*Goku dies*

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2019 06:52 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote