KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mortal Kombat X

Mortal Kombat X
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (63): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I'm so going to RIP it off.

Will buy it at a later time, but right now I've spent a little too much in gaming.

Need my stratosphere uppercut fix though. Superman would be ashamed of me i know =[

laughing out loud

Hey, what you like is what you like.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 06:18 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JabberWaki
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hear Injustice 2 is coming out next year.

Injustice 2 and a new MK, Neatherrealm is gonna be busy as hell.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 12:53 AM
JabberWaki is currently offline Click here to Send JabberWaki a Private Message Find more posts by JabberWaki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Hope they make animations more fluid. I don't know. Everything feels so fkn stiff to me.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 01:37 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

I'm just wondering about this "Who's Next" thing and what the "X" stands for. It seems to hint at a crossover (which, if that is the case, I hope it's Street Fighter) but we'll find out soon so I can wait.

Originally posted by quanchi112
Thank the heavens they went back to making MK. That dc fighter looked awful.

Awful? Injustice is a great game, as expected from NRS.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 01:47 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Its better than MK9 for sure. But really don't pay attention to the resident troll.

**** just commenting on it feeds it.

Meh.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 03:12 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
As long as MK stays competitively competent though and doesn't lose its way again like it did with the 3D games (expanding the mythos being about the only thing they did right),

I thought Deadly Alliance and Deception did excellent jobs at making each character feel very different in even their basic attacks. Something I personally feel the older 2d games struggled with and relied on the specials and fatalities to differentiate.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 03:34 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Its better than MK9 for sure. But really don't pay attention to the resident troll.

**** just commenting on it feeds it.

Meh.

"Better"? Hmm...others have said something like that but I like both games equally.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 06:44 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by -Pr-
It is on PC. it's on steam. stick out tongue

Its also on a physical disc from the shop too.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 06:49 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by JabberWaki
I hear Injustice 2 is coming out next year.

Injustice 2 and a new MK, Neatherrealm is gonna be busy as hell.

Eh, a little too soon for another Injustice if you ask me.

Originally posted by Lek Kuen
I thought Deadly Alliance and Deception did excellent jobs at making each character feel very different in even their basic attacks. Something I personally feel the older 2d games struggled with and relied on the specials and fatalities to differentiate.

The combos helped differentiate everyone too. In MK3/UMK3 I mean, though that was the first & only one to have combos out of the original 2D's, but yeah. DA and Deception did a good job with that much too I'll admit. A shame though that Armageddon pretty much undid the good things those two games had done, which admittedly is mostly what I tend to remember when I think of the 3D games now because of the awful taste it left in my mouth (several characters that were clones of others' movesets, etc). The main gimmick the 3D games had going with the different styles of martial arts/fighting styles was cool in concept, but feel it could've been executed much better too.

Different strokes and all that I suppose.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Jun 2nd, 2014 at 07:43 AM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 07:40 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Well yeah Armageddon was trash, but i think Deception gets unfairly lumped in with it nowadays.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 07:55 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

DA was my favorite MK game. I loved the story and the character Shunjinko. I haven't played 9 so I have no idea how they compare.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 12:12 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

I'm torn (pun not intended) on whether or not this is how the gameplay should be.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 01:44 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

dammit you bet me to it, Also for some reason the video i posted the quality of it goes to shit around the 0:15 mark.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jun 2nd, 2014 at 01:51 PM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 01:45 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Looks great!

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 01:56 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

So Sub-Zero won't be in this one?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 02:36 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Bro SMASH
"Better"? Hmm...others have said something like that but I like both games equally.
thumb up Fair enough.

Sub better not be gone.

Last edited by Zack Fair on Jun 2nd, 2014 at 02:51 PM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 02:48 PM
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by Estacado
Looks great!

Agreed!

And there's no way Sub-Zero won't be in. I think NRS just seems to like the idea of Scorpion beating up on Sub-Zero (just like in MK9).

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 03:45 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Its funny. Scorpion is Tobias fav. char. But I like how they still make Sub a badass top dog of the franchise.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 04:25 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Trailer looks great; and i'm interested to see how they marry the Injustice system with whatever new features they have planned.

I'm sure Sub-Zero will be in it. I'm just hoping they don't repeat history and kill Johnny Cage.

I liked Deception and Deadly Alliance too; they were good games, and the whole "two styles plus a third weapon style" idea worked well enough that I really ended up feeling like I had to work to master several characters.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 07:02 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Well yeah Armageddon was trash, but i think Deception gets unfairly lumped in with it nowadays.

Yeah... :\

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
DA was my favorite MK game. I loved the story and the character Shunjinko. I haven't played 9 so I have no idea how they compare.

9 is basically a much better told version of the story of the first three games with some twists here and there. Not sure how I would compare it to Deception's story though, but I liked 'em both very well. I liked Shujinko too of course but I guess we're in the minority there.

As for the trailer, wanking Scorpion promtional-wise as usual I see, not that I'm complaining. lol The appearance of a human Subzero hopefully means we won't be stuck with just the cyborg version too. Not a fan of that music though which was kind of a turnoff for me. :\

Originally posted by -Pr-
Trailer looks great; and i'm interested to see how they marry the Injustice system with whatever new features they have planned.

I'm sure Sub-Zero will be in it. I'm just hoping they don't repeat history and kill Johnny Cage.

I liked Deception and Deadly Alliance too; they were good games, and the whole "two styles plus a third weapon style" idea worked well enough that I really ended up feeling like I had to work to master several characters.

Maybe it's nostalgia, but I like how they handled the weapon system in MK4 the best. Agree on the rest though.

Also, this new game will be available on both current and last gen consoles apparently.

https://twitter.com/WB_Games_UK/sta...480110637867008

The visuals and stuff better look improved on PS4/Xbone versions, because from what I saw of Injustice on those platforms, it looked pretty much the same as on last gen consoles. But whatever.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2014 09:37 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote