KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Zannah vs Revan (Force abilities only)

Darth Zannah vs Revan (Force abilities only)
Started by: WildBantha88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NewGuy01
perpetual

"They" could make sense. Upon hearing that quote, I originally had believed Revan and a bunch of his followers did the same ritual that Bane did on Ruusan, from the description of what happened. I mean, where else would Bane have learned it but from Revan's holocron?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2014 11:34 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

No. They did no ritual. The only people there were Revan and Malak.
Revan unleashed the lightning when they crash-landed on the planet.
Please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qy9l5JJV20

"They tried to take you prisoner, but you unleashed your magic - what you called the Force - upon them. Seeing your power they bowed before you and brought you here to me."
-The One (Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic)

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Jul 4th, 2014 at 11:48 PM

Old Post Jul 4th, 2014 11:46 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yeah, you can't use that ritual when peeps are trying to take you prisoner. Theres no way. They just used the old lightning storm like Gethzerion or that one Sith on Tatooine did.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jul 4th, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Old Post Jul 4th, 2014 11:49 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

thumb up

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Jul 4th, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Old Post Jul 4th, 2014 11:50 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

What Sith on Tatooine are you referring to, and in what manner did he use it?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 01:42 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Asking me or Neph?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 01:46 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Lord Silthar from the Empire planet questline on Tatooine. You only hear about it second hand, but the team tracking him lost his signal in an energy storm that he conjured to fight Sand People.

He uh, he lost, lol.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 01:49 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I remember that. thumb up
Didn't he end up in some cave?
And didn't I kill him? (:<

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 01:51 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yes.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 01:51 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

I was just curious, as I've never heard of that ability being used in combat before...

Alright, that's fair enough, but that ability is not the same as regular lightning--It's likely not something that Revan could just conjure on the spot as he could regular FL.

Also, that particular feat was done on an immensely strong nexus of the dark side.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Jul 5th, 2014 at 01:55 AM

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 01:52 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Apparently it was not very effective for him.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 01:53 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

It was for Revan. (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 01:54 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Nexus feat. Revan's lightning is invalid. (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 01:56 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Nope. Hold on, I found some quotes concerning that. The "nexus" claim doesn't work here.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 01:57 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Orly? I'm curious to see what you have to counter that.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 01:59 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Well he's able to use the "lightning storm from above" attack in TOR at least. Not the same as lightning bolts from the sky though.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 02:00 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

That is a different technique. The storm appears to be coming from above, but in actuality it is simply a higher variant of the normal FL. It arcs from the user's hands in the form of dozens of bolts.

I'm waiting for the source that proves the Nexus is invalid, Ant.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 02:05 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

You expect me to get it instantly?
I never said it would "invalid", just that using the claim to debunk the entire feat is "invalid."
I am currently forming an argument, wait a little bit.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 02:11 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

You are destroying my hopes. sad

Do not disappoint me. no expression

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 02:13 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Smile

I made two counter-arguments. Choose the one you like the most.
Defense 1: Mid-chichlorians
So, I was wondering when someone would mention this, so now I can present a logical explanation of Force nexus' and how they affect feats:
Canonically, a Force nexus is an area where the Force is unnaturally powerful. It boosts one's power through midi-chlorians.
Midi-chlorian's are microscopic life-forms that reside within the cells of all living things. The amount of midi-chlorian's one has determines their force-sensitivity.
Many forget that all *living* species' have midi-chlorian's inside of them. Rancors as well have midi-chlorian's inside of them.
The conduct of the Force evenly flows through all life with the midi-chlorians as their conducts. The Force is ultimately non-existent in matter that is not alive, such as rocks.
Below are *fake* numbers of representations of Revan's midi-chlorian count, and then a rancors. The numbers have no impact on the outcome, hence why they can be *fake*.
Revan's midi-chlorian count: 17,900
A rancor's midi-chlorian count: 2,500
(Yes, these numbers are awful. But it doesn't change anything).
The Force equally flows through all these midi-chlorians, and when on a nexus, add's extra energy. Both Revan, and the rancor, would have their powers equally amplified.
The Force does not exclude semi-sentients, in fact, the intelligence of one creature determines nothing. The Force goes through all *life*, not all Force-sensitives. People fail to realize this.
This is why rancors were such extremely tough on a world like Felucia with them being amplified by Shaak Ti when Galen Marek came and caused havoc among the entire world.
And yes, once again, the Force *does* affect the abilities of non Force-sensitives. Read The Old Republic: Annihilation by...um...Drew Karpyshyn.

Defense 2: Not a Nexus
Even besides this, numerous other evidence suggests the world was not really a dominant Force nexus as it was when Darth Bane came.
In Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Rancors roam directly next to the Temple of the Ancients with no trouble or strain.
(please log in to view the image)
Meanwhile, when Darth Bane went with a rancor, the rancor was extremely reluctant to even go *near* the Temple of Ancients.
In fact, when Darth Bane allows the beast to roam directly in front of it, the rancor "turned and fled back into the undergrowth."
No quotes in KotOR suggest that the Unknown World was a nexus during Revan's time. This is only logical, since the Rakata are immune from the Force.
Therefore, Darth Revan's powers would be amplified by...basically nothing, tbh, based off the rancors. smile

Old Post Jul 5th, 2014 03:37 AM