KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Top 20 Jedi/Sith of all time

Top 20 Jedi/Sith of all time
Started by: PTforthewin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
You mean Darth Plagueis? Definitely.

I actually meant Bane, but I would definitely say the same for Plagueis.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 06:21 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kalen Sykes

Ok, version 3:

Jedi

1) Luke Skywalker

2) Jacen Solo

3) Yoda

4) Kyp Durron

5) HoT

6) Satele Shan

7) Barsen'thor

8) Mace Windu

9) Anakin Skywalker

10) Galen Marek

11) Obi-Wan Kenobi

12) Kyle Katarn

Sith:

1) Darth Sidious

2) Darth Caedus

3) Darth Plagueis

4) Emperor Vitiate

5) Darth Bane

6) Exar Kun

7) Darth Vader

8) Darth Malgus

9) Tulak Hord

10) Darth Revan

11) Darth Krayt

12) Count Dooku

I didn't want to go further than 12 on each side, so someone had to get cut. In the end, it was Marka Ragnos. I apologize to those who think he should be on the list, but I couldn't justify keeping him over anyone else. As for Kenobi over Katarn, I honestly think Obi-Wan could give Kyle a good fight, but I gave Kenobi the edge, because I felt he had better Force showings.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 06:30 AM
Click here to Send Kalen Sykes a Private Message Find more posts by Kalen Sykes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Lol @ Bane being above Kun, Krayt, Malgus, and Vader

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 06:33 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Uh, yeah, Orbalisk Bane is above all of them lol.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 06:46 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:

1) Luke Skywalker

2) Jacen Solo

3) Yoda

I find it curious that you ended up placing Jacen above Yoda, but I won't argue it considering Solo is a bamf of similar proportion.

quote:
4) Kyp Durron

Interesting. Why?

quote:
6) Satele Shan

Nah, Satele is good but not this high. Even at her peak she was never able to achieve more than a stalemate against Dark Council level opponents like Darth Mehkis and Darth Baras.

quote:
9) Anakin Skywalker

I'd consider bumping him up a few notches. This guy is much more of a beast than many give him credit for.

quote:
1) Darth Sidious

2) Darth Caedus

3) Darth Plagueis

4) Emperor Vitiate

5) Darth Bane

6) Exar Kun

7) Darth Vader

8) Darth Malgus

9) Tulak Hord

10) Darth Revan

11) Darth Krayt

12) Count Dooku

Not a bad list, in the long run. I myself find Exar Kun to be overrated, but the place you have him at is reasonable from certain perspective.

I also don't think Darth Revan is necessarily greater than Krayt or Tyranus, especially during his time pre-Rebirth.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 06:53 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kalen Sykes

Yep, I was hoping to Keep Kun in the top 5, but those orbalisks are too much of a game changer to ignore.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 06:54 AM
Click here to Send Kalen Sykes a Private Message Find more posts by Kalen Sykes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Uh, yeah, Orbalisk Bane is above all of them lol.

No reason to count him, Bane is shit without a nexus or his orbalisks and this is why I disincluded him on my list. He wasn't described as having "unparalleled lightsaber prowess", never blitzed four knights, didn't collapse a cathedral, or even beat anyone by virtue of his own skill.

His orbalisks are a cute toy to mask his weakness though smile

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 06:59 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Doesn't really matter. In his peak incarnation, he is coated in a suit of Orbalisks.

I suppose that's fair, though, we could also take away Exar's amulets as well, and then he'd lose to Bane anyway.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 07:01 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by carthage
No reason to count him, Bane is shit without a nexus or his orbalisks and this is why I disincluded him on my list. He wasn't described as having "unparalleled lightsaber prowess", never blitzed four knights, didn't collapse a cathedral, or even beat anyone by virtue of his own skill.

His orbalisks are a cute toy to mask his weakness though smile

Bane is not weak or shit. Once again you choose to ignore the numerous accolades and feats he does have due to your irrational hatred of him.

You do this to Vitiate, Revan, and Zannah as well.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 07:07 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Doesn't really matter. In his peak incarnation, he is coated in a suit of Orbalisks.

I suppose that's fair, though, we could also take away Exar's amulets as well, and then he'd lose to Bane anyway.

Kun off nexus one shot Odan Urr (on a lightside nexus), killed Vodo with one downward strike, and defeated his master while still a padwan. More impressive than Bane getting trashed by Sirrak, constantly needing a nexus to win fights, and never winning any fight by virtue of his own skill. Kun is a better force user and a significantly better duelist.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 07:09 AM
Kalen Sykes

I find it curious that you ended up placing Jacen above Yoda, but I won't argue it considering Solo is a bamf of similar proportion.

Interesting. Why?

Nah, Satele is good but not this high. Even at her peak she was never able to achieve more than a stalemate against Dark Council level opponents like Darth Mehkis and Darth Baras.

I'd consider bumping him up a few notches. This guy is much more of a beast than many give him credit for.

Not a bad list, in the long run. I myself find Exar Kun to be overrated, but the place you have him at is reasonable from certain perspective.

I also don't think Darth Revan is necessarily greater than Krayt or Tyranus, especially during his time pre-Rebirth.

Thanks for the kind words. I put Kyp Durron at 4 because of his Force abilities. being able to manipulate artificial black holes (dovin basals) is no small feat, and one I believe only Luke has replicated. Luke himself regarded Kyp as "frighteningly powerful", and Kyp was the only Jedi suggested by Vergere to be the next Sith Lord, other than the Skywalker lineage.

I can see your point on Satele, and I can move her down to #9 and move the other three up. Unfortunately, while I agree Anakin is a beast in ROTS, I think Mace is still ahead of him, and the Barsen'thor is regarded here as being above Mace and below the Hot (himself below Yoda). So, I can really only move Anakin up one space.

TOTJ and DLOTS were the first Star Wars books I ever read, so I still view him as a terror to behold, but I think he's placed pretty well. I agree that Dooku probably should be higher on the list, but I wasn't sure where to place him.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 07:09 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Bane is not weak or shit. Once again you choose to ignore the numerous accolades and feats he does have due to your irrational hatred of him.

You do this to Vitiate, Revan, and Zannah as well.

Name one fight Bane has one by virtue of his own skill aside from beating Sirrak. One.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 07:10 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
Kun off nexus one shot Odan Urr (on a lightside nexus), killed Vodo,

He did both with Amulets.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 07:12 AM
Kalen Sykes

This isn't a fight, but in DOE, he was practicing his saber moves, when it started to rain. He quickly changed to Soresu and blocked every rain drop that fell, so by the time it stopped, he was still dry. Quite impressive, considering Soresu isn't his preferred style.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 07:13 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

He did both with Amulets.

Prove that they aided him in any way apart from his blasts.

Even without them he's still a better swordsman than Bane, and he beat Vodo easier than Bane who got his shit packed in by a Kas'sim

Last edited by carthage on Jun 18th, 2014 at 07:17 AM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 07:15 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
Thanks for the kind words. I put Kyp Durron at 4 because of his Force abilities. being able to manipulate artificial black holes (dovin basals) is no small feat, and one I believe only Luke has replicated.

I've thought about the Dorvin Basals as impressive as well, considering even Luke had a harder time with it than Kyp, but I really am not sure what it means to manipulate them.

quote:
I can see your point on Satele, and I can move her down to #9 and move the other three up. Unfortunately, while I agree Anakin is a beast in ROTS, I think Mace is still ahead of him,

The only way I can conceive Mace taking Anakin for a majority is by channeling Anakin's fury with Vaapad and thus increasing his own base capabilities, but he has no such advantage when considering a top 10.

I'm sure I could produce a valid argument for Anakin being superior to Mace at the latter's base strength, if you're willing to take the time to debate it.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 07:18 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by carthage
Name one fight Bane has one by virtue of his own skill aside from beating Sirrak. One.

As far as skill goes, before his prime he was initially pressing back Kas'im before Kas'im switched to Jar'kai, he outmaneuvered Lsu and hurled her to the ground with an unpredictable maneuver which is something he vastly improved on in DOE, and he beat the shit out of Zannah, who is a defensive master, in their saber fight. He's thrown down with several duelists who are masters in their own right.

Name one fight that Bane has lost without his opponents having a situational advantage.

You seem to have an obsession with shitting on characters who are practically extremely powerful characters according to canon, and calling them weak and shit just because you hate them.

Originally posted by Emperordmb
You claim Bane, Revan, and Vitiate are all weak despite this orgy of quotes:

“even his enormous command of the Force”-Darth Bane
Source: Path of Destruction

“The Sith'ari will be free of limits. The Sith'ari will lead the Sith and destroy them. The Sith'ari will raise the Sith from death and make them stronger than before.”-Darth Bane
Sources: Book of the Sith and The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

“If the dark side’s most powerful master can capture the ultimate secret, the Sith will never die.”-Darth Bane
Source: Dynasty of Evil

“through the dark side he had access to near-infinite power”-Darth Bane
Source: Dynasty of Evil

"The Bane trilogy focused on Darth Bane, one of the most powerful Sith Lords who ever lived.”-Darth Bane
Source: Drew Karpyshyn

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."-Revan
Source: KOTOR II

"The Jedi's command of and connection to the Force was unlike anything Scourge had sensed in anyone else. Even though Revan was constantly drugged, it was impossible not to sense his strength."-Revan
Source: SWTOR: Revan

"Revan obviously focused on Revan, another incredibly powerful Force user."-Revan

"He was an incredibly powerful Jedi."-Revan

"The Sith Emperor has mastered the dark side's power to become the most dominating Force-user the galaxy has ever seen."-Vitiate
Source: SWTOR

"The Sith Emperor is the most powerful Force-user who has ever existed. Unless this implacable enemy can be defeated, the Jedi Order is doomed."-Vitiate
Source: SWTORE

"unlike Revan or Bane, he isn’t one of the most powerful individuals in the universe."-Bane and Revan

"As much as I loved writing about all-powerful Sith [Darth Bane & Vitiate] and Jedi [Revan]”-Bane, Revan, and Vitiate

In light of these quotes, it's pretty much canon that Bane, Revan, and Vitiate are all incredibly powerful, and it's not even remotely arguable. By ignoring this orgy of quotes and continuing to write off these characters as weak because you hate them, you have proven yourself to be immensely biased to the point of complete irrationality.

If you cannot accept this one simple truth, then you have lost all credibility and are confirmed as the sad sack of shit that not only myself, but many other people on here believe you to be.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 07:21 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
Prove that they aided him in any way apart from his blasts.

A Sith amulet, sometimes known as a Sith talisman, was a powerful Sith artifact used to amplify the abilities of it's user.

Sith Lords such as Ludo Kressh and Naga Sadow owned and wore Sith amulets to amplify their power.

Wookipedia's articles seem to be congruent with me.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 07:21 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:

Name one fight that Bane has lost without his opponents having a situational advantage.

Zannah, and Siraak.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 07:23 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

A Sith amulet, sometimes known as a Sith talisman, was a powerful Sith artifact used to amplify the abilities of it's user.

Sith Lords such as Ludo Kressh and Naga Sadow owned and wore Sith amulets to amplify their power.

Wookipedia's articles seem to be congruent with me.

Neither of which prove anything I asked for, because Kun has beaten Vodo before and him defeating him a second time isn't terribly out of line with his abilities.

Secondly, other than his amulet amplifying his rage on Yavin nowhere is it implicitly stated that they amped him in any other exertion of his power. Not that it's a lot to disagree about, but I'm not really seeing it

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 07:23 AM