KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Predator (2018)

The Predator (2018)
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (29): « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wakkawakkawakka

Still not sure on how to process[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Rogue Predator killing people yet wanting to give humans Ironman suits or Super Predator wanting the kid to weaponize Asperger syndrome.

As others have said the jokes were a bit overdone yet I didn't mind them as much as I would have thought. Though this might be just me but I had kind of hope there would be a Danny Glover cameo even if it wouldn't make much sense.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2018 11:47 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Getting read to see this in a few hours. Is there a post credit scene?

Also why doesn't this movie have a China release date? That's a big blow to the success of this movie imo. I want them to keep making Predator movies.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2018 02:07 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggernaut74
I want them to keep making Predator movies.

You want them to keep making Trash predator films?

Old Post Sep 15th, 2018 04:38 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Still not sure on how to process[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Rogue Predator killing people yet wanting to give humans Ironman suits or Super Predator wanting the kid to weaponize Asperger syndrome.

As others have said the jokes were a bit overdone yet I didn't mind them as much as I would have thought. Though this might be just me but I had kind of hope there would be a Danny Glover cameo even if it wouldn't make much sense.

well if this is a success and it could be then glover may cameo along with arnold

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 15th, 2018 07:52 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Have to wait to see if it can carry it self past its opening weekend.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2018 08:27 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

So this movie is IM3 light the Predator had As much screentime as IM did in that movie.

I went in with an open mind didnt care what critics said the lack of Predator was just disappointing....

Bankai.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2018 09:56 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Estacado
the lack of Predator

What?

mad mad mad mad mad mad

Old Post Sep 15th, 2018 10:46 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Yup.

If you cut all the Predator scenes together you get around 7-8 minutes of Yautja action.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Fugitive vs Upgrade ended in less then a minute, the trailers pretty much showed the whole fight after he gets slammed to the car his mask gets taken off Upgrade kills him with a single punch and rips his head off...

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Sep 16th, 2018 at 01:12 AM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 01:09 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Darth Thor
You want them to keep making Trash predator films?

Don't be stupid

obviously "Good" predator movies.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 03:01 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Kazenji
Don't be stupid

obviously "Good" predator movies.

It will be a GREAT Predator Movie if The Predator gets to WIN this TIME!!!!!!!

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 03:35 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So basically saying the first movie was crap then?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 03:43 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Nope. Just saying its is TIME FOR THE PRED To WIN ONE!

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 03:45 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Estacado
Yup.

If you cut all the Predator scenes together you get around 7-8 minutes of Yautja action.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Fugitive vs Upgrade ended in less then a minute, the trailers pretty much showed the whole fight after he gets slammed to the car his mask gets taken off Upgrade kills him with a single punch and rips his head off...

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 12:45 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

So was I the only one expecting [SPOILER - highlight to read]: a Xenomorph to come out of that pod at the end and not the Predator equivalent of Iron Man armor?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 11:35 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Saw it yesterday. Went in with low expectations from early reactions and found the movie to be ok at best. If they would have cut a lot of the comedy out it would have helped. Some of the jokes were just dumb as f*ck. The plot was subpar but that seems to be the norm with Predator movies so that wasn't a big problem for me. Overall I'd give the movie a 6 out of 10.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 11:42 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Nemesis X
So was I the only one expecting [SPOILER - highlight to read]: a Xenomorph to come out of that pod at the end and not the Predator equivalent of Iron Man armor?

yea i was

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 03:15 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Went in with low expectations and still came out angry from this one. I truly hope this bombs so there is not a continuation of the direction this goes. I'd be fine with a reboot or a sequel to Predators.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 01:01 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Originally posted by Myth
Went in with low expectations and still came out angry from this one. I truly hope this bombs so there is not a continuation of the direction this goes. I'd be fine with a reboot or a sequel to Predators.

I dunno Myth, of all the movies in the past 5 years based on the 80s and 90s nostalgia, this one appears to be the LEAST mangled. New Ghostbusters was truly an utter shitshow. TMNT was substandard. The new Nightmare on Elm Street sucked ass. The New Power Rangers movie I had heard got spitroasted from two sticks of shitty dynamite. The Dysney Star Wars turned out to be aids infested cancer that has ****ing killed careers, and the upcoming terminator reboot is probably going to blow donkeys too. Predator, comparatively was not bad. It wasn't Arnie or Glover levels of cool, but it wasn't AVP Requiem levels of liquid shit either.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 01:39 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I should really go watch the whole of Predators 2010 going by what you guys are saying.

Think ive only seen bits of it.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 01:41 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
I dunno Myth, of all the movies in the past 5 years based on the 80s and 90s nostalgia, this one appears to be the LEAST mangled. New Ghostbusters was truly an utter shitshow. TMNT was substandard. The new Nightmare on Elm Street sucked ass. The New Power Rangers movie I had heard got spitroasted from two sticks of shitty dynamite. The Dysney Star Wars turned out to be aids infested cancer that has ****ing killed careers, and the upcoming terminator reboot is probably going to blow donkeys too. Predator, comparatively was not bad. It wasn't Arnie or Glover levels of cool, but it wasn't AVP Requiem levels of liquid shit either.

Ghostbusters was trash, but didn't actively try to re-explain past stuff. Suddenly, the Predators weren't coming here to hunt for sport, but for spinal fluid to make hybrids? And autism is especially intriguing because it is the next step in evolution? Predators are planning a full on invasion of the planet because of global warming? And what happened to cloaking and using hunting strategy? These predators are visible almost the entire time and don't use any strategies, just run up and be bullet proof. They also forgot how their vision works at times (like the predator shooting a mask held from behind a tree, despite that not being something that would trick a predator because it wouldn't be seen in the infrared. This movie had predators in it, but the way they behaved, the changing of the lore, etc, it was not only bad, but actively tried to re-explain past movies that didn't need explaining. Ghostbusters at least never did that. I finally understand what angry Star Wars fans feel like when they want a movie erased from canon because of the direction it takes things, not just the quality. AVP:R was ultimately non-consequential compared to this, which makes it easy to just dismiss it as bad.

I just have a laundry list of complaints about this movie long enough that I know I'm slowly going to forget them.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 02:08 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote