KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Nihilus vs The Sith Emperor

Darth Nihilus vs The Sith Emperor
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (32): « First ... « 29 30 [31] 32 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Before I go hounding for quotes again, let me see if I'm understanding your argument:

The Emperor, in his badassery, convinced 8,000 people to make a nexus, but then had to mind dominate them to make a nexus. Once that nexus was made, Vitiate became the Chuck Norris of the Force, because that was one sweet nexus, and it allowed him to break everyone's defenses on the entire planet, but it didn't empower anyone else, because they weren't worthy. But this was all done for fun, because really, Vitiate could have done it on his own already.

This isn't funny.

Provide full explanation of events of Nathema. We shall see what you gather from it. Don't pick one quote, pick every detail.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 03:03 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

LOL correct me if I'm wrong, but is LeGenD trying to imply Vitiate did the Nathema ritual entirely of his own power? Or that it wasn't even a ritual in the first place and was just a drain? Or that he mind****ed 9000 Sith at once? Somebody please tell me if any of this is what he's trying to say, because I don't want to accuse him of something he never even said.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 03:04 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
They conducted a ritual but Emperor ended it by consuming all others using Force Drain. Try to comprehend.

Read the quote you blithering moron. It states that the ritual extended Vitiates life. You are literally offering your own opinion against a rock solid canon statement and in your utter arrogance thinking it trumps the quote. I am coming to the end of my rope here Legend. Either concede to an actual official statement or go away.

And this tells you what?

Emperor fueled his power by stealing life-force of every living being on Nathema. In this manner, Emperor became more powerful and achieved immortality.

Vitiate didn't have the power to perform Force drain on that scale by himself. This was him still as a mortal with his natural strength, he wasn't even close to being able to pull that off.

Translation: Neph have no idea of what he is talking about, skipping details.

Ritual did not drain anything, Neph. Ritual is not a sentient being or something. Use common sense.

I am literally holding my face in my hands and moaning over how stupid you are being Legend. Why are you doing this to me?

The ritual drained the planet when performed by Vitiate. This is just like saying someone was shot by a gun. That doesn't mean the person holding it didn't pull the trigger.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 03:07 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

This isn't funny.

Provide full explanation of events of Nathema. We shall see what you gather from it. Don't pick one quote, pick every detail.

I will, as soon as you tell me exactly what you mean. Because honestly, I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 03:07 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Emperordmb
LOL correct me if I'm wrong, but is LeGenD trying to imply Vitiate did the Nathema ritual entirely of his own power? Or that it wasn't even a ritual in the first place and was just a drain? Or that he mind****ed 9000 Sith at once? Somebody please tell me if any of this is what he's trying to say, because I don't want to accuse him of something he never even said.

He is literally that big of a fanboy.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 03:08 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

In the aftermath of Great Hyperspace War, Emperor somehow managed to summon thousands of Sith Lords to his homeworld, he convinced them that they would achieve great power if they would participate in a ritual. Emperor orchestrated the ritual in this manner with aid of all other Sith Lords. The ritual lasted 10 days and resulted in creation of largest nexus of dark side in history of Star Wars. However, Emperor turned on his allies and consumed them using Force Drain to fuel his power and achieve immortality, ending the ritual in the process. This is what I have gathered by studying all available official data about this event.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 03:08 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I thought Vitiated called the Sith to Nathema, prepared for and mind****ed each of them as they landed, then used their power for a ritual that sucked up all force energy on Nathema.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 03:13 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kalen Sykes

In the aftermath of Great Hyperspace War, Emperor somehow managed to summon thousands of Sith Lords to his homeworld, he convinced them that they would achieve great power if they would participate in a ritual. Emperor orchestrated the ritual in this manner with aid of all other Sith Lords. The ritual lasted 10 days and resulted in creation of largest nexus of dark side in history of Star Wars. However, Emperor turned on his allies and consumed them using Force Drain to fuel his power and achieve immortality, ending the ritual in the process. This is what I have gathered by studying all available official data about this event.

1) The nexus wasn't formed until after the ritual. It was a byproduct of the ritual, as was the desolation of the planet.

2) The ritual was more than just a glorified "meditation". It was a process that allowed the Sith to essentially combine their powers, but Vitiate betrayed them and drained the Sith Lords, absorbing their power and increasing his own.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 03:14 AM
Click here to Send Kalen Sykes a Private Message Find more posts by Kalen Sykes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Nephthys
Read the quote you blithering moron. It states that the ritual extended Vitiates life. You are literally offering your own opinion against a rock solid canon statement and in your utter arrogance thinking it trumps the quote. I am coming to the end of my rope here Legend. Either concede to an actual official statement or go away.

Neph, do not test my patience, not with insults. You are among the few members whom I personally respect but if you want to get into mud-slinging contest, I will not hesitate or hold back to teach you a lesson. Let us be civil.

This event have been described in multiple sources and its ground realities can only be learned by focusing on all available information. Don't focus on semantics, focus on all available information.

Here is a list to get you started:-

Lord Vitiate takes command of the Sith Empire, now in shambles following the Great Hyperspace War. He executes the Sith Council and consumes the life force of thousands of Sith Lords in a terrifying ritual that extends his life and vastly increases his capacity as a practitioner of the Force.

&

Eight thousand Sith Lords gathered on Medriaas and agreed to partake in a ritual that would bind the Sith together as an ultimate dark side weapon.

&

The ritual lasted ten days. Lord Vitiate orchestrated the sorcery and the planet Medriaas was consumed by the largest dark side nexus the galaxy would ever see.

&

What is known is that following the flight of Naga Sadow, the Emperor came to Korriban, gathered the remaining lords of the Sith and took them back with him to Nathema. There they conducted a ritual that extended the Emperor's life at the cost of the lives of more than eight thousand Sith Lords.

&

The Sith Emperor, history's most powerful dark side master, performed a ritual of incredible scope to consume the life energy of every being on his homeworld.

&

The ritual lasted ten days. Lord Vitiate orchestrated the sorcery and the planet Mediraas was consumed by the largest dark side nexus the galaxy would ever see. When the ritual ended, Lord Vitiate emerged as the only survivor. The pain, energy, and suffering of every living entity on the planet fueled his power and would prolong his life for centuries. The lifeless planet of Mediraas became a void in the Force and was erased from history. From that moment forward, the world would forever be known as Nathema, birthplace of the one and only Sith Emperor.

&

And the Sith Lords were driven by fear. Many thought the Jedi would soon wipe them all out. They were desperate for anything they could use as a weapon against the servants of the light side. Lord Vitiate played upon these fears, convincing those who answered his call to set aside their suspicions of him and of one another to join in a single glorious cause.

Once they arrived on Nathema, they quickly fell under Lord Vitiate's control. He dominated their minds, crushed their resistance. He turned them into slaves to his will, forcing them to participate in the most complex ritual of Sith sorcery ever attempted. Calling on the dark side, Lord Vitiate devoured them. He fed on their power, absorbing it into himself, utterly obliterating all traces of his victims.

But the ritual was not confined to the doomed Sith Lords. They were but the eye of the storm; the center of a vortex that spread across the entire planet. Every man, woman, and child on Nathema died that day. Every beast, bird, and fish; all the insects and plants; every living being touched by the Force was consumed. When the ritual ended, Nathema was no longer a world. It was a husk sucked dry. Lord Vitiate sacrificed millions, stealing their life force to make himself immortal. Their deaths also made him stronger than any Sith who had come before, and he ceased to be known as Lord Vitiate. On that day, the Emperor was truly born.

Study each statement carefully and then establish an interpretation.

Vitiate didn't have the power to perform Force drain on that scale by himself. This was him still as a mortal with his natural strength, he wasn't even close to being able to pull that off.

He had ample time to gather power.

I am literally holding my face in my hands and moaning over how stupid you are being Legend. Why are you doing this to me?

The ritual drained the planet when performed by Vitiate. This is just like saying someone was shot by a gun. That doesn't mean the person holding it didn't pull the trigger.

See above

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 03:19 AM
S_W_LeGenD

He is literally that big of a fanboy.

Same like you are of Bane and Zannah. Let us not delve in to this.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 03:19 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

As thread maker, S_W_LeGenD I ask you to stop your argument concerning The Sith Emperor's drain for a appropriate conversation to commence. The thread has reached 600 posts thanks to your stubborn nature against a majority of the active forum members itself. It is clear you will not change your mind regardless of what is presented to you, and while I accept that, you need to accept my decision. This thread has went from a serious discussion to *numerous* members asking me to take action against you. If anyone even wants to continue this debate, in which I doubt it to be honest, various other factors have yet to be discussed on reasonable terms. Thank you.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 03:20 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Same like you are of Bane and Zannah. Let us not delve in to this.

I have never seen Neph challenge the fact that the Ones are on a completely different level, much less imply that they are actually above the Ones.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 03:22 AM
S_W_LeGenD

I have never seen Neph challenge the fact that the Ones are on a completely different level, much less imply that they are actually above the Ones.

Bane and Zannah do not have official hype like that of The Ones, if they had...

Neph does assumes that Bane is on par with Sidious and Zannah is on par with Emperor Vitiate which is ridiculous.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 03:24 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

"“But the ritual was not confined to the doomed Sith Lords. They were but the eye of the storm; the center of a vortex that spread across the entire planet. Every man, woman, and child on Nathema died that day. Every beast, bird, and fish; all the insects and plants; every living being touched by the Force was consumed. When the ritual ended, Nathema was no longer a world. It was a husk sucked dry. Lord Vitiate sacrificed millions, stealing their life force to make himself immortal. Their deaths also made him stronger than any Sith who had come before, and he ceased to be known as Lord Vitiate. On that day, the Emperor was truly born.”

Will you stop now LeGenD?

EDIT: Just saw what Ant posted. Sorry.

Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

No probs Ant.

A final word: Legend, I have all those quotes already and most of them outright say that the ritual was what drained the planet. Its astounding that you do not see it.

But whatever. The matter is dropped.

The Merchant

Wow, this thread is at page 31. Most threads don't even reach double digits.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 03:26 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
As thread maker, S_W_LeGenD I ask you to stop your argument concerning The Sith Emperor's drain for a appropriate conversation to commence. The thread has reached 600 posts thanks to your stubborn nature against a majority of the active forum members itself. It is clear you will not change your mind regardless of what is presented to you, and while I accept that, you need to accept my decision. This thread has went from a serious discussion to *numerous* members asking me to take action against you. If anyone even wants to continue this debate, in which I doubt it to be honest, various other factors have yet to be discussed on reasonable terms. Thank you.

I have conceded to several points in this thread alone, do not believe me? Check opening pages.

However, I will not concede to every opinion and argument without valid reason. We are having a debate, it doesn't matters if it approaches 600 posts or pages.

You all are stubborn, not just me.

This thread features Sith Emperor, Nathema will come in to play.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 03:26 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Bane and Zannah do not have official hype like that of The Ones, if they had...

Neph does assumes that Bane is on par with Sidious and Zannah is on par with Emperor Vitiate which is ridiculous.

Not nearly as ridiculous as you suggesting Vitiate is One level...

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 03:27 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I have conceded to several points in this thread alone, do not believe me? Check opening pages.

However, I will not concede to every opinion and argument without valid reason. We are having a debate, it doesn't matters if it approaches 600 posts or pages.

You all are stubborn, not just me.

If you fail to accept to my terms to stop this debate, the moderators will be notified to get involved. This has gone too far with too many members insulted by you on every post. I am sorry.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 03:29 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Bane has matched Sidious in many of his feats and Zannah is more powerful even than Bane. My arguments are not ridiculous and many have supported them over the years. No one agrees with you.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 03:29 AM