KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Understanding Ritual of Nathema and Emperor's capability to perform Force Drain

Understanding Ritual of Nathema and Emperor's capability to perform Force Drain
Started by: S_W_LeGenD

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Who?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 03:55 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
All the evidence suggests Vitiate used the ritual directly to drain Nathema.

Ritual was performed to create the largest nexus of the dark side ever. Once this happened, Emperor turned on his allies to unleash Force Drain on them and tapped in to this nexus of the dark side to augment the performance of his Force Drain. Other Sith Lords were performing the ritual when Emperor turned on them and drained them, ending the ritual. This is what I gather from the collective information.

Try to understand that ritual was performed to create the largest nexus of the dark side ever (revealed in Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia), it was not performed to unleash Force Drain. Emperor unleashed Force Drain by tapping in to the nexus to augment his coverage of consumption to planetary scale, he turned on his allies and consumed them instead.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jul 19th, 2014 at 03:59 PM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 03:55 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Who?

Read the end of his second post.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 03:59 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
@DarthAnt66
Whether you apologize or quote me 100 times, you are not going to get any response from me from now onwards. And if you bother me too much, I will put you on ignore and this would be really unfortunate since I do not believe at putting someone on ignore. I am sorry, it is over between us.

There was never anything between you and Ant. Ant's heart and genitals always belonged to Neph. <3

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 03:59 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Oh.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 04:00 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Ritual was performed to create the largest nexus of the dark side ever.

No it wasn't.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 04:01 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

lmao @ Vitiate Rocks

You don't really have a life do you?

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 04:02 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

The text clearly states that the ritual drained the planet and extended Vitiate's life.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 04:02 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
No it wasn't.

Actually yes, it was stated as the largest Dark side Nexus in history, including all future sites.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 04:08 PM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

quote:
Your attitude was shocking in the referred thread, you are among those members that I have personally respected in this forum. You accused me of insulting others in 'every' post during the discussion in the referenced thread which is simply not true, others have explicitly insulted me as well but you didn't warn them. You singled me out in the thread to take away the liberty from me to have a debate in that thread because some members didn't like the points that I raised. My friend, this type of behavior have consequences. Never in my life I have shied away from a debate or ignored any member just because of disagreements, but you have gone a bit too far. I have decided to ignore you at full capacity from no-onwards. What you did is worse then insulting. Whether you apologize or quote me 100 times, you are not going to get any response from me from now onwards. And if you bother me too much, I will put you on ignore and this would be really unfortunate since I do not believe at putting someone on ignore. I am sorry, it is over between us, thanks to actions of some members who motivated you to act against me and your lack of judgment. Let this be a lesson for you, next time you do injustice to someone, think about the consequences of your actions. I can cope with insults but I will not compromise on my rights and dignity. And if any other member ever tries to repeat the aforementioned mistake, I will have a serious discussion with the entire Administration of KMC about the tendency of fellow members to impose unjustified restrictions on other members in debates in their threads. I understand imposing restrictions on trolling, I understand having rules for topic, but I don't understand imposing restriction on the right to participate in the debate.

This was a great read, but a little rich legend, you've quoted year old threads in an attempt to discredit people.

Take your own advice.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 04:09 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

While Legend didn't directly insult people in every post, his condescending tone as extremely rude and insulting.

Originally posted by psmith81992
Actually yes, it was stated as the largest Dark side Nexus in history, including all future sites.

I meant that creating the nexus wasn't the purpose of the ritual.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 04:09 PM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Emperordmb
The text clearly states that the ritual drained the planet and extended Vitiate's life.

Event of Nathema is not described in one text, it is described in multiple texts and each text brings a new detail to light.

If you will exclusively focus on following two texts:

The pain, energy, and suffering of every living entity on the planet fueled his power and would prolong his life for centuries. (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia)

&

Every man, woman, and child on Nathema died that day. Every beast, bird, and fish; all the insects and plants; every living being touched by the Force was consumed. When the ritual ended, Nathema was no longer a world. It was a husk sucked dry. (Darth Nyriss, Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan)

- You will get the impression that the Force Drain part was somehow ritual's doing. Ritual is not a sentient being, a ritual is simply a method to perform an act or unleash a Force power. Sith Lords were not performing the act to unleash Force Drain on each other, they were performing the ritual to create a powerful nexus of the dark side as apparent from this text:

The ritual lasted ten days. Lord Vitiate orchestrated the sorcery and the planet Mediraas was consumed by the largest dark side nexus the galaxy would ever see. (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia)

Now, if you will factor-in following texts as well:

Lord Vitiate sacrificed millions, stealing their life force to make himself immortal. Their deaths also made him stronger than any Sith who had come before, and he ceased to be known as Lord Vitiate. On that day, the Emperor was truly born. (Darth Nyriss, Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia)

&

Calling on the dark side, Lord Vitiate devoured them. He fed on their power, absorbing it into himself, utterly obliterating all traces of his victims. (Darth Nyriss, Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia)

&

He executes the Sith Council and consumes the life force of thousands of Sith Lords in a terrifying ritual that extends his life and vastly increases his capacity as a practitioner of the Force. (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia)

- You may realize that Emperor performed the act of Force Drain on his own accord. As the ritual was ongoing, Emperor turned on his allies and betrayed them. He may have tapped in to the nexus of the dark side created over his homeworld to augment his performance with Force Drain.

This is the gist of this matter. I cannot clarify this further.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jul 19th, 2014 at 04:51 PM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 04:42 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Selenial
This was a great read, but a little rich legend, you've quoted year old threads in an attempt to discredit people.

Take your own advice.

You don't understand. OP falsely accused me of insulting others in every post of mine and imposed restriction on me to not partake in the ongoing debate in his thread concerning the matter of Nathema. OP doesn't gets to decide what I should post or not, I was having a debate, not trolling or something. This is the cause of the rift. I don't appreciate those who try to restrict my rights to contribute and partake in a debate as I deem fit. OP singled me out for insults, not warned others as well who had actually insulted me.

B/W My beef is with OP, not you. You stay out of this.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Jul 19th, 2014 at 04:53 PM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 04:46 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

You don't understand. OP falsely accused me of insulting others in every post of mine and imposed restriction on me to not partake in the ongoing debate in his thread concerning the matter of Nathema. OP doesn't gets to decide what I should post or not, I was having a debate, not trolling or something. This is the cause of the rift. I don't appreciate those who try to restrict my rights to contribute and partake in a debate as I deem fit.

B/W My beef is with OP, not you. You stay out of this.

Fine, I'll stay out of it, but I have to ask.

Do you know what OP means? Seems like you're using it in sort of the wrong context.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 04:48 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Ant just wanted the argument to cease since it was going nowhere and getting heated. He was acting in his rights as the thread-maker in stopping a pointless argument that was clogging up his thread, it wasn't anything personal Legend.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 04:49 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Well can anyone else point out besides me that his description of a "ritual" might not be accurate in Star Wars lore?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 06:52 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Vitiate Rocks
LOL Ant you rage quitted the chat.

I have better things to do then to here from you of all people that I troll.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Jul 19th, 2014 at 06:58 PM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 06:55 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Well can anyone else point out besides me that his description of a "ritual" might not be accurate in Star Wars lore?

Selenial already did and pointed out the source that proves it. Legend ignored her.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 06:56 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Oh.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 07:07 PM
Unbowed

Originally posted by Selenial
Still not equal to Nihilus.

The Book of Sith proves that much at least.

What do you mean? As far as I know Nihilus is not referenced in the Book of Sith.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2014 07:18 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote