KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Which one is more impressive???

Which one is more impressive???
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sabro
I feel like stopping him is skyfather level achievement as he is powered by being who hangs with Elder Gods.

Isn't the lasso made from Gaeas girdle, who's Elder God level?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 05:09 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Would the Uru crushing be higher then crushing adamantium considering the hammer destroyed that adamantium statue?

Also where is destroying the asteroid that with twice the size of earth.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 05:10 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by golem370
Would the Uru crushing be higher then crushing adamantium considering the hammer destroyed that adamantium statue?

Also where is destroying the asteroid that with twice the size of earth.

Carver was referencing Gray Hull doing it. Which isn't a strength feat, so not really impressive as such.

Uru has definitely dented adamntium before too, come to think of it.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 05:12 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Sabro
I feel like stopping him is skyfather level achievement as he is powered by being who hangs with Elder Gods.
Skyfathers can't normally kill a high herald with a single blow, nor could they physically damage uru or adamantium. Any showings of it are very rare outliers.

With that said, Juggs enchantment is less than planetary. The reason why we should know this is because Juggs can be stopped before the Earth is pushed back (or gives in).

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 05:44 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sorrow

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Carver was referencing Gray Hull doing it. Which isn't a strength feat, so not really impressive as such.

Uru has definitely dented adamntium before too, come to think of it.

Lol of course it's a strength feat, Hulk literally destroyed the asteroid.

Also Adamantium is definitely more durable than Uru as implied by Thor himself, aswell as the fact Uru has been destroyed several times.

As for the thread it depends who is performing said feat I guess but one-shot killing a top high herald would be most impressive, this rarely ever happens, followed by one-shotting a planet. On this list crushing Uru is the least impressive imo.

Last edited by The Sorrow on Sep 30th, 2014 at 08:13 AM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 08:02 AM
The Sorrow is currently offline Click here to Send The Sorrow a Private Message Find more posts by The Sorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by h1a8
Skyfathers can't normally kill a high herald with a single blow, nor could they physically damage uru or adamantium. Any showings of it are very rare outliers.

With that said, Juggs enchantment is less than planetary. The reason why we should know this is because Juggs can be stopped before the Earth is pushed back (or gives in).

Odin's dropped Surfer like a bag of 'tatoes.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 08:02 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by The Sorrow
Lol of course it's a strength feat, Hulk literally destroyed the asteroid.

Also Adamantium is definitely more durable than Uru as implied by Thor himself, aswell as the fact Uru has been destroyed several times.

As for the thread it depends who is performing said feat I guess but one-shot killing a top high herald would be most impressive, this rarely ever happens, followed by one-shotting a planet. On this list crushing Uru is the least impressive imo.

So if I shoot a rifle bullet at a watermelon, and it explodes - I have a 'strong' bullet?

When hollow points mushroom and blow someone's head, is is a strength feat for my hollow point? Can I brag about the strength of my bullet? If body armour stops the bullet, should I go to the shop and complain that my bullets are too weak?

Or do I bite the bullet(!) and say the blowing up of the watermelon is a function of the bullet's propellant, and it's hardness?

The Hulk was a bullet, nothing more. He was propelled by rocket springs, and hit the asteroid as it was hurtling towards Earth (at a high speed, too). He then collided with the asteroid, and his own durability meant he smashed it. But we always knew the Hulk is more durable than rock.

Second analogy. If a car is speeding towards a wall, and smashes into it, totalling the car - do we say the wall has strength? Yes, linguistically, we do, lol, but it's not as if the wall exerted its muscles.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 09:44 AM
The Sorrow

So if I shoot a rifle bullet at a watermelon, and it explodes - I have a 'strong' bullet?

When hollow points mushroom and blow someone's head, is is a strength feat for my hollow point? Can I brag about the strength of my bullet? If body armour stops the bullet, should I go to the shop and complain that my bullets are too weak?

Or do I bite the bullet(!) and say the blowing up of the watermelon is a function of the bullet's propellant, and it's hardness?

The Hulk was a bullet, nothing more. He was propelled by rocket springs, and hit the asteroid as it was hurtling towards Earth (at a high speed, too). He then collided with the asteroid, and his own durability meant he smashed it. But we always knew the Hulk is more durable than rock.

Second analogy. If a car is speeding towards a wall, and smashes into it, totalling the car - do we say the wall has strength? Yes, linguistically, we do, lol, but it's not as if the wall exerted its muscles.

Except the ratio in size difference between Hulk and an asteroid TWICE Earths size is astronomically bigger compared to that of a rifle bullet and a melon. Plus that is what a hollow point is designed to do. There are plenty of bullet types or sizes that WOULDN'T destroy the melon, your analogy doesn't really fit this example.

Hulk literally smashed the asteroid on impact, that wouldn't have happened if he was simply "fired like a bullet" and let his durability take care of the rest. IIRC prior to the feat it was implied if not outright stated that only the Hulk was strong enough to pull it off which is why he was even involved.

Last edited by The Sorrow on Sep 30th, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 11:00 AM
The Sorrow is currently offline Click here to Send The Sorrow a Private Message Find more posts by The Sorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Except the ratio in size difference between Hulk and an asteroid TWICE Earths size is astronomically bigger compared to that of a rifle bullet and a melon. Plus that is what a hollow point is designed to do. There are plenty of bullet types or sizes that WOULDN'T destroy the melon, your analogy doesn't really fit this example.

Hulk literally smashed the asteroid on impact, that wouldn't have happened if he was simply "fired like a bullet" and let his durability take care of the rest. IIRC prior to the feat it was implied if not outright stated that only the Hulk was strong enough to pull it off which is why he was even involved.

thumb up

Don't know what Dark was talking about.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 11:22 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Proof that it wouldn't have happened if he hadn't been used as a cannonball?

Your argument can be explained away by comic book physics, which is this:

Your argument says that at smaller sizes, a bullet wouldn't smash a watermelon because it's too tiny - firing a ball bearing at a watermelon would just cause it to pierce the melon, not smash it, correct?

That's real life.

In comics, size/mass ratios are ignored. So Superman can catch a falling plane without ripping chunks of it off, or Hulk can lift tanks without it collapsing under its own weight, or Aquaman can lift cruise ships without them snapping in half. They even have to come up with a BS explanation for Superman, with his TK crap or whatever. But generally, size/mass ratios are ignored in comics.

So in a comic, firing small bullets at large objects could well cause them to blow apart, because comic writers/artists aren't concerned with RL physics.

My point still stands, however. He was fired at the asteroid, and they doubted he would be strong enough, even with the assist. He smashed into the point of it (it wasn't a nice spherical ball, but shaped) and broke it. Perhaps, rather than thinking of a smushy watermelon, think of something more brittle. The point would still stand.

So imagine an extremely hard, but brittle material. I can use an extreme, and use glass. In this case, firing a ball bearing at a pointed shaped glass mass WOULD cause it to shatter, even if it's a small ball bearing.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 11:45 AM
carver9

Dark...compare Hulk to the size of Earth. Now compare him to something twice the size of Earth. Hulk hitting a meteor TWICE the size of Earth is like a flee with high end durability going at super speed ramming Earth. It won't do a thing to it. Think Dark and compare the size unless you think a bullet can be shot at Earth and destroy it. The size of Hulk compared to something twice the size of the earth is pretty much the same thing.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 12:07 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

So when Aquaman lifts a cruise ship, and it doesn't snap in half.....should we think about the RL physics of it?

When the Hulk punches something twice the size of Earth and smashes it, should we think about the RL physics of it?

Because trust me, you don't want to go down that route.

Because what you are essentially saying is that the force produced by propelling the Hulk at the asteroid is not enough to smash it - but the force transmitted THROUGH HIS FISTS by punching it, even though the size of his fist is even smaller than the whole of the Hulk, is enough.

Think, carver, think.

If the Hulk punches the asteroid, what is making contact? His knuckles. Let's be generous, and say his fist.

Compare his fist to the the asteroid TWICE the size of the EArth. That's like a flea with high end durabilty punching the EArth.

Somehow, you and Sorrow are asking me to believe that firing the Hulk is not enough to smash the asteroid - but if he were to use his fists (with a MUCH smaller surface area) he can, because he now has his arm and back muscles providing extra thrust???

REALLY?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 12:17 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Re: Which one is more impressive???

1. Destroying a planet the size of Earth with a single hit.
  2. Killing a High Herald with a single punch.
  3. Stopping Classic Juggernaut forward momentum.
  4. Destroying Adamantium with your bare hands.
  5. Crumbling enchanted Uru with you bare hands.
  6. Breaking Wonder Woman lasso.
  7. Pushing Earth.

Last edited by Astner on Sep 30th, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 12:21 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Astner where is the quote in your signature from?

It's not Vinland Saga, is it?

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 12:30 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by krisblaze
Astner where is the quote in your signature from?

It's not Vinland Saga, is it?

No, it's from my own work.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 12:36 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

So when Aquaman lifts a cruise ship, and it doesn't snap in half.....should we think about the RL physics of it?

When the Hulk punches something twice the size of Earth and smashes it, should we think about the RL physics of it?

Because trust me, you don't want to go down that route.

Because what you are essentially saying is that the force produced by propelling the Hulk at the asteroid is not enough to smash it - but the force transmitted THROUGH HIS FISTS by punching it, even though the size of his fist is even smaller than the whole of the Hulk, is enough.

Think, carver, think.

If the Hulk punches the asteroid, what is making contact? His knuckles. Let's be generous, and say his fist.

Compare his fist to the the asteroid TWICE the size of the EArth. That's like a flea with high end durabilty punching the EArth.

Somehow, you and Sorrow are asking me to believe that firing the Hulk is not enough to smash the asteroid - but if he were to use his fists (with a MUCH smaller surface area) he can, because he now has his arm and back muscles providing extra thrust???

REALLY?

Your entire post is basically what we are saying. Strength played a role in that ft. This doesn't have a thing to do with durability because like I've stated before (by the way, YOU are the one who started using real life physics for a comic...remember, bullet vs watermelon). I don't think a flee could destroy earth if it's propelled at super speed. Now if that flee was propelled at super speed and had high end STRENGTH along with great durability, it sure can happen. By the way, you naming all of Hulk's and Superman, AND Aquaman strength fts doesn't help your argument.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 12:39 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

All I know is that Wonder Woman broke her lasso in the Red Son series.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 12:44 PM
DarkSaint85

No, you're not getting my point.

Analogy time.

Let's say I have two walls. And I shot you at one of them. This will be wall A. At wall B, you stand in front of it, and punched it. Let's say it take 100 joules of energy to smash it. You've been drinking your milk, so you swole, you can smash it.

From the wall's perspective, you flying into the wall with your fists outstretched, like your fav comic character Superman, is EXACTLY the same as you standing in front and punching it like your fav character Superman. It is STILL your fists that make contact, and it is still the same amount of energy needed to smash the wall. No matter how you hit the wall, it still takes 100J to smash it.

NOW. You and Sorrow are saying its a strength feat (and purely, as you said it has NOTHING to do with durability) But the wall don't care. You still impact it with 100J of energy. Yet, strangely, you're saying that being shot at the wall (imagine its a massive wall, twice the size of Earth ) with 100J of energy is < punching it with 100J of energy, because......the wall is really big.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 12:49 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Astner
All I know is that Wonder Woman broke her lasso in the Red Son series.

Non-canon.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 12:50 PM
carver9

No, you're not getting my point.

Analogy time.

Let's say I have two walls. And I shot you at one of them. This will be wall A. At wall B, you stand in front of it, and punched it. Let's say it take 100 joules of energy to smash it. You've been drinking your milk, so you swole, you can smash it.

From the wall's perspective, you flying into the wall with your fists outstretched, like your fav comic character Superman, is EXACTLY the same as you standing in front and punching it like your fav character Superman. It is STILL your fists that make contact, and it is still the same amount of energy needed to smash the wall. No matter how you hit the wall, it still takes 100J to smash it.

NOW. You and Sorrow are saying its a strength feat (and purely, as you said it has NOTHING to do with durability) But the wall don't care. You still impact it with 100J of energy. Yet, strangely, you're saying that being shot at the wall (imagine its a massive wall, twice the size of Earth ) with 100J of energy is < punching it with 100J of energy, because......the wall is really big.

I think it's a strength, durability, and flight ft. Strength had its part in it unless again, you think a bullet can destroy Earth because Hulk compared to something TWICE the size of Earth is pretty much the same thing as something the size of a bullet destroying Earth. That's where you are missing a couple of pieces. The size difference. Hulk isn't even the size of a dust mite compared to something twice the size of Earth, so again, strength had to have had play in it...a lot of play. Your analogies doesn't make sense and has nothing to do with what happened.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 12:57 PM