KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Kill the Surfer!

Kill the Surfer!
Started by: Estacado

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Why are you ignoring the fact Thanos himself says it's Keyes to his power signature?

He created the machine so he knows more than Moodragon.

Simply put he never matched Thanos power therefore it gives no hint of a power up.

Using that rationale any character that possessed cosmic power would have been able to unlock the device, which would not make it a failsafe at all. Thanos keyed it specifically so that only he could activate and operate it. I find your position an illogical interpretation of the scans. It's not as simple as anyone possessing cosmic power being able to operate the machine.

*edit

I'm actually at work now so I don't have access to my comics to produce more scans to support my position at the moment, so I'll post some more to substantiate my position on Annihilation when I get home.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Last edited by illadelph on Sep 29th, 2014 at 03:47 PM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 03:43 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by MF DELPH
Using that rationale any character that possessed cosmic power would have been able to unlock the device, which would not make it a failsafe at all. Thanos keyed it specifically so that only he could activate and operate it. I find your position an illogical interpretation of the scans. It's not as simple as anyone possessing cosmic power being able to operate the machine.

*edit

I'm actually at work now so I don't have access to my comics to produce more scans to support my position at the moment, so I'll post some more to substantiate my position on Annihilation when I get home.
so you're going to ingnore what Thanos says himself on panel?

Good job Carver Jnr thumb up

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 03:47 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I'm ignoring your interpretation.

Also, flippancy is wasted on me.

>Z<

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 03:47 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Good job Carver Jnr thumb up

Oh snap!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 03:48 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Why did you have to quote him? I have him on ignore. He's the only one that doesn't think Surfer got an upgrade. Sad news is, he did. Good posts from everyone.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 03:50 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Digi Delph 3 incoming.

For all the marbles.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 03:50 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

I'm ignoring your interpretation.

Also, flippancy is wasted on me.
my interpretation lol, it's what is shown on panel and stated by the guy who created the machine , his words have more value than Moondragons as she changed from what she originally stated.

Not been flippant, you're ignoring what Thanos said to try and prove your point the same way carver does.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 03:57 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Oh snap!
so did Thanos not say on panel the machine is keyed to his power signature?

Am I lying ?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 03:58 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Re-read my post at the top of this page.

>Z<

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 04:00 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Digi Delph 3 incoming.

For all the marbles.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 04:01 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

so did Thanos not say on panel the machine is keyed to his power signature?

Am I lying ?

I'm not even looking into that. I'm simply going by what Big G said and his overall performance since then. His avg post Annihilation is pretty high.

Best example is his record with Thor. An ass whoopin was what he used to get. Now he takes amped hammer shots with a smile.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 04:07 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I'm not even looking into that. I'm simply going by what Big G said and his overall performance since then. His avg post Annihilation is pretty high.

Best example is his record with Thor. An ass whoopin was what he used to get. Now he takes amped hammer shots with a smile.
he average has all ways been pretty high unless you include his really poor low showings.

And it's a fallacy he gets has ass kicked everytime he fights Thor, the only time he really kicked his ass was during Blood&Thunder.

If surfer is powered up where was this power against the likes of Beta Ray Bill and Thanos

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 04:17 PM
Insane Titan

Re-read my post at the top of this page.
so you're standing by your stance that Moondragon knows more about the machine Thanos created himself and that a weak Surfer is equal in power to Thanos?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 04:23 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I'm standing by it being depicted on panel that the machine could only be operated by Thanos by design, Moondragon stating the machine was keyed to Thanos's power level, Drax stating that Surfer would need to give his all as the universe depended on him, and Surfer exerting so much power that it caused Drax to fly back from the exertion. If it was a simple matter of any being that possessed cosmic power being able to operate it it wouldn't have been a failsafe and Thanos wouldn't have been the only person capable of activating it.

I find your interpretation lacking, and illogical.

>Z<

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 04:33 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Also, re-read my clarification on the previous page. I never stated Surfer was equal to Thanos, and even restated that point.

>Z<

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 04:40 PM
LordofBrooklyn

Carver started this and is now watching outside of the line of fire.

Carver has evolved!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 04:46 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Carver started this and is now watching outside of the line of fire.

Carver has evolved!

smile (rubbing hands together).

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 05:14 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

he average has all ways been pretty high unless you include his really poor low showings.

And it's a fallacy he gets has ass kicked everytime he fights Thor, the only time he really kicked his ass was during Blood&Thunder.

If surfer is powered up where was this power against the likes of Beta Ray Bill and Thanos

Well they've only fought a handful of times. Less really...

Looked to me Surf had the upper hand during Godhunter.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 05:25 PM
carver9

Lol...Surfer was pounding on Bill during the end and tanked his charged hammer shot. Will post scans soon.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 05:27 PM
carver9

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 05:31 PM