KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Vitiate (no lightning) vs Yuuzhan Vong

Vitiate (no lightning) vs Yuuzhan Vong
Started by: Emperordmb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NewGuy01
perpetual

Sith are force resistant too. He still dominates them.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2014 04:11 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Sith are force resistant too. He still dominates them.

Sith have force barriers that can be battered down. Vong have a void in the force, the force goes around them.

For example, a good force user can hide their intentions from a weaker one when attacking, but a better force user can sense through it, but it doesn't matter how good your sensing is, you will-not sense Vong attacks coming unless you train to pick up an absence rather than a presence.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2014 04:21 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I see. If he put up a Cade-style Force Bubble, though, I'm not sure how they'd get past that. Of course, that would only grant him a stalemate, as he can't attack either.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2014 04:52 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

I see. If he put up a Cade-style Force Bubble, though, I'm not sure how they'd get past that. Of course, that would only grant him a stalemate, as he can't attack either.

I think the key here is whether to take his accolades seriously or not and use common sense. Vitiate's main ability onscreen is lightning but considering that he spent 1400 years mastering the dark side of the force, he undoubtedly knows/has a lot of force powers.

However, if we are to assume he is only capable of what he displayed onscreen, taking the lighting away is a big deal especially since he won't be able to use TK much in this setting.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2014 10:22 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nalaniel

Vitiate is a loser who can't do shit off nexus. He's just an old grampa.

#Carthage

Old Post Oct 7th, 2014 10:52 AM
Click here to Send Nalaniel a Private Message Find more posts by Nalaniel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Yea, a force bubble would be the right defensive move, if he makes the right call. Since it doesn't seem to be one of his go-to moves, there's a good chance he won't use one.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2014 03:59 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

He's used one against T3 and HoT.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2014 04:17 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

VONG SLAUGHTERHOUSE

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 11:46 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Yelling about it won't make it happen. You're like 10 now you should know this.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 11:48 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I wasn't yelling I was typing you dimwit

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 11:50 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

We're gonna work on your manners when I adopt you.

You have absolutely no argument other than your usual trolling and yapping about nexus.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 11:56 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

There is no nexus here tard, and there are more Vong who are force resistant in an environment where Vitiate is open and prone to attack

Unless Vitiate is a master duelist he is ****ed and would require time to charge, which a squad of bloodthirsty Vong wont grant him. The vong stuff a bug up his ass and he dies

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 12:02 AM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

I was referring to how you ignore all his feats with nexus argument, little one.

He can duplicate himself, giving his original body the opportunity to charge for a deadly attack. Also, he can summon other force attacks without charging as he did with his FLS against the strike team. He backed off the jedi with it and simultaneously charged for a following attack.

BTW, I never said Vitiate wins but believing that he would go down easily is stupid.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 12:12 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Those replicas can be taken out by an astromech....just saying. And Vong might not actually be phased by his "deadly attack." That Lightning actually did need to be charged. Twice.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 12:31 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Those replicas can be taken out by an astromech....just saying.

One of them was stunned by it. Thats it. Their entire purpose is to create that distraction for him.

quote:
And Vong might not actually be phased by his "deadly attack."

He can keep going as long as it takes. Not sure if 20 of them would be too much to handle though. I don't really remember how many vong warriors were there to face powerful force users in NJO.

quote:
That Lightning actually did need to be charged. Twice.

No it actually did not. He instantly summoned it the first time.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 12:38 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

And assuming they all have their weaponry the clones get cut downthumb up. He is out of his element here and has no cover, once the replicas are down he'd have to charge his attack and then they'd down him. He has no recourse given he has to charge to do anything

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 12:40 AM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by carthage
once the replicas are down he'd have to charge his attack and then they'd down him.

And you think he would just sit there and wait while the replicas are getting cut down?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 12:44 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Sinious
One of them was stunned by it. Thats it. Their entire purpose is to create that distraction for him.

Except they all dissipate when hit.

quote:

He can keep going as long as it takes. Not sure if 20 of them would be too much to handle though. I don't really remember how many vong warriors were there to face powerful force users in NJO.

You're acting like those illusions have actually lasted longer than a second each. Against the Vong who might not even see them or react to them, for all we know, they won't be helping Vitiate much. The fact that T3 can see them shows they might be detectable, but even then the HoT could have just pointed them out.
quote:

No it actually did not. He instantly summoned it the first time.

Not really. It actually took him time to concentrate it. He didn't instantly attack anyone.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 12:47 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Lmao those clones were killed by an astromech droid. Real powerful stuff. thumb up

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 12:50 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

And Vitiate was made to back off by one too. When it fired on him by surprise because he hadn't given two shits about it until that point. Just like the clone was stunned by T7 because it had run passed him without paying him any attention, letting him shoot it in the back by surprise.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 12:53 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote