KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Traya vs Count Dooku

Darth Traya vs Count Dooku
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AncientPower
The Chosen One

We must however take note that the Exile was the person Traya was relying on entirely, I am not saying Traya held back but I don't think she was being as focused as she could have been, the dialogue of the fight makes it seem like she was teaching yet another lesson.

Her stealth and mind abilities however could prove lethal against Dooku.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 12:39 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arhael
Dooku did not get ragdolled by Yoda. Why should there even be such possibility that Traya would?

Who said anything about Traya ragdolling him?

Though Yoda never actually tried to attack Dooku with the Force. Sidious, Yoda's equal, was able to choke him from across the galaxy.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 12:42 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Originally posted by Nephthys
Who said anything about Traya ragdolling him?

Though Yoda never actually tried to attack Dooku with the Force. Sidious, Yoda's equal, was able to choke him from across the galaxy.

No one said but people somehow give the edge in Force to her, which is ridiculous. Sidious caught Dooku off guard. Yoda has no problem with overpowering his opponents with TK, if he can, as demonstrated on Ventress, hence, wouldn't work on Dooku.

Dooku: "It is obvious that this contest couldn't be decided by our knowledge of the Force but by our skills with a lightsaber".
Yoda did not disagree.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 12:57 PM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You don't have to ragdoll someone to win via the Force.

Yoda just doesn't like going at someone with the Force. He's obviously more powerful than Dooku and could in fact kick his ass with TK. I don't see why Sidious, the guy who radolled Maul and Savage at the same time, needs to catch Dooku off guard to pwn him.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 01:07 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Yes, because it is easier to engage in lightsaber combat, while you can barely walk.
Nah, I don't buy it that Yoda "could". Example with brothers is irrelevant, Sidious even turned away to make the attack less expected. If there is an opportunity to successfully Force blast someone, Yoda has no qualms of doing it as he demonstrated on Sidious on two occasions.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 01:21 PM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You know the quote I'm going to post contradicting that already, so is there even a point?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 01:22 PM
Arhael
Devoid of reality

You know the quote I'm going to post contradicting that already, so is there even a point?

Honestly can't remember. Which one?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 01:24 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

"A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack."

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 01:27 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Yeah, I always took it to mean that, too. He wasn't hurling anything back at Dooku, other than the one burst of lightning. When he says it's clear the contest cannot be decided by their knowledge of the force, I thought he meant because it's clear Yoda is just defending everything he throws and not trying to do shit back, so he engages him in sabers.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 01:36 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

"A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack."

Yeah, that's why Yoda Force hurls himself at Dooku with raging *wrawrr*, which totally contradicts the quote. Unless using Force jump to initiate an attack doesn't count or his lightsaber attacks weren't guided by the Force. It's a good quote to teach younglings but that's as far as it goes.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 01:49 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

I may go Dooku too.

Yeah but if Dooku can tank her Force attacks and get in close she's boned.

Not really, the Exile was a master duelist. She beat Atris, a purely physical Juyo master of the high council in pure saber combat, in Atris' personal Nexus...
Traya held her own against Surik for quite some time.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 02:01 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by The Merchant
O wait eye forgot Dooku does know how to counter Drain and on the scale of the Dark Reaper, which absorbs armies. Yeh actually eye change mai vote 2 Dooku.

No he doesn't, and even so they're different techniques.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 02:02 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that's why Yoda Force hurls himself at Dooku with raging *wrawrr*, which totally contradicts the quote. Unless using Force jump to initiate an attack doesn't count or his lightsaber attacks weren't guided by the Force. It's a good quote to teach younglings but that's as far as it goes.

Yeah, lets just completely disregard what Yoda himself has stated on two separate occasions because your opinion is better than him. Seems legit.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 02:02 PM
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Yeah, lets just completely disregard what Yoda himself has stated on two separate occasions because your opinion is better than him. Seems legit.

It's not just my opinion, Yoda's actions speak for themselves. Destroying droids with TK. Disarming Ventress with TK. Force blasting Sidious and sending a platform at him. Heck, even sending Dooku's own lightning back at him is considered using the Force to attack. It's not my fault that Yoda consistently violated his own claim.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 02:10 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Selenial
Not really, the Exile was a master duelist. She beat Atris, a purely physical Juyo master of the high council in pure saber combat, in Atris' personal Nexus...
Traya held her own against Surik for quite some time.

Are you implying the Master Duelist isn't a master duelist? Really?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 02:12 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Are you implying the Master Duelist isn't a master duelist? Really?

I rate Dooku higher than you and am in no way saying she's better.
I just know that he won't be able to lol smash as soon as he gets in saber range, she will be able to retreat or camo etc.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 02:20 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

I rate Dooku higher than you and am in no way saying she's better.

How high do you honestly think I rank Dooku to make such statements?
quote:
I just know that he won't be able to lol smash as soon as he gets in saber range, she will be able to retreat or camo etc.

When did Neph say she couldn't?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 02:23 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
How high do you honestly think I rank Dooku to make such statements?

When did Neph say she couldn't?

You don't rate him higher than Malgus, do you?

When he said "If he can get in melee range she's boned"

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 02:24 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

You don't rate him higher than Malgus, do you?

Yes.
quote:

When he said "If he can get in melee range she's boned"

And she would be. That doesn't mean she'll die instantly, but she'll still die eventually.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 02:31 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

It's not just my opinion, Yoda's actions speak for themselves. Destroying droids with TK. Disarming Ventress with TK. Force blasting Sidious and sending a platform at him. Heck, even sending Dooku's own lightning back at him is considered using the Force to attack. It's not my fault that Yoda consistently violated his own claim.

None of those are particularly aggressive or violate the spirit of his words. You can point out supposed inconsistencies if you want but the fact is that Yoda notably prefers not to aggressively attack people with the Force, which is why he didn't beat up Dooku despite obviously being capable of doing so. Just because he smashes some droids and harmlessly uses it against some people on occasion doesn't mean that he'd smack around his favorite apprentice with it.

Frankly, you'd have to be as high as Emp to think that Dooku stands a chance against Yoda in an all-out Force battle.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 02:41 PM