KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Yuri Boyka vs Bourne

Yuri Boyka vs Bourne
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

LOL. You know Bourne uses real martial arts, called Escrima, right, and his combat tactics would and have worked IRL, right? Unless you are saying 12 year old girls can beat Kali fighters, LMFAO.

That's your opinion. Many people disagree. Don't try to make your viewpoint seem objective.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 04:05 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Psychotron

The Bourne movies are some of the worst "action" movies ever made.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 04:18 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Boyka uses "real" martial arts pretty much the same as Bourne uses "real" martial arts. Just saying.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 04:38 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Yes, he is. I'm reasonably sure an average gangbanger can take him in a fight in the real world.

The Bourne movies are some of the worst "action" movies ever made.

Ridiculous downplaying tactics of the character you hate is not the way to debate. So you lose again.

I disagree, the Bourne flicks were rather good, especially the first. But taste vary, as I didn't care for Undisputed 3 much and you seem to think it was brilliant.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 04:57 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by Robtard
Ridiculous downplaying tactics of the character you hate is not the way to debate. So you lose again.

I disagree, the Bourne flicks were rather good, especially the first. But taste vary, as I didn't care for Undisputed 3 much and you seem to think it was brilliant.

I'm not downplaying anything, because you haven't presented anything other than "DUDE 30 BILLION DOLLAR TRAINING LMAO" and other meaningless statements.

This first one was okay as far as story and characters, but the PG-13 rating, the shaky cam, and the cutaways during fight scenes ruined it as an action movie for me.

Originally posted by Lestov16
LOL. You know Bourne uses real martial arts, called Escrima, right, and his combat tactics would and have worked IRL, right? Unless you are saying 12 year old girls can beat Kali fighters, LMFAO.

That's your opinion. Many people disagree. Don't try to make your viewpoint seem objective.

LMAO. His martial art was about as real as Pamela Anderson's ****.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 09:16 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not downplaying anything, because you haven't presented anything other than "DUDE 30 BILLION DOLLAR TRAINING LMAO" and other meaningless statements.

This first one was okay as far as story and characters, but the PG-13 rating, the shaky cam, and the cutaways during fight scenes ruined it as an action movie for me.

Her **** are real.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 09:37 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

So you're going to ignore all the feats I went in detail about and just focus on that one statement. LMFAO

Walking away from 2 car crashes, a bullet, and a 10 story drop into the East River>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fighting with a broken leg

/story

You're reminding me of RJ when he attempted to say Bob L. Swagger could beat Agent 47. They are just in two entirely separate classes.

Also you not being able to comprehend the fights bears no objective weight on the match and makes you seem biased and uninformed.

Jack Bauer

Last edited by Lestov16 on Nov 6th, 2014 at 10:30 PM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 10:25 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

And on top of downplaying Bourne, you're now ignoring all the other points brought up thumb up

Well, there's no accounting for taste.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 10:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by Robtard
And on top of downplaying Bourne, you're now ignoring all the other points brought up thumb up

Well, there's no accounting for taste.

No, I already addressed everything you said, if you want to counted with something other than super-assassin hype bullshit then I'm game.

Tell me about it. You kids and your watered down "action" and superhero garbage have almost completely ruined summer blockbusters. Thank God for The Equalizer, John Wick, and The Raid 2 to keep me sated this year.

So you're going to ignore all the feats I went in detail about and just focus on that one statement. LMFAO

Walking away from 2 car crashes, a bullet, and a 10 story drop into the East River>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fighting with a broken leg

/story

You're reminding me of RJ when he attempted to say Bob L. Swagger could beat Agent 47. They are just in two entirely separate classes.

Also you not being able to comprehend the fights bears no objective weight on the match and makes you seem biased and uninformed.

I addressed all of this already. Walking away from a car crash is possible in real life. A ten story drop is possible in real life. Taking a bullet is possible in real life. It's all been done. Impressive but not impossible. But fighting and winning while literally crippled? No way.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 09:42 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

LOL what a straw man generalization. People may survive those things, but not all of them within a few hours, and not without being immediately hospitalized afterward. Bourne walked away from all that damage, and if you can find an account of someone tanking equivalent damage and not needing to be in an ICU after, please post it. Otherwise, you're massively downplaying Bourne just because you didn't like the movies.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 11:47 AM
Psychotron

LOL what a straw man generalization. People may survive those things, but not all of them within a few hours, and not without being immediately hospitalized afterward. Bourne walked away from all that damage, and if you can find an account of someone tanking equivalent damage and not needing to be in an ICU after, please post it. Otherwise, you're massively downplaying Bourne just because you didn't like the movies.

You're the one saying Boyka breaking a guy's leg with his own shattered knee isn't impressive and I'm the one downplaying? Lel.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 07:34 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

It's not as impressive as simultaneously tanking 2 car crashes, a bullet, and a 10 story drop into the East River and walking away from it without be hospitalized/dead. Not saying Boyka's a chump, but Boyka is like Michael Myers, whereas Bourne is like Godzilla.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 10:02 PM
Psychotron

It's not as impressive as simultaneously tanking 2 car crashes, a bullet, and a 10 story drop into the East River and walking away from it without be hospitalized/dead. Not saying Boyka's a chump, but Boyka is like Michael Myers, whereas Bourne is like Godzilla.

Yeah, no. But even if we don't agree on who's superior you have to agree that Boyka has the durability and damage soak to hang with Bourne. And with his superior skills and physical stats it's a win for the Ruskie.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2014 04:17 AM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

No, he does not. Boyka gets his limbs snapped in fights. Bourne doesn't get his limbs snapped even in multiple car crashes and a 10 story drop. Bourne wrecks him in the durability department, end of game.

"superior skills and physical stats"-

Jack Bauer

Old Post Nov 8th, 2014 02:30 PM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Last i checked Bourne was good at killing Russians:lol;

Old Post Nov 8th, 2014 02:52 PM
Psychotron

No, he does not. Boyka gets his limbs snapped in fights. Bourne doesn't get his limbs snapped even in multiple car crashes and a 10 story drop. Bourne wrecks him in the durability department, end of game.

"superior skills and physical stats"-

That's because Bourne fights shit tier opponents while Boyka fights legit skilled fighters. Also Boyka's broken knee > a normal man's leg as proven on screen.

At least Boyka can throw a proper punch and has real ground game, and he doesn't need to rely on weapons to beat his enemies. Call me when Bourne has a proper fight scene without shaky cam and a billion cutaways.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2014 06:03 AM
Jmanghan

bump

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 10:59 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Jmanghan
bump

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 09:28 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Bourne still wins
$30 million super weapon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>prison fighter

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 03:04 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bourne and it isn't close. Bourne is superhuman.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 05:40 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote