KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » House Of El: Goals For 2015

House Of El: Goals For 2015
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

How is being raised right and having morals a comic book psyche?
The man in Superman is the important part.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2015 01:26 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
How is being raised right and having morals a comic book psyche?
The man in Superman is the important part.

First of all you've misread my point. I didn't even say Supes good morals and him being raised right had anything to do with it. Allow me to explain.

I don't know your first name so I'll just use Riv as a name. You're given godlike power and guess what comes with it. Riv can now hear the cry of every screaming child in Africa. Each one that's dying in childbirth. Each one that dies due to being malnourished. Now extend that to every country in the world. How would Riv cope with that?

Would you just go "Oh well I am just gonna do some work at a newspaper company while 100,000 children die today". And probably all of the people who are about to be beheaded and he can hear the heartbeat and can sense the horror they are feeling.

Riv I can tell you right now if that happened to me you, McAbe or anyone on this Earth we'd go mental. I'd say most people would kill themselves within days.

Now that's what I am saying with a a comic book psyche. Superman is given godlike power but he isn't given a human like psyche to cope with it is he? He's not constantly thinking about each person whimpering and dying is he? He can hear them but he can shut it out due to having as I said a comic book psyche.

Whereas Sentry can't as he has a human like psyche where he hears every cry and feels obliged to help but he can't.

And if you have read Sentry's work you would know that CLOC is deliberately programmed too only tell Sentry about 1 incident at a time so Sentry deliberately doesn't think about it himself.

Because when he did last time this happened. CLOC was told by Tony to flood Roberts mind with thoughts, which would be like as if he was hearing it but as I mentioned CLOC usually wouldn't flood his mind.

(please log in to view the image)

Him being being "raised right and having morals" had nothing to do with what I am talking about at all. Because I wasn't talking about whether Sentry was raised properly. We know Robert was a drug addict as a child but that's about it.

So yeah in short his morals and being raised up right weren't what I was speaking of.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Jan 17th, 2015 at 03:31 PM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2015 03:27 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Well, first off, Riv is fine, though you can feel feee to call me Lenny if you like. wink

Second, That scenario is no different other than scale, to what many people face all the time.
If i were President, every time i relaxed, is time i could spend trying to stop suffering and death at home and abroad.
If i were a police man, every crime i stopped, i'd know there were hundreds of others i wasnt stopping.
Just 2 examples.
I see the point you're making, i just dont agree with it.
Pre DCnu Superman actually monologued about his ability/inability to be everywhere and do everything (specific comic escapes me).
His upbringing is what let him see that, despite all that god like power, he really is just a man.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2015 03:43 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Well, first off, Riv is fine, though you can feel feee to call me Lenny if you like. wink

Second, That scenario is no different other than scale, to what many people face all the time.
If i were President, every time i relaxed, is time i could spend trying to stop suffering and death at home and abroad.
If i were a police man, every crime i stopped, i'd know there were hundreds of others i wasnt stopping.
Just 2 examples.
I see the point you're making, i just dont agree with it.
Pre DCnu Superman actually monologued about his ability/inability to be everywhere and do everything (specific comic escapes me).
His upbringing is what let him see that, despite all that god like power, he really is just a man.

It's clear we openly disagree so it's probably best to just leave it there, I'll only say a couple of more things.

The president knows he could save people but he can't hear them which is what it focuses on.

If you were a Policeman yeah you would be aware of other crimes. But you wouldn't hear them, see them would you, that's again the point I am making they can both hear what is going on on the entire world. Whether it's in a forest in Malaysia or suburban London.

Sure Superman did act that way but like I am saying Sentry's psyche which in my opinion is a human one is that he can hear them and it drives him insane. He doesn't just say he realizes he can't save everyone so he wont. He has to save everyone but as we know CLOC is programmed. This explains my position a bit more.

Also apologies if my message sounded rude. Never intended for it to be so.

What I am saying is a person with a human brain wouldn't muse about the fact that he can't save everyone then carry on in his day. He would constantly have the death throes of millions on his mind. And we wouldn't be able to say "ah well were not fast enough to stop it." We'd go insane.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Jan 17th, 2015 at 03:52 PM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2015 03:49 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

But yeah, agree to disagree.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2015 03:55 PM
riv6672

No sweat, at least we're both passionate about these characters! smile

I'm sure we'll get back to name calling and lame put downs in a few posts, then all will be right in the...RedFont House of EEEEEL!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2015 04:03 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

No sweat, at least we're both passionate about these characters! smile

I'm sure we'll get back to name calling and lame put downs in a few posts, then all will be right in the...RedFont House of EEEEEL!

See this is a debate I really enjoyed, we didn't have to insult. And we are still friends at the end of it. There should be more debates like this instead of swearing and things like that.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2015 04:09 PM
riv6672

********ey******aba**** that!

wink

Old Post Jan 17th, 2015 04:11 PM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
But yeah, agree to disagree.

Never apologize to the help.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2015 05:14 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

First suggestion for a theme song, direct from the Superman homepage.

ARTIST: Aqua
ALBUM: Aquarius
SONG: Cartoon Heroes
LYRICS: It's a Superman, from NeverNeverLand
Welcome to their toon town party.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2015 11:26 PM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ur name associated in a Superman thread is a abysmal failure.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2015 06:20 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

On the off chance any House members meet in RL...Super Secret Handshake!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2015 08:54 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

On the off chance any House members meet in RL...Super Secret Handshake!

That would be more of a DBZ fusion dance tbh.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Jan 19th, 2015 10:48 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Lets keep it simple then.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2015 11:26 AM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Look like your usual song and dance till the bartender kicks ya out for being a lush.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2015 04:20 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Lets keep it simple then.

You should try to givev an constructive feedback. I don't mind humor but you just try to be polemic for no reason except...

If you don't like the house or Superman, why even bother, you surely have better things to do, constructive things that improve you life, i hope.

Don't worry i take no offense or your posts serious, i ask out of curiosity, about your human nature.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2015 04:51 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
You should try to givev an constructive feedback. I don't mind humor but you just try to be polemic for no reason except...

If you don't like the house or Superman, why even bother, you surely have better things to do, constructive things that improve you life, i hope.

Don't worry i take no offense or your posts serious, i ask out of curiosity, about your human nature.

Dont worry, i dont care if i offend you. wink
I came in here to goof around with LoB, who has a good sense of humor.
While i have TI on ignore, i'm preeeeetty sure from the way he keeps posting directly after me that his comments have been less constructive than insulting, yes?
I see nothing directed his way asking about his human nature as to why he follows me around the board attacking me, which tells me a bit about YOUR human nature.
Basically, Professor, thats the way it is, January 19, 2015.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2015 05:13 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Dont worry, i dont care if i offend you. wink
I came in here to goof around with LoB, who has a good sense of humor.
While i have TI on ignore, i'm preeeeetty sure from the way he keeps posting directly after me that his comments have been less constructive than insulting, yes?
I see nothing directed his way asking about his human nature as to why he follows me around the board attacking me, which tells me a bit about YOUR human nature.
Basically, Professor, thats the way it is, January 19, 2015.

LoB isn't here, as you know.
I am pretty sure you can't resist and read his posts, else you wouldn't bother replying.
TI has an personal interest in this thread as a House of El member, so he is not following you, on the contrary, you post here because of TI not because of LoB, that is just an cheap excuse, as LoB isn't here for a month and you care too much about TI posts, which I never mentioned because I was talking about you.
So now I know you human nature, thanks. I don't need more. wink

Old Post Jan 19th, 2015 05:40 PM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
LoB isn't here, as you know.
I am pretty sure you can't resist and read his posts, else you wouldn't bother replying.
TI has an personal interest in this thread as a House of El member, so he is not following you, on the contrary, you post here because of TI not because of LoB, that is just an cheap excuse, as LoB isn't here for a month and you care too much about TI posts, which I never mentioned because I was talking about you.
So now I know you human nature, thanks. I don't need more. wink

Riv thinks he is fooling people. TC you saw right through it as did I. Its obvious Lob isn't here, nor does Riv have anything to add to the House of El since his primarily role has been on HC and here to piss Abi and myself off. Riv's a worthless fcking troll.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2015 05:48 PM
riv6672

Wow, you're just as biased as can be aint ya, Professor?
Its good to know though. Unlike TI at least you've straight up said how you feel about me. thumb up

As to posting in this thread, i'm a Superman fan and i'll post in any Superman thread that interests me. I dont think anyone's invented a feature on boards that prohibits people from posting in certain threads, outside of the mod forums, which are private.
If i have anything i think is worth adding, be sure i'll post in this thread again, kay? smile

Old Post Jan 19th, 2015 05:51 PM