KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Daredevil

Daredevil
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tkitna

quote: (post)
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
Why do the have Elektra acting so bitchy? Like a high school girl in her rebellious stage bitchy. Wtf.

When has Elektra not been a *****? Just curious.

By Stoic

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 05:43 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Just finished the season. Pretty awesome.
Yeah there was some parts that dragged. Foggy and Page parts could have been shorter. But overall it was great thumb up

Now when do we get a stand alone Punisher series.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 07:24 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Punisher was played extremely well, but he's honestly not very interesting on his own. His motivation is boring and his actions are boring. Seen just on his own, there's nothing interesting he can do after a couple of episodes. His story only works here because they can contrast it to the much more nuanced Daredevil. I can't imagine that possibly working in his own series.

Mind you, I've no confidence that Luke Cage can carry his own series either. He was staggeringly dull in his own right in J; again, his stories only worked played off in comparison to her (and even then they were hardly the best bits).

Elektra also turned out dull- she started out with a personality but then descended into horrible cliche. I mean, I know she's a Frank Miller character- more so, a Frank Miller woman- and so that's to be expected, but I was thinking the would so something more with her, and they didn't.

I think Punisher's backstory needed tinkering with too.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 12:44 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Based on what we've seen of him thus far, I honestly believe a Netflix-based Punisher solo series could be absolutely fantastic. Hell, all they'd have to do is use Punisher MAX as their primary source material, and they really can't go wrong(any Punisher fans who haven't read this series really should do so ASAP--comics don't get much better.) Anyway, Shane obviously has the acting chops to give the character the depth he's always lacked on-screen(gratuitous violence notwithstanding), which is why a Punisher TV series could work so well.

Regardless, I think Shane's portrayal of Punisher stole the entire season. From a comic book standpoint, it really was a perfect depiction, imo.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 20th, 2016 at 03:24 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 03:20 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Jon stole the show, just as expected. thumb up

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 04:16 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The Punisher was fantastic, but I don't want a show for him.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 04:23 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

I agree with Galan, he is spot on as usual thumb up

I am skipping all of the Elektra parts, they are just horrible. It's like watching the arrow. thumb down

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Mar 20th, 2016 at 04:43 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 04:39 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by Galan007

Regardless, I think Shane's portrayal of Punisher stole the entire season. From a comic book standpoint, it really was a perfect depiction, imo.

I agree the Punisher was awesome, but that damned Kingpen is practically perfect.

By Stoic

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 04:51 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

The 12 yr old in me wanted more gratuitous violence from the Punisher but other than that Jon's portrayal of the characters was spot on. Makes me wish that the season was concentrated on just the Punisher/Daredevil conflict leaving the Elektra stuff for the next season.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 05:35 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by tkitna
I agree the Punisher was awesome, but that damned Kingpen is practically perfect.
Most definitely. thumb up

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 06:08 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

5 eppys in and I like this a lot... like DD's fighting style now...

which episode does [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Kingpin return in?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Last edited by Impediment on Mar 21st, 2016 at 12:12 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 07:32 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think it's [SPOILER - highlight to read]: at the end of the 9th episode.

Also yeah, this season was basically the origins of the Punisher.

Last edited by Impediment on Mar 21st, 2016 at 12:13 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 08:08 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

So are we not using spoiler tags anymore?

Anyway, finished episode 5. Absolutely phenomenal! Better than season 1 so far.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 08:35 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
The 12 yr old in me wanted more gratuitous violence from the Punisher but other than that Jon's portrayal of the characters was spot on. Makes me wish that the season was concentrated on just the Punisher/Daredevil conflict leaving the Elektra stuff for the next season.

Well they are making a Punisher series too. Or at least those who made DD have said they want to make an R rated Punisher series.

So in some ways this might of been like one incredibly long backdoor pilot.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 10:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

When has Elektra not been a *****? Just curious.

So she often blows bubbles into her drinks while people talk, klepto level stealing, and breaking whine glasses because she can?

Ha

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 11:01 PM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
So she often blows bubbles into her drinks while people talk, klepto level stealing, and breaking whine glasses because she can?

Ha

Eh, she was just seeing where Matt stood.

By Stoic

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 11:08 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I didn't care for Elektra either. She would have been far more tolerable if [SPOILER - highlight to read]: less of the season focused on her. IOW, she's only tolerable in small doses.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2016 11:41 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Elektra has a beautifully ****ed up rapport with daredevil I think it's perfect. Her story line though was easily the chink in season 2s armor, Punisher stole the season too much for their to be that much focus on [SPOILER - highlight to read]: black sky

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 12:35 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I watched episode 7

I don't know why, but Elektra is really off to me. She doesn't have the same terrifying factor she has in the comics. Elektra is usually serious, deadly, and intimidating. This chick comes off more as a retarded rich college daddy's girl trying to have fun. I like her as a stand alone character, but she hasn't captured Elektra yet at all. I have 6 episodes left through. Maybe that will change.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 04:54 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Please use spoiler tags, everyone!

I'm just now on episode six and don't want anything else ruined for me or anyone else.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 12:13 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote