KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Spiderman vs Ares (Marvel)

Spiderman vs Ares (Marvel)
Started by: Insane Titan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 17 18 [19]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SamZED
Found it. Bulldozer. Have no memory of the context. Could be a what if or something.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...ledriver4qv.jpg

I was gonna Couldn't find it online and my computer is still dead.

No prob thumb up Awesome Morlun thread btw.
---

I couldn't find the book where Peter talks about rejecting The Other but I instead (by pure accident) found a scan from an issue of Scarlet Spider that explains just that. Peter had The Other powers but saw it for what it was and "eventually rejected" it. Kaine couldn't.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-x9WkQ0oBy...tSpider14-9.jpg

It's canon. I'm too lazy to find my Secret Wars trade, but I remember that scene now. WC are massive jobbers, but that's still a nice showing. Especially if we compare it with Bulldozer vs. Hulk shifty

My computer is fixed now... but it's ancient. lol

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 11:03 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Found it. I'm not too lazy, after all.

Sam... it's the same issue he beat Titania in. Secret Wars #8. 100% canon.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 11:06 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It's canon. I'm too lazy to find my Secret Wars trade, but I remember that scene now. WC are massive jobbers, but that's still a nice showing. Especially if we compare it with Bulldozer vs. Hulk shifty

My computer is fixed now... but it's ancient. lol

Oh yeah, the WC are huge jobbers. I actually prefer their fight with Lord Rand under Claremont, because of how beastly they were. Made the fight mean something, unlike the later one where he beats most of them down without even needing an IF.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 11:09 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

laughing out loud

Yeah, I agree.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 11:16 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Not sure which conversation you mean but Pete talked about Morlun with Silk like ten issues ago. He spoke about the times they fought, said that he's dead now and even mentioned that he died more than once but came back somehow. As for the mystical origin - Ezekiel is the one who told Spider-man about his mystical origin in the first place introducing the concept of "spider totems" aka chosen ones with mystical spider themed powers. And in the recent story Peter was called a spider totem many times. Silk by the way is another (recently introduced) spider totem imprisoned by Ezekiel to protect her from Morlun. Just like he tried to protect Peter himself back when he first told him about his mystical origin. So the whole mystical spider totem story line is very much going on and not forgotten. As for the upgrades there was an issue (trying to find it now) where Peter talks about Kaine and how he unlike Pete himself embraced The Other suggesting that he went through the experience himself.

The. conversation u just mentioned was the one i was referencing. Anywho that revelation leads to more questions than answers. Does he or does he not have those powers? I just scrolled thru OMIT and the continuity discrepancies are all over the place

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 11:58 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Found it. I'm not too lazy, after all.

Sam... it's the same issue he beat Titania in. Secret Wars #8. 100% canon.
Sweet. thumb up Thanks, been so long since I've read the story. I'll be using that from now on. big grin

Originally posted by Sin I AM
The. conversation u just mentioned was the one i was referencing. Anywho that revelation leads to more questions than answers. Does he or does he not have those powers? I just scrolled thru OMIT and the continuity discrepancies are all over the place
It appears that does not have "access" to them because he rejects The Other. But this scan implies that he did go through the upgrades. It seems to be a mental thing where he refuses to give up his "man" part and give in to the "spider" part that comes with the upgrades.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2015 08:28 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Sam and Digi have spoken.

It's like Abhi and Supes, or Carvatar and Hulk. This thread is officially dead now lol.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2015 08:55 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

It's like Abhi and Supes, or Carvatar and Hulk. This thread is officially dead now lol.

I SHALL ARGUE ON SPIDER-MAN'S BEHALF!!!!!

'Cuz I'm bored.

Pete webs up Ares in the eyes, nose, ears and mouth, causing disorientation and discomfort.

Then, he takes that beating-up Firelord power, and channels it right into his greatest effort of a kick to the groin!!!

Ares buckles over in pain, passing-out.

Spider-Man wins.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2015 09:09 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Sweet. thumb up Thanks, been so long since I've read the story. I'll be using that from now on. big grin

It appears that does not have "access" to them because he rejects The Other. But this scan implies that he did go through the upgrades. It seems to be a mental thing where he refuses to give up his "man" part and give in to the "spider" part that comes with the upgrades.

Nothing is clear though. Unless they retconned the retcon and it slipped past me. Meh, its irrelevant because Peter won't use those powers and the upgrades are back to normal levels

Old Post Mar 1st, 2015 02:41 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super-flare

Spidey

Old Post Mar 1st, 2015 03:54 PM
Super-flare is currently offline Click here to Send Super-flare a Private Message Find more posts by Super-flare Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Nothing is clear though. Unless they retconned the retcon and it slipped past me. Meh, its irrelevant because Peter won't use those powers and the upgrades are back to normal levels
I think it's pretty clear, the retcon simply did not erase as much stuff as we originally thought it did. But I agree, never assumed he's going to use the stingers anyway. His strength level however seems to be at its absolute highest these days going by feats and their consistency.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

laughing out loud

Originally posted by Delta1938
I SHALL ARGUE ON SPIDER-MAN'S BEHALF!!!!!

Spider-Man wins.
I'll pm Digi, I'm sure he will get you an honorary membership badge of KMC's Spider-man club for this. stick out tongue

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2015 05:12 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote