KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Namor vs Black Bolt (h2h)

Namor vs Black Bolt (h2h)
Started by: Insane Titan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

What did Namor get hit with?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 04:11 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
That scream was dumb. Especially when Hickman had half power BB ko Namor with a whisper.

It seemed he forgot what Namor got hit with in the next issue.

Hickman is like bendis in that regard. He will write power levels as it suits him. That's why a scream can bloody Thanos but not namor.

Or a celestial can tank attacks from IG but not from galactus.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 04:17 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by ares834
What did Namor get hit with?

Black bolt screamed in his face. He was stunned for a few moments.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 04:19 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by abhilegend

Well then again he wasn't trying to kill Namor. Remember Panther wanted him coherent enough so that he knows what just happened to him. While the Thanos one we know for damn sure Bolt was trying to end him right then and there.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 04:25 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Hickman is like bendis in that regard. He will write power levels as it suits him. That's why a scream can bloody Thanos but not namor.

Or a celestial can tank attacks from IG but not from galactus.
Let's not go overboard here. Bendis.

And none of your examples work either.

Namor was still wrecked by the scream. And like 4 Celestials got killed by one IG shot.

It's just like Hickman really wanted to make Namor seem dead and then he went back and wrote the next issue a while later. Or scream was mixed with whisper somewhere along the line. Still though it happened. Wouldn't happen again.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 04:28 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Well then again he wasn't trying to kill Namor. Remember Panther wanted him coherent enough so that he knows what just happened to him. While the Thanos one we know for damn sure Bolt was trying to end him right then and there.

I don't see how that can be taken into account. If bolt didn't want to kill namor, why did he scream at all? If it was to throw him off the ship, it would've done by a whisper too.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 04:30 AM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

I don't see how that can be taken into account. If bolt didn't want to kill namor, why did he scream at all? If it was to throw him off the ship, it would've done by a whisper too.

I guess you didn't read the comic.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 04:35 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Let's not go overboard here. Bendis.

And none of your examples work either.

Namor was still wrecked by the scream. And like 4 Celestials got killed by one IG shot.

It's just like Hickman really wanted to make Namor seem dead and then he went back and wrote the next issue a while later. Or scream was mixed with whisper somewhere along the line. Still though it happened. Wouldn't happen again.

Yeah, comparison to bendis is a little too much. But still.

Didn't mad celestials took blasts from UN and IG?

And namor was at best koed for a few moments. It was again showed as a scream in the next issue though.

Http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/221...41-015.jpg.html

So I don't see how he forgot it.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 04:37 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I guess you didn't read the comic.

Don't patronize me celey.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 04:38 AM
ares834

Oh, that. laughing out loud

I thought Bran was referring to the planet blowing up and was going to point out that Namor didn't actually take the full impact.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 04:44 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Yeah, comparison to bendis is a little too much. But still.

Didn't mad celestials took blasts from UN and IG?

And namor was at best koed for a few moments. It was again showed as a scream in the next issue though.

Http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/221...41-015.jpg.html

So I don't see how he forgot it.
UN, not IG.

Still a fight ender. Though contradictory sure. But you're essentially making the case that him only being KO'ed lowers or highers ones powers. If he gets KO'ed by two varying attacks, should he be ko'ed MORE by the more powerful ones in comics? Death is a viable question but then again you can't exactly have Namor get killed by any such attack when he has a lot of shit to ruin in the future.

So yeah. It didn't make sense, but it's really the best that can happen outside whispers I guess. Still think something got mixed along the way though. Oh well. The way to solve this is to have each Namor and BB beat the shit out of Hulk somewhere down the line... naturally.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 04:47 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

No. I was serious when I said you didn't read the comic because not one person who read it would agree to what you said. Bolt did not try to kill Namor. It was all calculated by Panther. Bolt's attack was to incapacitate Namor long enough so that he would realize who planned it all and not be able to recover in time for the coup de grace.

Not all quasi-sonic attacks from Bolt are the same level.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 04:48 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

UN, not IG.

Still a fight ender. Though contradictory sure. But you're essentially making the case that him only being KO'ed lowers or highers ones powers. If he gets KO'ed by two varying attacks, should he be ko'ed MORE by the more powerful ones in comics? Death is a viable question but then again you can't exactly have Namor get killed by any such attack when he has a lot of shit to ruin in the future.

So yeah. It didn't make sense, but it's really the best that can happen outside whispers I guess. Still think something got mixed along the way though. Oh well. The way to solve this is to have each Namor and BB beat the shit out of Hulk somewhere down the line... naturally.

At, OK.

But it's incredibly contradicting that Namor was koed for only the moments Cabal took to approach him from maybe 100 feet.

It's always OK for someone to beat the shit out of Hulk, I agree with that.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 04:51 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

No. I was serious when I said you didn't read the comic because not one person who read it would agree to what you said. Bolt did not try to kill Namor. It was all calculated by Panther. Bolt's attack was to incapacitate Namor long enough so that he would realize who planned it all and not be able to recover in time for the coup de grace.

While varying scream levels is an actual thing, any scream is still more than the whisper needed to take Namor out. I think the overkill factor to only shortly put Namor out is the biggest issue here. Everyone even me is attuned to the hardest hit causing coma level ko's in comics.

You'd have to actually use real world logic to make sense of that, in that not every hit causes a coma KO even the hardest one. Seconds most of the time. Life worrying if it's minutes. Speaking of the real world, comics need seizure kos.

Still though. High as **** showing for Namor. I wonder how Hickman would write Glads vs Namor. Carver ending I'd hope.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 04:54 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Like I said.

That's just one interpretation of the scene and nowhere was it stated that Bolt was holding back. Him screaming and holding back are contradictory by nature. And I never said they are of the same level.

So stop patronizing already.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 04:55 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

While varying scream levels is an actual thing, any scream is still more than the whisper needed to take Namor out. I think the overkill factor to only shortly put Namor out is the biggest issue here. Everyone even me is attuned to the hardest hit causing coma level ko's in comics.

You'd have to actually use real world logic to make sense of that, in that not every hit causes a coma KO even the hardest one. Seconds most of the time. Life worrying if it's minutes. Speaking of the real world, comics need seizure kos.

Still though. High as **** showing for Namor. I wonder how Hickman would write Glads vs Namor. Carver ending I'd hope.

Hickman is writing Namor vs Gladiator?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 04:56 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Hickman is writing Namor vs Gladiator?
No but I hope he does. He seems to have a hard on for Namor and BB. If it were to happen it'd be a good one even though Hickman sucks at writing drawn out fights.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 04:58 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

No but I hope he does. He seems to have a hard on for Namor and BB. If it were to happen it'd be a good one even though Hickman sucks at writing drawn out fights.

Namor would beat the shit out of Kallark in such a fight.

Hickman has a very high opinion of Namor.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 05:01 AM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

I agree about the overkill factor and it was a great feat for fishbreath. I just took the weight of the context much more than the graphic portrayal.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 05:01 AM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Like I said.
That's just one interpretation of the scene and nowhere was it stated that Bolt was holding back. Him screaming and holding back are contradictory by nature. And I never said they are of the same level.

So stop patronizing already.

Well we do know he wasn't trying to kill him. He reserved that right to T'Challa.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2015 05:05 AM