KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Fear the Walking Dead

Fear the Walking Dead
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ascendancy
What I'm lost on is everyone's reaction. Why do so many zombie shows/movies all exist in worlds where no one has ever seen or read anything on zombies of any kind? Yeah, it's your neighbor, you like her, but you know every zombie you've seen so far kills everything it can, so you ice her.

And wtf was the teacher doing when he got home trying to reason with the other neighbor? Just straight dumb af.
that's been directly addressed by Kirkman himself.

zombie mythos don't exist; Night of the living Dead/Dawn of the Dead/Resident Evil... none of those were ever created in this universe. With that in mind, it makes sense that no one knows the rules and why no one uses the word zombie.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 04:22 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Yeah, but its kinda hard to just up and accept "Oh, there's zombies now, and all my friends and family are dead, and they're all zombies too, and they're trying to kill and eat me, so that I can be a zombie now, so I am forced to kill them before they kill me."

I'd be near too upset to defend myself, let-alone kill off my whole family.
This is actually the moment I've been waiting for my entire life.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 05:19 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by marwash22

zombie mythos don't exist; Night of the living Dead/Dawn of the Dead/Resident Evil... none of those were ever created in this universe. With that in mind, it makes sense that no one knows the rules and why no one uses the word zombie.
In the walking dead game, Lee Everett calls his brother a "zombie" after the apocalypse happens.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 05:49 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

-This shit where they try to cling onto any shred of hope, even when it's clearly not there, is ridiculous. The old Mexican guy has shit figured out already. If they listened to him, they'd survive.

-Why in the f*ck would they keep a zombie scourge that's sweeping across the entire country/world from their grown-ass daughter..?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 01:44 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

In the walking dead game, Lee Everett calls his brother a "zombie" after the apocalypse happens.
Different continuity.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 02:41 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Different continuity.
They were talking about in the zombie universe.

Also, no, its not a different continuity, the comic books, which started the AMC series, is canon.

The art style, and game itself, is based on the comic books, adding Lee in would not change a thing, and Glenn leaving leads up directly to the beginning of the comics, so yeah.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 07:58 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

They were talking about in the zombie universe.

Also, no, its not a different continuity, the comic books, which started the AMC series, is canon.

The art style, and game itself, is based on the comic books, adding Lee in would not change a thing, and Glenn leaving leads up directly to the beginning of the comics, so yeah.
FTWD and the tv show take place in the same continuity while the comic and the game take place in another, different timeline.

It's not that hard to understand.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 09:06 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Galan007
-This shit where they try to cling onto any shred of hope, even when it's clearly not there, is ridiculous. The old Mexican guy has shit figured out already. If they listened to him, they'd survive.

-Why in the f*ck would they keep a zombie scourge that's sweeping across the entire country/world from their grown-ass daughter..?
He's not from American suburbia.

He has experienced what the real world is really like.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 10:04 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

Originally posted by marwash22

Then their just the dumbest, slowest mofos on earth. Even in the first NOTLD films, and in any zombie movie anywhere that is stand-alone and without mythology to inform, people figure out in a hurry that it's kill or be killed. These people are over-the-top with their slow on the uptake reaction.

World War Z--the book, I have the film on deck to watch this weekend--does a good job of showing people unprepared for an outbreak but not a population completely unable to come to grips with the situation. Yeah, maybe the people can be brought back, but you don't put everyone else at risk by letting zombies chill nearby, neighbor or no.

The Governor had his own ideas about that on the show, but aside from a few specific cases zombies were still dropped on sight. FTWD is just a cesspool of idiocy.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 10:59 PM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

FTWD and the tv show take place in the same continuity while the comic and the game take place in another, different timeline.

Thats not the point, the point is that I was answering a different topic and you decided to say "Different continuity", as if that held even a shred of relevance.

Last edited by Jmanghan on Sep 18th, 2015 at 11:46 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 11:42 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Thats not the point, the point is that I was answering a different topic and you decided to say "Different continuity", as if that held even a shred of relevance.
What different topic?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 11:57 PM
Mindset

Jmanghan is drunk.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 12:26 AM
Jmanghan

What different topic?
This:

Attachment: 2015-09-18-194356.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 12:26 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Mindset
He's not from American suburbia.

He has experienced what the real world is really like.
And that is exactly why they should listen to him.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 12:31 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Galan007
And that is exactly why they should listen to him.
thumb up

We would survive.

Hell, we would thrive.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 12:40 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

This:
Your reply to Marwash' post was that Lee mentioned the word zombie as if that instance somehow disproved Kirkman's statement. I just pointed out that the game belongs to a different continuity, with other writers. And even then it contradicted the comic.

So Lee using the Z word was most likely a mistake from the writers part.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 12:42 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

I feel like living in that sort of environment is my true calling in life.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 12:46 AM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

The show kinda shoots itself in the foot. As stated before, for a full scale global zombie apocalypse to occur like it has in the show, humanity just be hell a stupid. As noted before, even in the original, the outbreak only lasted one night. But now, especially with the military as advanced as it is today, no way would society collapse. And what's especially insulting is that it only took 2 months.

I love the Walking Dead. Probably my favorite show on cable. Captures the feel of hopelessness and survival very well. But it is very clear that in terms of conflict, it is humans such as the Governor of the Claimers who must provide it. When you leave it to the zombies, unless they are in massive hordes, the suspense goes down really quick.

Compare the death of Herschel, who was truly in an inescapable position bound at the hands of the Governor and his army, with the death of Tyreese, who died essentially because he was daydreaming. Or the incident on the freeway where Sofia got lost. Only because Dale somehow lost his peripheral vision did Sofia end up dying. Or Carl not being able to shoot the Walker that kills Dale, who himself died from a lack of peripheral vision. And of course lets not forget the circumstances of Andrea's death, so avoidable it was mocked for months.

Even worse, we saw in the season finale that Daryl could kill 3 with a chain. We're supposed to believe the might of the U.S. military fell to mindless crippled corpses that can be killed by a chain swing? In 2 months no less? It's almost reminiscent of that scene in Battlefield Earth where Terl says he conquered Earth in 16 minutes. If the US military could swarm a beach filled with thousands of Nazis with machine guns and overtake it, and that was back in the 40's, I'm sure they could take down a zombie horde easily.

So the idea that the world fell to zombies is already implausible, but I'm willing to accept it because while it's circumstances are implausible, TWD is again a good look at post apocalyptic survival, which is while in that case I'll give it a pass. But now we have this show that is supposed to detail the fall. The PIS is going to have to be off the charts to pull this off in a 2 month time span.

I remember seeing promos where the creator was talking about taking an in depth look at what happens when people lose the basic goods and services they are used to. And I remember immediately thinking, "there's a show already about that. It's called The Walking Dead."

At about 6:50, the reviewer talks about an idea Frank Darabont had to have a prequel episode about the fall of humanity, which was,scraped when Darabont was fired. Could this show just be AMC resurrecting this idea for the profit of the franchise?

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 01:05 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yep. The difference in character with Hershel Greene in the game and TV show should make it obvious enough too that they're different continuities.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 01:11 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Your reply to Marwash' post was that Lee mentioned the word zombie as if that instance somehow disproved Kirkman's statement. I just pointed out that the game belongs to a different continuity, with other writers. And even then it contradicted the comic.

So Lee using the Z word was most likely a mistake from the writers part.

I guess, however, Lee and Clementine's video games are automatically canon to the comics, since it doesn't contradict anything.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 05:45 AM