KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What are you currently playing?

What are you currently playing?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (214): « First ... « 147 148 [149] 150 151 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Crackdown is a poor mans Crackdown LOL

True enough. thumb up

The sequels kill the franchise. The first game is a masterpiece. Actually playing it on and off right now.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2021 09:59 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Crackdown 3 was fun and was very similar to first game.

But I have a feeling you actually didn't play it. The problem with the Crackdown and its sequels is that the first game came out at the start of the HD generation. Seeing an open world like that and being able to move everywhere was pretty ****ing awesome.

But the content of the game (aside from the green orbs) was completely lacking. It was a perfect video game rental.

Infamous for the Playstation 3 was basically crackdown but with actual good campaign content and more involved game play systems.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2021 10:16 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Smasandian
Crackdown 3 was fun and was very similar to first game.

But I have a feeling you actually didn't play it. The problem with the Crackdown and its sequels is that the first game came out at the start of the HD generation. Seeing an open world like that and being able to move everywhere was pretty ****ing awesome.

But the content of the game (aside from the green orbs) was completely lacking. It was a perfect video game rental.

Infamous for the Playstation 3 was basically crackdown but with actual good campaign content and more involved game play systems.

Flying around the city and messing up gangs is still mad fun. The city is very stylistic, almost like a mesh of Gotham City and Metropolis.

Saints Row 4 is pretty much the pinnacle of that style of gameplay, but I still greatly enjoy what Crackdown has to offer.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2021 10:27 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

For sure...it was definitely a fun game. Crackdown 3 is very similar to that game. It even has the green orb crack.

I didn't like Saints Row 4. I prefer the third game. I didn't like how the superhero aspect of it.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2021 04:16 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Nier Replicant ver1.22...

Just beat Route A. Good shit but I'm a little disappointed with soundtrack. It's still excellent but it's not quite up to par with the originals.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2021 10:12 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

FEAR Extraction Point.
Hitman 2
Ghost of Tsushima
MLB The Show
Outriders

And my kids are playing Animal Crossing on the Switch, which has a bullshit mechanic that only allows one island per Switch. What bullshit is that......

Old Post Apr 25th, 2021 04:32 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Days Gone. It surprisingly hooked me.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 25th, 2021 09:15 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just a reminder, Alien Isolation is once again free on Epic Game Store.

This is your second chance to nab it, highly recommended game. Just think if it like Resident Evil 3, with a Xenomorph replacing Nemesis, and you'll have an idea of the gameplay.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2021 09:56 PM
Dbomb, The king
Restricted

Account Restricted

(PS5)Mk 11, Spider-man Remastered, Sometimes Persona 5,COD warzone, Dragon ball Fighterz, Hollow knight, Sekiro, God of war 4, mINeCrAfT. (Pc) Retrogames cause I need a better pc

Last edited by Dbomb, The king on Apr 25th, 2021 at 11:06 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2021 11:04 PM
Dbomb, The king is currently offline Click here to Send Dbomb, The king a Private Message Find more posts by Dbomb, The king Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by cdtm
Just a reminder, Alien Isolation is once again free on Epic Game Store.

This is your second chance to nab it, highly recommended game. Just think if it like Resident Evil 3, with a Xenomorph replacing Nemesis, and you'll have an idea of the gameplay.

It's better than Nemesis...Alien is completely driven by AI and I believe only a few instances where the Alien arrival is scripted.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2021 11:19 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Yeah, it's a nearly perfect Survival Horror experience. Too long to my taste.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2021 03:16 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

No shit the Alien AI is better then Nemesis for the RE 3, One of the many things they screwed up on for it.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2021 06:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Yeah, it was so weird. They unintentionally ended up creating a reverse mirror effect with REmake Nemesis being more like og RE2 Mr X.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2021 08:26 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Glad I passed on that RE3 sale. 😳

Old Post Apr 26th, 2021 01:14 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's still a good game. I had fun with it. Never played the original so I have nothing to compare it too.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2021 01:58 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Yeah, it's a nearly perfect Survival Horror experience. Too long to my taste.

Not much longer then Hollow Knight. smile

Old Post Apr 26th, 2021 02:22 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I can understand the sentiment though....Some games don't do well if they are too long.

I always had an issue with Bioshock. The last two areas are less impressive than the remaining game.

I had the same issue with Prey (2016), the game is incredible but it's just drags near the end...

Old Post Apr 26th, 2021 03:45 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by cdtm
Not much longer then Hollow Knight. smile
Not nearly the same, my friend. Survival Horror thrives in novelty.

When you get accustomed to the pressure, environment, get more powerful, start to understand the patterns etc the fear factor takes a hard dive and in a game such as A:I, that's a capital sin. It's built around making you feel scared all the time, but after 25 hours of the same loop the Xenonorph becomes more of an annoyance easily avoidable than the constant instigator that it felt at the beginning.

Hollow Knight in the other hand doesn't have to preoccupy itself with such things. Does it have to keep exploration interesting? Of course, but imo that's a much easier task.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2021 04:00 PM
Dbomb, The king
Restricted

Account Restricted

Should I get Demon Souls or Ghost of Tsushima.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2021 04:13 PM
Dbomb, The king is currently offline Click here to Send Dbomb, The king a Private Message Find more posts by Dbomb, The king Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Making an effort to get in to Planescape Torment and Dragons Age Origins, to give my seasonal aching joints a break.

Never was into those sorts of games, but I can see the appeal. Feels like reading a digital novel with gameplay tacked on.

The freedom of Planescape Torment throws me off a bit though. You never know what the "right" way to play is. There is definitely consequences for doing things in way you wouldn't expect to have consequences for, like making certain quests far easier then others, but its pure coin flip what leads to what. Sometimes the Renegade option is best, and other times the Paragon nets the best results.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2021 04:26 PM