KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » What are you currently playing?

What are you currently playing?
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (214): « First ... « 165 166 [167] 168 169 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Dark Cloud, Up to the final area on the moon

&

Hedon Bloodrite

Old Post Sep 5th, 2021 05:42 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nuclear Throne.

Fun game but I don't really have the right setup for it, lacking a computer desk because I'm all in on laptops and wanted to free up space.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2021 02:51 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bangai-O Missile Fury.

Delisted this year, and never made backwards compatible. Another one bites the dust.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2021 02:27 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Psychonauts 2
Immortals Fenix Rising
Quake Remastered
Automechef

Old Post Sep 8th, 2021 02:49 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nioh complete edition.

Reminds me of Dark Souls.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2021 05:34 PM
StyleTime

Nioh had many of the things I love in a Dark Souls clone, but it failed to capture my interest the way I thought it would.

It has a few kick ass songs though. thumb up

Last edited by StyleTime on Sep 10th, 2021 at 08:01 PM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2021 07:46 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StyleTime
Nioh had many of the things I love in a Dark Souls clone, but it failed to capture my interest the way I thought it would.

I'm liking it so far. Remains to be seen if I can maintain even a 30 frame on lowest settings, but here's hoping.

I updated my drivers on the AMD site, and the radeon control panel has a big red X next to everything with the words "Does not meet minimum system requirements".

This includes games like Sonic Mania and Shovel Knight, which can run on a literal potatoe. And they run perfectly for my laptop, no clue why it claims it shouldn't.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2021 07:16 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by StyleTime

It's okay but the world isn't interesting enough to provide context to your actions and bluntly the game is more stat-checky than maybe any Soulslike I've played.

Hollow Knight is the best Soulslike. Other good ones include Salt and Sanctuary, Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, Remnant from the Ashes, Unworthy, Blasphemous, and Code Vein.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2021 08:04 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NemeBro
It's okay but the world isn't interesting enough to provide context to your actions and bluntly the game is more stat-checky than maybe any Soulslike I've played.

Hollow Knight is the best Soulslike. Other good ones include Salt and Sanctuary, Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, Remnant from the Ashes, Unworthy, Blasphemous, and Code Vein.

Hollow Knight is a great game, but I think goes a little bit overboard with the hyper challenges.

Especially the Gods and Glory one, I'd be surprised if even 1 percent of all players cracked that marathon without cheating.

Speaking of challenges, still have the trial of the fool on the menu... How hard can it be? 😂

Old Post Sep 11th, 2021 08:36 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nemebro, did you trigger any interesting bugs in your plays?

I got a strange one where if you send Hollow Knight into phase two while he's in mid air, he drops to the ground like a stone and his polarity seems to be reversed. Like he'll slide along the ground, and his animations are all screwed up like a doll with his strings cut.

Was a freaky experience.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2021 08:42 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I really liked Jedi Fallen Order. Think one of the most remarkable things it did was show that you can have a soulsborne type game with a difficulty option that still maintains the magic of those types of games.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2021 06:46 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

The only drawback to Fallen Order is that the game is a bit too small, it has the feel of an old school Tomb Raider but not the scope, there's something to be said for leaving your audience wanting more so it's not a huge problem but it makes replaying the game a bit meh.

Just installed a bunch of combat mods and Katanas on Skyrim to give my next playthrough a martial arts vibe.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Sep 12th, 2021 04:45 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by samhain
The only drawback to Fallen Order is that the game is a bit too small, it has the feel of an old school Tomb Raider but not the scope, there's something to be said for leaving your audience wanting more so it's not a huge problem but it makes replaying the game a bit meh.

Just installed a bunch of combat mods and Katanas on Skyrim to give my next playthrough a martial arts vibe.

So does Fallen Order play more like Nioh or Dark Souls?

Old Post Sep 12th, 2021 05:18 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I've not played Nioh yet but there are a lot of similar things with Dark Souls. Just downloaded D&D Dark Alliance so I'll give that a spin for a bit.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2021 06:13 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've not played Nioh yet but there are a lot of similar things with Dark Souls. Just downloaded D&D Dark Alliance so I'll give that a spin for a bit.

Nioh Complete is free on Epic Game Store until Thursday if you're interested.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2021 06:30 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Dark souls 1, Had to summon Solaire to help me beat Ornstein and Smough the ****en *****.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2021 09:35 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by cdtm
Nioh Complete is free on Epic Game Store until Thursday if you're interested.

thumb up

Old Post Sep 13th, 2021 01:23 PM
Jmanghan

I've heard horrific things about D&D Dark Alliance, good luck brother.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 13th, 2021 06:10 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by cdtm
So does Fallen Order play more like Nioh or Dark Souls?

It's closer to Dark Souls than to Nioh, but it's not really that similar to either. If you've played GOW 2018, it's more like that.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2021 11:02 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Fallen Jedi gets easier once you get used to the combat. My understanding its a lot more forgiving than Dark Souls.

Or more casual....but I enjoyed the hell out of Fallen Jedi.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2021 11:26 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote